Jetspeed JS10 Q

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Praj, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

The dull feeling when I use Yonex is the main reason why I dislike Yonex rackets. So far my experience with Victor and LiNing is satisfying enough I don't think I will buy Yonex racket in near future

Aventus and robfitsy like this.
  2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    When you buy a Victor and need to use 20lbs with BG65 to prevent the frame from sunken holes, you didn't gain any feel. :p

3. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

Haha.. luckily my JS12 has already undergone 4 stringjobs, all at 26lbs, BG80, without any issue

4. hm_andhika

hm_andhika Regular Member

Consultant and Technology Enthusiast
    As a former fans of JS10, I decided to try out JS10Q (4U 85gr). Will share my experience tomorrow (hopefully).

I plan to string the racket with 66F 27lbs and hope the racket would be okay without having a sunken grommet issue which could cause the frame cracked.

5. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Good call on the changes to the JS10Q - looks like I will be avoiding that one.
    My K9900's aren't showing any string dents at the moment, but I will now be keeping an eye out. I'm definitely a canary in this coalmine...

There's no way this has escaped Victor's attention, though - if we know, they know.

6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Why on earth would they change anything besides the color on a fabulous racket like the JS10?
    Why would they change such crucial things like the frame profile - which is a big part of any racket's DNA?
    And worst of all, the changes don't even seem to have solved the sinking issue.

I mean, seriously... WTF?!

So does that mean that the true JS10 addicted out there should start stocking up backup frames if one can still find some around?

7. hieu nguyen

hieu nguyen Regular Member

nah bro. It's actually an improved JS10. Try it before you make any assumption.

8. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Not every change over time is automatically an improvement and for people who are married to a specific racket and need a replace this is a no-go.

#48 ucantseeme, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  9. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

The old JS-10 has sold out at least three times in Europe. That gets messed with, but the turd-that-won't-flush BS12? No - must leave that one alone!

Are they going to do an Apple? Deliberately gimp a racket and then bring a new one out that fixes it? This frame sinking is apparently a new issue, so they've changed something... just change it back!

Aventus and s_mair like this.
  10. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

Did somebody already have it and find the same sinking issue again?

11. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    The sinking can be verified by me on my 1gen. JS10 with "Pyrofil" and "Mitsubishi" on the shaft the 2nd Gen with just Pyrofil don't have it, but Victor wouldn't be Victor if they were consistent. ;)

12. hieu nguyen

hieu nguyen Regular Member

I have the same version as you and I have strung the same frame over 10 times with zero sunken hole? yall need to stop stringing such high tension and blame the manufacture. Think about it, they allow you go to 27 lbs max and you go 30lbs. Dude stop being stupid.

potter88 likes this.
  13. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

Actually I am refering to JS10Q as we are in JS10Q thread. Sorry if you misunderstand

14. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Improved, huh? Please enlighten me what is supposed to have become better with the Q?

Frame stability? No.
    New techs (oh wait, they even dropped the SharkTec...)? No.
    Colors? Hell no.

The only thing They have "improved" is most likely the production costs and hence their profit margin. Woohoo, well done.

Aventus likes this.
  15. hm_andhika

2nd gen = JS10Q?

I'm too late reading your feedback and comment. Well, I just have to test it today and decide if it is good enough or not.

16. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Have you tried it? Have you seen it in person? Have you swung it? I have a buddy who bought one on release. His own words regarding the differences between the original and the new one were that any changes they made had no value at all. Only he's an oddball that likes the new colour better. I nearly broke the display piece in the shop cos I thought it so ugly.

I don't find 2-3lbs over the limit unreasonable for any racket. I exceed warranty on every single racket I have but I string 30/32lbs so I know warranty is trash. I string to my comfort zone. Not the manufacturers. How about you stop being stupid. Most of us here commenting about these issues have been using victor for the better part of a decade. We've pushed their products and other companies products past the limits before without issue multiple times.

Despite their horrendous inconsistencies in quality control, victor has always had customer confidence in providing strong frames that can take high tensions reliably. Maybe they over reached, but the fact remains. Their new products ever since 2015 have continually failed to live up to the reputation they have built on that end. So is it truly so unreasonable that we're criticising them?

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Aventus, ucantseeme and s_mair like this.
  17. hm_andhika

I played about 1.5 hours and not satisfy with the result. I just didn't get the feel, smash was good but just an average for me. Drive just okay. I really want to switch it quickly to JPX LTD but i gave it sometimes and still not good enough.

Wet weight 85gr, head weight 39gr. I'm going to sell it tomorrow

18. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    You've clearly found your significant other in the JPX LTD hahahaha. You should start hoarding those.

19. hm_andhika

I already own 3 bro. :D
    In my opinion, JS10 is better than JS10Q in many ways.

20. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    3 isn't enough. I have 4 SW35, 3 MX80, and 4 BS12. 3 is never enough. Future proofing yo.