Observing Lee Chong Wei at the Malaysian Open SS 2010

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2010' started by chris-ccc, Jan 17, 2010.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Congratulations to Lee Chong Wei for winning his first back-to-back titles, with the KOR and MAS SS titles safely in his trophy room to mark a great start of the year.

But really though, it's the All-England, World Championships and the Asian Games Individual Event that will mark his ultimate tests this year :cool: Even the Commonwealth Games should not be considered his major goal this year as he had won it before.

2. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

You are beginning to sound like Pemuda.Give LCW a break, he just won the KO and the MO. He has never won the KO and he won it. He has never won a back to back and he has done it. He has never won 6 MOs and he has done it.

So he will win an AE - and that is all there is to it.:D

3. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    a hattrick perhaps? will he make it? anyway, i've uploaded the final md game video. search for it in youtube.

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    2010 Malaysian Open SS Finals: Lee Chong Wei defeated Boonsak Ponsana

We have followed Lee Chong Wei to Korea and we have followed him to Malaysia, and he had won both there.

Lee Chong Wei's 2010 Malaysian Open Results;

Round 1
    Chong Wei LEE [1][​IMG][MAS] defeated [​IMG][ENG] Rajiv OUSEPH 21-14, 21-04 in 30 mins.

Round 2
    Chong Wei LEE [1][​IMG][MAS] defeated [​IMG][CHN] Pengyu DU 21-23, 21-17, 21-14 in 69 mins.

Quarter-Finals
    Chong Wei LEE [1][​IMG][MAS] defeated [​IMG][CHN] Jin CHEN [5] 21-14, 16-21, 21-15 in 70 mins.

Semi-Finals
    Chong Wei LEE [1][​IMG][MAS] defeated [​IMG][VIE] Tien Minh NGUYEN 22-20, 21-11 in 40 mins

Finals
    Chong Wei LEE [1][​IMG][MAS] defeated [​IMG][THA] Boonsak PONSANA 21-13, 21-07 in 35 mins

Congratulations to Lee Chong Wei !!! :):):)

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

The question is when? And whether Lin Dan will be his opponent in the SF/Final? If Lin Dan is not present, his chance will increase a lot...but if he's there....the question remains....if he is capable enough of beating Lin Dan where it matters. So far, it has been nil for LCW :eek:

I hope that he DOES WIN an AE or WC while he's at his prime. That will at least shut the mouths of some of his most ardent critics :rolleyes:

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Can you also upload the final of the Mens Singles match video?

Hi extremenanopower,

The final of MD match video? :confused::confused::confused:
    Can you also upload the final of the Mens Singles match video?

7. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    singles boring lah. I only watch lcw and lindan finals. ;)

8. Dolphin

Dolphin Regular Member

Electronics Engineer, Transport Systems
    video

chris, the singles match is here.

http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=80405

suppose the MD one will be up shortly.

9. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Lee chong Wei and Lin Dan to be at their very best for this coming 2010 All-England

For Lee Chong Wei: After working hard to be well prepared for both the 2010 Korean and Malaysian Opens and having won them both, we hope it would encourage him to train harder to be at his very best for this coming All-England Open.

For Lin Dan: He said he has been monitoring LCW's performance during 2010 Korean Open. He said he was not ready for this Malaysian Open after observing LCW's excellent performance in Korea.

For us Badminton fans: Let's hope that both of them would be at their very best for this coming 2010 All-England. If we could have them meeting each other there, it could be the "Match of the Year (2010)". :):):)

10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

2010 Malaysian Open SS Mens Singles Finals video match

Thanks Gavin,

So you have been following the 2010 Malaysian Open as keenly as I have. :):):)
    Hope to see you this Wednesday 27-Jan-2010.

11. Dolphin

Dolphin Regular Member

no worries, chris. actually it's all thanks to these folks who selflessly devote time and effort to upload these things for us who don't have the chance to be at the live event :) i know personally some BCers who went to the stadium as a group so it's nice to see some familar faces.

chances to join CCC at MSAC this wednesday are good. i miss the nice badminton-only courts and meticulous organisation of CCC sessions (well, if only everyone follows it but it works most of the time).

12. Dolphin

Dolphin Regular Member

back on the topic of this thread, it looks like smashes from anywhere at the rear court seem to be more and more prominent in LCW's arsenal. previously, he seemed to favour cross court smashes only. anyway, hope we'll get to see this march whether this new weapon is effective against his nemesis LD.

13. xsakurax

xsakurax Regular Member

anyway congrats to lcw~I'm glad tat he had successfully accomplished his mission.But what i'm worried about is he may not be able to perform well in AE.Not trying to be pessimist but whenever we say LCW is in a good form before any major tournament,then he will collapse.Hopefully it wont happen this year~I really really want to see him winning AE T__T

#93 xsakurax, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  14. sekut

sekut Regular Member

i watched the match yesterday...whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    LCW was on fire in the 2nd game
    feel pity to BP as he has no answer to lcw in the 2nd game
    but it was very interesting in the first game...they were both played evenly
    congarts to LCW....hope he can maintain his fire until year end :)

15. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

This is a new LCW. After watching him for the past two SS series you will notice that he has added a few new weapons never seen him use before. PJ-swift spoke to MIsbun about new techniques could be added to LCW's repertoire and for the pass two SS I have at least seen two at work.

LCW obviously have been watching LD's video, I believe not to find a chink in the latter's armour but n how LD executes his shots.

I saw LCW leaping from his base position to reach an overhead smash, something he used to had to take two steps before he could smash.

Another is the way he use an overhead forearm smash to his opponents right, there was no rolling of the shoulder or big back swing but a fast snap of the wrists whilst in the air sending the shuttle like an arrow straight for the sideline and that is LD's signature shot .

He used it against Peter Gade and Chen Jin.

I dont think it will work against LD though cause LD is left handed and it will expose him to LD's front court return whilst he had to run diagonal to retireve that shot but against right handed player the return would probaly be a bit high of the tape for LCW to tap.

LCW and his coach I believe have stopped measuring him against LD and instead of looking for ways to beat LD has focus on working on his weaknesses or add more variety to his play so that the chasing pack of CJ, PG, SDK, TH, PSH and JJ have to constantly double their effort just to keep wihin striking distance.

He should rest more and concentrate on honing these new waepons so that they will be more effective in future games.

16. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    My suggestion is take one step at the time.. dont think about Lin Dan too much. He might lose unexpectedly to other players and NOT Lin Dan.

17. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Well what do you think? In a tournament, anything can happen - you strained an ankle; you have flu; you over-trained; you missed a flight, bla bla bla and you lose.

But given the great start and the emphatic wins by LCW, LD is on a back foot by not showing up - a wise move (LD at least understands it more than fans here, it is all about training hard to have a chance of winning).

I would be glad if LCW wins either the WC, AE or the Thomas Cup. He does not need to win everything to convince me he is good. In fact, I think he is the best Malaysia has produced for a very long time. I have seen Tan Aik Huang win the 1966 AE but LCW is very much better than Aik Huang.

Enough said, when is LD going to show up ? Will he be there at the AE I wonder.

18. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Comparing Lee Chong Wei with other past Malaysian AE winners

Agreeing with X Ball. Lee Chong Wei is the best Malaysia has produced for a very long time.

It's just unfortunate that LCW hasn't won any major tournaments, like the All-England, as yet. And because of this, some are saying that LCW cannot be compared to Hafiz Hashim, Tan Aik Huang, and other past Malaysian AE winners. :(

#98 chris-ccc, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  19. DivingBirdie

DivingBirdie Regular Member

student
    frankly speaking lcw already had many of these attacking shots in his arsenal years ago. But most of them wouldn't put him in an advantageous position against super LD, who will use them as opportunities to counter-attack.

But then again with lee's current form i believe he'd be able to take some risk and initiate attacks on LD...i believe we all would love to see that...hope to see them clash sometime soon

20. volcom

volcom Regular Member

LCW should be the best Malaysias produced