Jetspeed JS10 Q

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Praj, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Praj

Praj Regular Member

anyone tried this new Q version? If you have, what are the differences between it and JS10 S?

2. Praj

Praj Regular Member

anyone tried this new Q version? If you have, what are the differences between it and JS10 S?

3. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

From what we know yet, it's a different color scheme and they have dumped the Shark-Tec bumps on the frame. One could speculate if the "Q" might implicate that they have done something to improve the quality - esp. getting rid of the sinking hole issue that the previous JS10 was suffering.

I guess we will have to wait until the first reviews come in to get some valid info on that.

4. Praj

Praj Regular Member

cheers, looking forward to reading some reviews. it is already on sale here in UK so should hear about it soon enough.

5. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    i saw a number of these new frames when stringing at the World Championships in Glasgow.

As much as I am sponsored by Victor, I'll be honest. I saw some sinking holes in the new frame. I'm really unhappy about this. But, I thought it was important to give an honest answer because I wish BC members to understand that my integrity is important. Until WC, I had rarely seen a sunken grommet hole on a Victor racket. I have never seen one on any other range except Jetspeed and am at loss to understand why this issue has arisen, albeit when rackets are restrung at very high tensions.

I still love my Victor Jetspeed 12 racket. I restring mine to 28lbs and there are no signs of wear and it is restrung frequently. So there is something about the tension and possible how the racket is used.

Whilst this message may surprise one or two BC members, all I am doing is reporting my experience. Bear in mind I have been head stringer for Victor at 4 All Englands and 1 World Championships so I can speak with some authority as to the general quality of Victor rackets, which in my opinion is very high.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Aventus likes this.
  6. Praj

Praj Regular Member

Appreciate the comment Paul. Am considering the JS12S as an accompaniment to my JS10S. Love the JS10, but i think my technique for BH Clear and Smash are lacking so i dont generate enough power. Do you think the JS12 could help me in that sense being slightly more flexible?

paulstewart64 likes this.
  7. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    It has been an incredibly popular racket across Europe selling out numerous times since first release around 10 months ago. it is more forgiving and the head weight makes a huge difference to power shots you mention.

It may also help you to get coaching and have your technique checked out.

Paul

8. Praj

Praj Regular Member

Thanks Paul. Just watched your youtube video on 10vs12, Was really helpful.

paulstewart64 likes this.
  9. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Your local retailer should have the racket in stock. There are guys in my team, based in London where you can demo the racket.

Paul

10. Praj

Praj Regular Member

normally just use tennisnuts.com. JS S 12 for £150 - is that a fair price you think?

11. Praj

Praj Regular Member

that also included string + stringing

12. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    I haven't checked the price but Tennis Nuts are usually spot on with pricing. Whilst I don't know the team there, I hear good things about them.

Paul

13. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Winston's got the new "watermelon" JS-10, but I haven't seen it from any of my other usual suspects. Might put a(nother) call in to Ben...

14. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Highly appreciate your honesty Paul. Thumbs up.

The question remains: What is Victor intending to do to get rid of this issue? Apparently, they have already done some improvements on the newly colored JS12 so there should be a solution available.

15. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    I sincerely hope so. There's no saying when we will receive the new Jetspeed 12. Personally, I think Victor should have resolved this issue with the new colour Jetspeed 10 and then done the same with Jetspeed12. I really love the Victor brand and don't like seeing the reputation questioned because of issues like this which should not happen.

Paul

16. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I'm eyeing to pull the trigger on the JS10Q. After restring my JS10's I discovered that there is a line where they mold the frame. I guess the issue of the sunken holes is a sloppy wrapping of the carbon layers. I watched hours of racket productions and got an impression how rackets got produced, so I think this could be the cuprit.

I change yesterday all my grommets and looked properly at all holes. I use a sticker to string my racket evenly and alternate the side of the starting knot on every restring. The most disturbing is that one side look much worse than the other, which could be also a sign of uneven carbon wraping.

Victor don't replied to my e-maily yet. What a coincidence that after my e-mail to Victor Paul talk about the sunken issues, which was not existent on pro rackets for years.

At the moment I running my JS10's with strips and special grommets and change for every restring. My grommet costs are around 4-5€ for every restring. Can't see any worsening, but the costs of the material for a restring costs me atm the double price.

Aventus likes this.
  17. Praj

Praj Regular Member

had my JS10 for about 6 months now and not noticed any of the issues people are talking about, hope i have not spoken too soon. Only negative i have found on JS10 is higher tensions dont work for me. Sweet spot becomes almost impossible to find. I would really love a new JS10 but only difference would be for it to have the flex of JS12.

18. kaffars

kaffars Regular Member

Geologist
    I think the JS 06 is supposed to be similar spec to JS10 but with more flex.

19. Praj

Praj Regular Member

thanks, will have a look into that racket

20. Praj

Praj Regular Member

max tension for 06 is 24lbs - could that mean the racket structure is weaker and wont like being used for a lot of power strokes with a higher tension? i normally play either 25/26lbs.