Jetspeed JS10 Q

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Praj, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

I notice that one as well *high-five* :D

YNWA

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Well, I used to work for them... "fan" is a bit strong.

#82 Mark A, Sep 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  3. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    It seems it is not identical. minor changes.
    094932idoahzid85yzhazo.jpg

232011v6oqod1m7a7vvaon.jpg

Removal of shark tec to reduce air resistance.

a7fb908agy1fjvx1gsfj0j22hc26x4js.jpg
    Longer cone. 3mm more.

232108itszst7ltcncsgs1.jpg
    Cone top part shape revert back to straight kind.

a7fb908agy1fjvx29wxjfj23b42hckjl.jpg
    3-4 holes are now protected..

BP is higher now and the shaft is even stiffer now..

in terms of stiffness, i would rate JS10Q equal to ZF2 now.

The stiffness might be too stiff for some. I could feel more vibration with JS10Q compared to JS10.
    will need some getting used to.

#83 Junye, Oct 23, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Finally, some more facts! Thanks for sharing! How about the frame profile? Still identical or more like the JS12?

5. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Definitely more like the JS12.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

6. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Frame eh... Personally I would say it is the same...the main difference is ...it feels more solid than the original js10 (when you swing it)

another session today and the crazy stiff shaft ...don't remember my old js10 that hard to use... It's like zspeed. The shaft doesn't bend much.

Gotta rest. Hope next week session will be better if not it will be sayonara for JS10Q.

7. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    While the frames swing blindhold the same according to my impressions, I need to add that JS10Q is a different racket. Balance and weights (headweight and overall weight) are the same as JS10, but the feel is totally different and the shaft is really hard to flex. I would say the stiffness of Q is BS10 (3/5) or even MX80 level. Who thought that the JS10 is stiff, will be surprised by how much stiffer the JS10Q feels. Also the feel of the Q is like hitting a baseball bat on a wall and the vibration is for most people include me too much. Just by feel like playing the same type of racket from a different brand. Personally, I dislike the Q and the S is the better racket IMO just by flex and feel. The S is IMO a more balanced racket combination in terms of head weight, flex and feel compared. Playing the Q is no fun at all and the shaft will challenge you even when you are used to stiff rackets since a decade. The difference in head weight is between the 3U and 4U not much. Swing nearly the same, hard to notice a difference.

visor, Gavin97 and s_mair like this.
  8. Junye

Junye Regular Member

It is important to stay relaxed playing with JS10Q. When tired and start using arm swings, it will cost you a lot of pain.
    Do note that rackets like this should be strung like >26lbs in order to perform the crisp swift returns. (my opinion)

Smashing is definitely improved as compared to the old JS10. Don't expect ZF2 power please.
    You will still need a few smashes to kill off the opponents. After all, JS10 is better known to be able to smash swiftly and consistently with less fatigue.

9. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Thanks for your advice and quoting me, but I don't need it. :p Just wanted to point out that the JS10Q is different. Played 3 JS10 at high tension for nearly 2 years as my go-tos. I know how the JS10 works and how to wield it. ;)

10. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I haven't tested the new version and it's unlikely I will receive one. We were led to believe that this was a repaint rather than a mark II version. It's a shame they didn't resolve the sinking grommets at the same time - a glaring and poor mistake.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

11. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Especially since they acknowledged and (said they) sorted the issue with the new JS12. I might try and get hold of one for long term testing, as that was the only thing turning me away from the old one.

Looks like I dodged several bullets going for the K9900 - six months of being kicked in the nads and they're perfectly happy... what did they do/not do differently?

#91 Mark A, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  12. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Do you mean the old JS10 or the old JS12? AFAIR you mentioned that you didn't had sinking issues on your JS10's...
    IMO the mold of different profiles, bad molding, material quality issues caused the sinking. My guess is that the graphit is uneven distributed and this was the reason why some sunk and some not. Comparing a 3U K9900 with a Jetspeed is unfair. The mass of the head and the box profile is a different world. Even my 3U AT50 don't have any sinking issues for its age and tensions up to 33lbs. You are comparing Mark Henry with Daniel Bryan. ;)

13. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    :cool:

14. super-g

super-g Regular Member

Played first session with Jetspeed 10 S Q today. Been using "normal" Jetspeed 10 for a few years before. For me Q is definitely big improvement. As other have noticed it feels bit more head-heavy but still maintains amazing speed. So smashes are better and feedback from racket is more solid. When smashing with BG80 power string at 26 lbs it feels and sounds like racket is falling to pieces, only after a while I stopped checking racket after each smash ;) Also backhand shots are much easier, normal JS 10 felt too head-light for those. I don't understand complaints that it is too stiff, I am not a strong player but have no problem producing powerful shots with this racket. For me it is perfect racket for doubles.

15. Junye

Junye Regular Member

hahah can pair up with TK-Falcon.

16. super-g

super-g Regular Member

It was a great racket to play with, all 6 hours it did last. After a tired mistimed smash the frame cracked from 4 o'clock. Looks like I can not afford to play with Jetspeed 10 anymore, this was my 4th broken Jetspeed. 3 previous were normal Jetspeed 10's. Today was first time it broke from mishit, before it has been minor clashes that any for Yonex racket would not even chip the paint. My partner also broke one Jetspeed 10 shaft next to handle during the session after a clash :eek: So we had to stop playing after we run out rackets, still had plenty of shuttlecocks left o_O

I can say Q version does not have improved durability compared to "normal" Jetspeed 10. Great racket if you can afford it.

yan2xp likes this.
  17. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Hmmm might be the stringing? It's weird to be breaking like that.
    you can claim the warranty from the shop if the frame really broke.

I'm finally getting the hang of JS10Q.... almost felt it was on its way out from my racket bag.
    it does need a higher concentration level when playing.

Feel JS10Q paintwork is still more durable than the normal JS10. had a few slight clashes... but all is well.
    the old JS10 will probably not survive even minor clashes.

18. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    IMO it's absolute normal that rackets break in a clash. Especially if your tension is not low. If you clash you can't make responsible the racket for it. It's you or your partner who are not coordinated well. Sometimes you are lucky, sometimes not. A racket is not a car with any safety standards and weight less than a chocolate bar. 4 o' clock position sounds like a too tight support from stringing which created a dent or minimal crack in the frame. If you play with bad partner who wants to take all, every racket will go - I promise. It's poor quality of play and not the racket.

19. super-g

super-g Regular Member

Good points guys. My broken Q racket head did look more narrow than standard Jetspeeds. It had 24 lbs string tension. Don't know if head shape is supposed to be identical? Maybe the stringer did poor job and put too much tension to horizontal strings, it was strung by the shop I bought it from instead of my regular stringer.

Here is photo of the broken frame:
    [​IMG][/IMG][​IMG]

20. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

The head shape should have remained unchanged compared to the old JS10, so the string job was definitely a bit fishy. Anyway, I would in any case try to claim a warranty replacement or refund since it's quite obvious there hasn't been a significant clash around this area. Not paint chips or any other damages there.

Return it to the shop and insist on your customer rights. Don't let them get away with selling a product that dies after 6 hours of regular and the intended use (a mishit is part of a normal badminton game)! They will only start to take care of these issues when it starts to cost them serious money to replace all the broken ones.

Daniel™ likes this.