Observing Lee Chong Wei at the Malaysian Open SS 2010

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2010' started by chris-ccc, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Regular Member

Electronics Engineer, Transport Systems
    very interesting and thought provoking last few posts up there. this is not intended to be an excuse-making session for LCW but it has been said that there is a shortage of (high level) left-handed sparring partners for LCW whereas the reverse does not apply to LD. i don't know what difference it makes at the top level but from what i understand, left-handed players usually have a slight advantage in this respect.

anyway, it's good to see LCW's game progressing and increasing in depth - this makes it even more interesting for us fans to watch. once LD comes out of his secret training camp we'll get to see what he has been working on... 2010 promises to be another interesting year in MS badminton :)

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

These folks seem to think so..

..here are some clues on whether SuperDan will show up or not @ the upcoming AE:

- From a long lost M'sian now residing in cold & dry Canada, OTB (even willing to bet 3 of his rackets):
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1269460&postcount=2160
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1270261&postcount=2176
    - From your ex-drink-betting partner, Loh:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1270996&postcount=2184
    - From one of the young M'sian fans, koo_fan:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1269841&postcount=2169
    - And from your brother, Pemuda:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1269281&postcount=2154

3. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Congratulations to Lee Chong Wei for winning the Malaysian Open for the 6th time. However, I saw the final. It was pretty boring :(

Good work, though. Your next major target is the All-England.

4. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, BP was just played a below par match........cant match LCW power and speed.....quite boring ;)

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

LCW was too hot for BP to handle in the final.;)

anyway, it's also a final.;)

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i rewatch the match between lcw and ntm
    in the 1st set
    lcw made 11 unforce errors and another 2 is because he is slow:eek:
    ntm should have a 11-5 lead at interval if 2 lousy line call been over rule:mad:
    with 13 point gifted,ntm should have win the 1st set but he cant as lcw absorb the pressure and gain 4 consecutive point from 7-9 to 11-9
    it will be a better match to watch if ntm win the 1st:(

as for 2nd set
    lcw did 5 unforce error and lost 1 because he is slow
    lcw speed and game plan is obviously different comparing 1st set and 2nd set
    ntm can hardly react:((but at least better than what bp show in 2nd set of final)
    gonna watch the final now:)

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i rewatch the final
    actually
    bp play quite good in the 1st half of the 1st set
    he leading all the way from 6-3 to 12-10 in the 1st set with his attacking play work as lcw only commit 3 mistake in the 12 points bp earn
    means that bp earn 9 point on his own ability:D
    but then
    when lcw step up the pace and have a 11-1 run,bp cant answer at all.
    the only point bp score in that run is lcw smash wide:eek:

in the 2nd set
    seriously,i didnt watch much in the stadium,i just say:faster finish:(
    and i didnt get excited at all.
    3 out of 7 points bp earn is from lcw mistake
    means that,bp only able to score 4 out of the 28 rally:(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    thats remind me of lcw form at tc and sgo 2008 where he find a new height,but then after sgo,the rest of the world getting closer to this height and lindan is the 1st one to get to a higher height than lcw in 2008 og.
    and now,this is another height that lcw discover,are this height any closer to lindan?
    we should find out if they really face off in ae
    but then,the rest of the world will surely work hard to get themself closer to this height.
    how long is the time they need to take?
    i think it should be after thomas cup,so,i believe it will be the greatest interest to watch lin dan vs lcw in the upcoming ae,so and tc(if they meet):)

thanks to abedeng,from the chit chat,i be able to find another view to observe^^