Japan/China Open '06: why did taufik lose ?

Discussion in 'Japan Open / China Open 2006' started by baihaki_as, Oct 15, 2006.

1. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    LD usually does something on court actually sometimes to provoke the opponent especially when the opponent is a strong one.... sometimes he tries to frustates the opponents by just giving them a look full of hatred or something like that.... i've seen it before when he does that actually... but to be honest i am not sure whether that is to lift his fighting spirit or to provoke the opponent.... :)

2. sshuang90

sshuang90 Regular Member

haha, u r cute......

3. woodenRacket

woodenRacket Regular Member

Are you accusing organizers of HKO, CO, AE, WC or even JO etc whichever games that LD wins of unfair competition? Every linesman and umpire and the audience are on LD's side to help him with kinds of tricks so that LD wins the title?

Any concrete example or evidence for your accusation of "frustrating or offending" his opponent? Or LD is against any IBF rules? Otherwise, LD would be a god to win the games by just offending his opponent.:D

And I am fed up with this kind of cliche that "someone can beat anyone if he wants to". If he can, just simply win the game to prove. :cool: If he cannot, just keep mouth shut.

4. tjl_vanguard

Student
    hmmmm.... wad do u mean???? :)

5. woodenRacket

Now I understand where LD's "arrogance" come from. He should give his opponent a tender look full of love and care, as if saying " ok, man, easy, I come here only to entertain you not to beat you. Instead I am begging you to go ahead to beat me and humiliate me as much as you like and I am really looking forward to it." :cool: :cool: :D :D :D

6. tjl_vanguard

Student
    hmmm tat isnt exactly wad i meant though.... :) i was trying to say that maybe he is just trying to play a psychological game or something... perhaps the edge he is holding is his mental preparation compared to other players.... sometimes he can come back from the dead which some players cant....

7. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

People people... it's just his opinion ok? It's incredibly rude to call him pathetic on the basis that he has his own opinion which just happens to differ from yours.

I don't even see what's so outrageous about his post anyway. You might think it's wrong as your opinion differs. But his post is certainly not stupid and has some good points. It's up to you whether you agree or not but please... They're certainly not lame reasons, he is not pathetic, and I don't think he is really backing or "making excuses" for Taufik anyway. He's just making a point.

You're not making yourself sound any more credible by insulting others (I'm more speaking to "sickgal" here than silvia). If you feel you need to express your feelings by calling people "pathetic fans" then take it elsewhere.

#107 phaarix, Oct 16, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2006
  8. woodenRacket

probably he means what I mean :D :D

9. Bobatea

Bobatea Regular Member

Look, I'm not saying that people are favoring Lin Dan or that people use tricks to help Lin Dan win. Lin Dan wins and that's the end of the story. He has an amazing fighting spirit and talent that is shown to me by his ability to dive for shots and recover to get the next shot. He's fast and strong. People know he's probably the strongest, most consistent player now because his results do show it. They acknowledge his skill, as do I, but not many people like him because of his conduct. Concrete examples of him frustrating or offending his opponents are there, recently in his SF game against Peter Gade in the Japan Open. I already stated what happened somewhere in the forum.

Other players have expressed that Taufik can be the best if he wants to. Kenneth Jonassen expressed this, but him and everyone else also knows that he doesn't play well a lot of times. I admire Taufik's talent, but to me he lacks the will to fight a lot of times regardless of the situation he's in. Honestly, it's to the point where I never expect Taufik to win and really don't care anymore. I didn't pay attention to his QF game because I honestly thought he'd lose. I don't blindly support Taufik. I just love his backhand.

10. woodenRacket

Can you elaborate that? I don't know what happened in SF.

Don't get me wrong, I like LD, LCW, PG and other top players, as well as the TH before WC2005. After that TH is going down. I just dislike someone cannot accept the truth that TH is now not as good as before and always exert kinds of funny excuses for him, and always doubt LD's achievement. I agree that TH's net skill is better than LD, but LD is overall better than TH, at least for the present.

Some may consider LD's confidence a bit cocky. But we cannot request all players are of the same type of personality.

11. woodenRacket

Bobatea, I found your thread about LD and PG in SF. Tks.

12. IndoBOLEHH

IndoBOLEHH Regular Member

yeahhh totally agree with you...TH must learn a lot to be number one again..if not he's just a big damn loser..

13. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Exactly. From wat i heard, relationship btw Taufik, PG and LCW is quite close esp taufik and LCW. Last month Taufik was invited to a world chinese badminton championship held in Malaysia, and straight after that he went to play some badminton wif LCW :p. Wheareas LD solely doesnt hv any good relatioship wif players from other country, perhaps its because the lack of some proper on-court manners? :rolleyes:

14. Wildstone

Wildstone Regular Member

LD is too proud.

15. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    you seem like a bigger one :)

16. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    LinDan is not better than him in everything
    who knows Taufik can sing better than LinDan? lol
    anyway
    you cant assume whos better than who if you play games you will have losing experience. Taufik got weird perosnality and he shows it on court, he give LinDan alot of points like present but he managed to have a 11-0 lead against LinDan in one of the matches can find video on youtube search taufik hidayat and you see taufik 11 lindan 0

17. zspeed

zspeed Regular Member

Its the fasting month for muslims so maybe taufik lost because of an empty stomach ;)

18. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    ya totally agree with you

19. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

I think athletes might have an exception because Taufik still drinks water during matches. Muslims are not supposed to drink water until buka puasa. Taufik cant play if he is fasting.

20. Bobatea

Bobatea Regular Member

Yeah, regardless of how amazing Taufik was in the past, he's unfortunately just fallen behind... except that backhand of his :eek:. I wonder if that's one thing that helped create the relationship between him and Peter Gade :p Regardless of how much I would like Lin Dan to become a better guy, he never really falls behind. He'll lose once in a while, but end up winning the next time against that opponent and win a few more titles along the way.