Japan/China Open '06: why did taufik lose ?

Discussion in 'Japan Open / China Open 2006' started by baihaki_as, Oct 15, 2006.

1. youngstervan

youngstervan Regular Member

Taufik's A LOSER!

I'm a fan of both Lin Dan and Taufik but after watching them both in the final game, I am very DISAPPOINTED AND DISGUSTED at Taufik's arrogant attitude and non-gentleman after the match. He should have accepted his DEFEAT gracefully and be congratulatory to Lin Dan at the end of the match with a gentleman's handshake; instead he didn't!! What a JERK! Too bad for a talent that knows little about FAIR PLAY.

2. -wei-

-wei- Regular Member

It wasn't, because there were no bad line calls and Li Yongbo wasn't anywhere to be seen.
    TauQUIT the charming young lad, god bless him just didn't feel like playing.

3. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    But I thought the NSS is supposed to be less energy and stamina sapping. The match did not go over an hour. I think TH lost because he was mentally less strong than LD. It was both tragic and disgusting to see how TH played in the 3rd game.

4. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

I also noticed that TH smashes are are not as sharp. Personally I think that he is in form is just a hype and he might still has or obtain an injury. As you all know Asian games is coming and this few open will be treated as a preparations for the Asian games. I think player will tends to play safe to avoid any injury or make any injury worsen and any weakness or strength of the player will be kept secret.

And yes Lin Dan win because he is the better player, and yes TH give up.

Maybe TH is a player that choose which tournament he wants to give his best. Big event like Thomas cup, Olympic, WC and hopefully Asian games maybe ??

( TH just remind me of the great Jan Ove waldner of Table Tennis, :D :D :D table tennis legend that always has an excuse when he lost ... :D :D )

#84 Hitman71, Oct 15, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
  5. King_Smash

King_Smash Regular Member

conspiracy theory, may be right at 15:15, Taufik asked for a bigger share of the prize money;):mad::D

6. kontrabando

kontrabando Regular Member

IT Manager
    haha...funny thread...very entertaining...

7. KaSoon

KaSoon New Member

Consultancy Manager
    林丹战胜陶菲克不再是什么新闻,令人大跌眼镜的是,决胜局陶菲克只拿到了可怜的3分,这在两个超一流高手的对决中可并不多见。还有更令人叫绝的,在大比分落后眼看回天无术的情况下,陶菲克竟然破罐子破摔,选择了故意回球下网这样一种自杀的方式来结束这场梦魇般的比赛。

众所周知,陶菲克是一个天生的叛逆种子,他曾因言语不甚而与印尼羽协闹得不可开交,因话不投机和球迷大打出手,生活作风也不怎么检点,身边的女友是“旧的不去新的不来”,但这些都不足以抹煞他是一名伟大的羽毛球运动员,因为性格缺陷和个人问题与职业道德无关。

性格是天生的,竞技赛场上也从来不缺乏叛逆的天才,陶菲克有选择为人处世方式的权利,我们无权妄加评论。但作为一个职业运动员,不论你名气大小实力优劣,要有最起码的职业素养,因为你不仅是为自己打球,还要对得起自己的球队、国家和所有的观众。在这一方面,陶菲克着实不敢令人恭维。这一次的自杀求败已经不是什么新鲜事,陶菲克早有职业道德败坏的前科。

从2004年11月的新加坡公开赛开始,陶菲克就开始了孜孜不倦的“弃赛”、“罢赛”历程,理由也是堂而皇之,或为“身体不适”,或为“对裁判不满”。但稍微有点头脑的球迷都能看得出,他这是在逃避失败,欺骗观众。他的这些个龌龊事,矛头无一例外的对准了林丹。究其原因很简单,陶菲克心里很明白,当时的情况下十之八九会输给林丹,在世锦赛上羞辱林丹的心理优势就会消失殆尽。与其这样,莫不如主动放弃,丢掉了人格,保全了虚名。

用《疯狂的石头》中黑皮的一句台词来说:陶菲克,你这纯属道德问题,我都不隙说你。陶菲克屡屡触犯竞技体育的天条,不但严重地侮辱了观众的尊严,也低估了观众的智商。而反观林丹,在雅典奥运会上,在05年的世锦赛上,也曾面临被对手剃光头的窘境,但他何曾想过用这种小伎俩来全身而退。不比不知道,一比吓一跳,如果说两人的球技还不分上下的话,职业道德方面则有天壤之别,林丹天堂,陶菲克地狱。

所以我要说,陶菲克根本就不配做林丹的对手,不是因为球技,而是缘于道德。也千万不要再炒作什么“林陶大战”,这是对林丹的一种侮辱。

I got the above comment from a webiste. I could appreciated anyone can translate it in English.

8. ksooi

ksooi Regular Member

Entreprenuer

hahaha....so anyone that lost has no sportsmanship :confused: :confused: :confused:

9. ksooi

ksooi Regular Member

Entreprenuer
    taufik has shown us that he can still beat the top players....it is not easy to beat LCW and he seemed to easily beat him.....even LD has problems beating LCW.......

yes maybe he lost the plot in the 3rd set but that doesn't mean that he has bad sportsmanship.......i definitley have seen players with worst sportsmanship........

on his day, he is still a force to be reckon with ...period.....

who wouldn't want to watch taufik play....he still plays with a certain arrogance and gracefully in the court.....imo, there is no one as talented as him in MS for the moment....

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    lcw had beaten taufik easily too.

it seem this most talented player can't win and use excuses to back out match and games.

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    it is the way he lost.
    it is the way he congrats the winner after he lost:rolleyes:

12. Hugo

Hugo Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    I completely agree with Gillian Clark's comments towards the end of game 3.

Even in the beginning of game 3, Taufik put in his effort and did try, but just could not match LD's heavy injection of pace and speed and not before long the scoreline had reached a difference of 10 points. It was at around 13-3 or so when Taufik just basically gave up.

Really, this was due to LD heavily pressurizing his opponent and especially in a third game when players are already fatigued, thus causing TH to lose his resolve. In the end, LD just "broke" his opponent mentally and took away any winning hopes. Clearly, TH did want to win in JO (or else he would not have gotten past the likes of BCL or LCW), but also clearly LD is not just any "good" player.

So, sure, one can say that TH just gave in the 3rd game, but really that loss of hope and "throw-in of the towel" was caused by LD's superior play towards the end of 2nd game and all of the 3rd. I think LD's facial expression at the end showed that he was dissapointed with the fact that TH did not even put up a last fight in that one-sided deciding game.

13. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    I had people gave away the game to me before in club playing after they lose by a relatively large margin, and it is just very annoying how people can't even fight until the end.

It's not just an insult to your opponent, but it is more of an insult of yourself.

Question: Why Taufik lost?

Answer: 1. During the 3rd set, his mind was re-living the moments when we won the world championship against Lin Dan in 2005, and not realized that we are in the Japan open 2006.

2. Tried his best to aim for rolling net shots and on the line clear shots, hoping that will win him a few points, but luck was not on his side.

14. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

aiseh....

another pathetic fan who just cant accept the reasons as to why TH lost..ad still comin out with lots of lame reasons to back TH....no hope!

15. jermaine

jermaine Regular Member

student
    i think you got it wrong, both players are talented in their own unique ways but i think lin dan is certainly strong in certain areas where even the players are unable to verify or even know lin dan's weakness are,

by watching how he play, we can defintely tell that he doesnt really have any weakness and even making less than 5 unforced mistakes for each match.

that is incredible isnt it? for a 21-point match.

For this match and the Hongkong Open, he really has bad sportmanship and this, you cant really backed up to him no matter what.. we Bc members know what he did, and i must say that taufik's backhand is extraordinary where it comes to his smashes. too bad lin dan didnt give him a chance to use too much of his backhand.

16. silvia

silvia Regular Member

wow...hahhahahhaa...there will be always someone who dont want to accept the reality... just want to live in the past....

17. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

I watched the match again and from the what I saw, TH give up when it reach 13-3 if I'm not mistaken. Why, don't know.

TH might think that he can win, his style is exciting to watch (to some), he also has a lot of fan and supporters. (Well then again there are also a lot of people hated him and his supporter :rolleyes:).

Here's what really happen TH give up bcoz his back started to give him pain :crying: , he really dissapointed started to think to forfeit the match:rolleyes: , but then it would not be fair to the audiance :eek: , so he keep on playing up to the point where he just want to get over it quickly:( . :D :D :D Happy now :D

And for Lin Dan hardcore fans, look at him carefully and you will see, that he is not human. He is actually an alien from planet cryptodan and also known as Superdan. :D :D :D

18. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

Supporters are suppose to give excuses when their team lost, (although they don't really believe it), it is fun and enjoying, which also help the sport popularity. Sadly some poeple just can't accept that ...

19. Bobatea

Bobatea Regular Member

There is no point in bashing the players. Lin Dan and Taufik Hidayat both have their good and bad points. Lin Dan is a consistent, strong player with a strong will to win, but his personality and character are not the best. His arrogance was his weakpoint and caused him to lose in the first round in Athens 2004, and Taufik was just better and more focused during the WC2005 to beat Lin Dan rather easily. It would be better if Lin Dan would show that he wins fair and square like Peter Gade or Lee Chong Wei. No one really likes Lin Dan and no "respect" towards Lin Dan is shown during any of the matches I've seen. Lin Dan always seems to do something to frustrate or offend his opponents. That usually stands out more than his talent and makes people question whether or not he's winning through a "mind game" rather than pure talent.

Taufik is a good player and instead of giving up should have continued to try and beat Lin Dan and "humiliate" him by winning. No one can question Taufik's ability and everyone should know that he has the ability to beat anyone when he wants to. Taufik should know that there are people like Lin Dan in every sport. As a professional player, he should know how to fight and has encountered players like Lin Dan before, but it seems like there's a slightly "deeper" disgust towards Lin Dan. But without him showing his ability to fight, it doesn't look good towards him. I believe he was also a little arrogant during the WC2006 (which should not be the WC in my opinion...) and that caused him to lose against Chen Hong. I believe he knew that he had a good record against Chen Hong, but each encounter can be different and the rally point system really changes things.

I'll bring in Tony and Candra again because they are a great example. They use no "mind game" and always show respect towards their opponents. They are a perfect example of showing you're winning through pure talent. Humble and the best makes them a very lovable, respected pair. If only players like Lin Dan could learn how to be humble and lovable and respected by all from Tony and Candra, and if only Taufik could learn how to never give up from Tony and Candra. Yeah, I see Tony and Candra as gods :eek:

20. Green72(CAN)

Green72(CAN) Regular Member

I'm just wondering how exactly Lin Dan annoys or frustrates other players. Is it a psychological thing or are the other players frustrated by his skill or resilience?