Observing Lee Chong Wei at the Malaysian Open SS 2010

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2010' started by chris-ccc, Jan 17, 2010.

1. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Don't jinx him... :D
    X-Ball was fine at the Korean Open, though.

2. undeadshot

Lee Chong Wei's match starting anytime soon? I feel sleepy THIS early...schoolwork and all :(

3. undeadshot

Lee Chong Wei on court now. 0-0.

4. undeadshot

Lee Chong Wei ANNIHILATED Rajiiv Ouseph 21-14; 21-4, same scoreline with his 1st round against Andrew Smith last tournament. 29 minutes.

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
  6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

LCW should feel more comfortable playing against CJ than against DPY

George, perhaps you will be at the match to support Lee Chong Wei soon. This match is scheduled at 7:40pm, which is less than 4 hours from now.

Experienced player, Sung Hwan PARK[​IMG][KOR] was defeated convincingly by [​IMG][CHN] Pengyu DU 16-21, 17-21, in 48 minutes yesterday in Round 1.

We shall wait to observe how LCW can respond to Du's challenge in Round 2. If he defeats Du, LCW would probably be facing [​IMG][CHN] Jin Chen [3] in Round 3.

IMHO, LCW should feel more comfortable playing against CJ than against DPY. Only 5 days ago, LCW easily defeated CJ with scores of 21-11, 21-13 in 37 minutes (at the 2010 Korean Open SS Semi-Finals).

8. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Interestingly, Datuk is at the same half with those who have beaten him before, Chen Jin, Bao Chunlai, Nguyen Tien Minh and Jan O Jorgensen. If he reaches finals, Peter Gade who stunned him @ Korea Open last yeat awaits.

9. undeadshot

It looks like Du Pengyu has given Datuk Lee Chong Wei a very big scare, Lee Chong Wei dropped his first set for 2010 to Du Pengyu, losing 21-23 in first game...

10. undeadshot

Finally, Datuk Lee Chong Wei prevails 21-23; 21-17; 21-14 in 69 minutes! What a match! Du Pengyu, you played really well to impress me, I will keep an eye on you for the upcoming tournaments. :D
    Lee Chong Wei's first match where he dropped a set and worked so hard...

11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

2010 Malaysian Open SS: Tougher for Lee Chong Wei against Chen Jin in Quarter-Finals

Thanks undeadshot for the good news. :):):)

It will be tougher for Lee Chong Wei against Chen Jin at the Quarter-Finals tomorrow since CJ had a much easier match against Chan Yan Kit tonight.

Let's compare their Round 2 results played tonight;
    Chong Wei LEE [1][​IMG][MAS] defeated [​IMG][CHN] Pengyu DU 21-23, 21-17, 21-14 in 69 mins
    while, Jin CHEN [5][​IMG][CHN] defeated [​IMG][HKG] Yan Kit CHAN 21-08, 21-11 in 28 mins.

Will Lee Chong Wei be able to defeat Chen Jin tomorrow?

12. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Frankly, I am disappointed with LCW's performance against Du Pengyu. He had his opponent on the ropes and then let go. So much so that I went out of the stadium and had dinner during the 2nd game of the match.

LCW only showed serious badminton during the tailend of game 2 when Du almost caught up, and again at 12-12 on game 3.

He could have clearly put the issue beyond doubt in 2 games.

13. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

He does that all the time - hope you have not just witnessed that. And that is why he lost in the past to average players. These days he 'gets out of jail' because he is a better player but still a risk he does not need to take.

14. Misty100

Misty100 Regular Member

LCW was doing some kinda demonstration on display during the first set. If you were there watching the match in the stadium, you will know what it was like. He was obviously the better player from the start, but he chooses to toy with DPY and only played seriously like what abedang mentioned above.

15. cyclone9

cyclone9 Regular Member

Yesterday I saw his playing style was totally different in Korea Open 2010 final against peter gade. During Korea Open, he smash more to gain points but here so dissapointed he only playing trick and rally style game.

He has the smashing power but didnt use it much to tapau Du Pengyu

16. badMania

badMania Regular Member

He wasted the lead during the first-set and certainly lost his focus for a while there, which led to Du Pengyu winning the first-set. That was almost repeated at the mid-way of the second-set when Du Pengyu closed in at 17-19. As for the third set, it's probably Lee Chong Wei decided not to fool around, esp after the Chinese levelled the score as you said :cool:

It's the most unconvincing performance of Lee Chong Wei in the 7 matches he played since last week :cool: If he shows the same kind of performance today, Chen Jin will seize the chance and beat him :cool: Let's see which side of LCW turns up today...last week's LCW or yesterday's LCW.

17. ivanow

ivanow Regular Member

Student
    hmmm... i guess mayb LCW is saving his energy for tomolo match againts CJ ? he juz toy-ing wif DPY and when DPY catches up , only LCW get serious ? juz my guessing , no offence.

18. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Actually I was there on Round 1, LCW did the same thing against Rajiv but DPY is not an easy meat. LCW needs to tighten his butt against CJ tonight.

19. undeadshot

Saving his energy? Playing a 69-minute match doesn't seem very energy-saving to me, I think finish off in 2 sets still better. I think today got a big name, LCW will not fool around any longer, or else he gets shown the exit. :eek:

20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

2010 Malaysian Open SS Round 2: Lee Chong Wei not showing seriousness

This is indeed not good for LCW nor his fans. :(:(:(

For LCW; he shouldn't lose focus in any match, regardless of his opponents' strengths/weaknesses. LCW should show seriousness in all his matches. Matches in his earlier rounds should be used to sharpen up his concentration as the tournament progresses.

For LCW's fans; LCW should play his best for them. They wish to watch how excellent and sharp his shots are.