Japan/China Open '06: why did taufik lose ?

Discussion in 'Japan Open / China Open 2006' started by baihaki_as, Oct 15, 2006.

1. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

thats why... things happen at the times when we least expected it..every1 thought LD n TH match should be a great match to be watched..even the commentator repeated it for zillion times... but somehow...things dont go according to the plan... too badd...

2. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    yeah.. now everyone + the commentators will say LD vs LCW should be a great match to be watched (they are :p )...then I hope this will go according to plan :D

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

hmm, IMO, it goes "deeper" than the statement i've highlighted in bold. I mean, he didn't fight all the way to the Final to meet LinDan, then "unwillingly" forced a rubber set for him to "suddenly" give up, did he??..Did you see any distinct body language from Taufik at end of 2nd set and beginning of 3rd set. I mean, "just giving away the 3rd set", do you think that's the attitude of a WC & OC??..:confused: :rolleyes: :p ;)

#63 ctjcad, Oct 15, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
  4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..hmm, if that was actually said, then that's not a surprise & expected..;)

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Exactly. All this bashing of LD because of his arrogant but provided no proofs from the taufik fans. Reality, it is the opposite, taufik court behavior leave something to be desired. If taufik really dislike LD, why doesnt he try extra hard to beat LD instead of giving up ? If LD is so arrogant, why IBF (BWF) had penalized taufik and not LD? Of all those 'bad things':rolleyes: LD did to peter gade, taufik, lcw, blah blah blah, why didnt danish badmintion Association, BAM, pbsi complained to the IBF(BWF)? It has been written here that chinese team/LYB/LD and even XXF respected taufik, why taufik and taufik fans see the opposite? Taufik throw away his 3 set and lost, did LD pull shirt over his head or fall to the court and dance?? No, LD got a cold fish handshake. Who is respecting who here? According to taufik fans, Taufik's no respect to LD is good sportmanship but LD's action (whatever that is:confused: :rolleyes: ) is arrogant and poor sportsmansip. I really dont understand the die hard taufik fan's logic at all.

#65 cooler, Oct 15, 2006
  6. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    let me guess, thats b/c TH did not win the game?

seeing how LD didn't do his nude dance, TH really pissed him bad on giving up the 3rd set

now who is being arrogant now? :)

i'd rather see a dead TH on court exhausted at the end of 3rd set than seeing a TH that hit the shuttle to the net or off the court

at least he would have earn my respect

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    One more other 'technical' point:

Many taufik fans here have said taufik is not adapting to the NSS, too fast, too short, that's why taufik can't win under the NSS. This is all BS IMO. If taufik's stamina is degrading with time, what hope in hell does he has to win under OSS which drags on even longer than the NSS? So taufik fans, please don't say taufik lost because of the NSS because the shorter duration of NSS favors the less fit taufik.

Look at tony g and candra W, they finish off their opponents in a almost record time, true champions they are. Why can't taufik do that if he soooo superior?

#67 cooler, Oct 15, 2006
  8. s239rt

s239rt Regular Member

Aside from sportmanship, let me, in my humble opinion, comment on the game itself. (BUT, TH is WRONG to throw away the 3rd SET!!!)
    I want to discuss a little more about the actual game itself. I am a big fan of LD first of all, and the chinese team(guess I am a chinese haha anyways). But so serious, I was watching it LIVE on the web broadcast, for the 1st and til 2nd half of the game, DAMN, I am like "oh man, can't believe there is REALLY that a gap of LEVEL difference between LD and TH." Don't get me wrong, I mean TH WAS really out playing LD for a while. LD, normally with a lot of confidence through out any games, was like FRUSTRATED... til like 2nd half game. I mean just an obvious PROOF that normally he will shout or do some LITTLE show or what not after a good shots, smash etc. There weren't any. HIS eyes looked like..., as in chinese "no fire". like wasn't motivated. But honestly, with exception of a number of net mistakes(which is not his strong part anyways), he was Playing in FORM... I was able to sense him that for the FIRST time, he simply didn't KNOW what to do to beat TH. But again, here is where LD is the #1 in the world. I have to say BY FAR the best fighting spirit over other players, and able to somehow, as seen a lot of times, like a turbo for cars, TURN himself into EXTRA mode to perform something EXTRA... with the later points of the 2nd game, couldn't remember which pt exactly, but there WAS one shot, ONE shot, that from that pt on, he KNEW what to do. It would be a good fight to see him in his EXTRA mode in the 3rd set vs a say 1st GAME's TH...... But man, stamina or spirit you may all say, that caused TH's poorly performance.

**But to my suprise, TH was outplaying LD, CLEARLY, like I meant tactic wise(aside mistakes), deceptions...** Kinda remind me of Zhao Jian Wa... but again, no one can come CLOSE to this legend. I just gonna say TH kinda remind me of him. (again, just my humble opinion, don't FLAME me! haha) Thanks.

9. deca2000

deca2000 Regular Member

I am sorry but I am really fed up with this "if he wants it, he will win it" stuff. It is just make it so easy to come up with an execuse. Yeah, he lost, so what? He's still the best player in the world. He just did not want it this time. Face it. With his current form, he will lose against Lin Dan no matter whether he wants it or not.

10. s239rt

s239rt Regular Member

can't be MORE agree with you hahaha. yes, FED UP with that.

11. black_knight006

black_knight006 Regular Member

Work at a pro-shop
    Careful man, them's fightin' words:eek: We both know that if both are on their "A" game it can go either way. Depends on which way the wind blows. And we both know that Lin Dan is not exactly the poster boy of badminton. Taufik on the other hand is interesting to watch because you never know what Taufik is going to show up. When he's great, he's AMAZING; if he's having a bad day, then all you little wankers get pissed beyond compare and start complaining to us about it. Taufik will always be unpredictable. If your afraid of spending money on a final that he is in because you don't know if he's going to play well, then don't go.

12. black_knight006

Work at a pro-shop
    Careful man, them's fightin' words:eek: We both know that if both are on their "A" game it can go either way. Depends on which way the wind blows. And we both know that Lin Dan is not exactly the poster boy of badminton. Taufik on the other hand is interesting to watch because you never know what Taufik is going to show up. When he's great, he's AMAZING; if he's having a bad day, then all you little wankers get pissed beyond compare and start complaining to us about it. Taufik will always be unpredictable. If your afraid of spending money on a final that he is in because you don't know if he's going to play well, then don't go.

13. chikkubhai

chikkubhai Regular Member

TH COULD HAVE ATLEAST TRIED A LOT HARDER IN THE SECOND SET TO WIN THE WHOLE MATCH IF HE ALREADY KNEW HES READY TO LOOSE NEXT SET...

Ex. TG and WC did a great job finishing the games in less than half hour with FULL ENERGY, POWER and FINESSE ofcourse.

14. black_knight006

Work at a pro-shop
    I think it would be more appropriate to say that if he wants it he CAN win it, not that he will win it. Nobody should make an excuse for someone saying that "oh, they just didn't want it bad enough" because its just bull crap. If anyone, not just Taufik, wants something badly they will obviously try harder, so really if anyone wants it badly enough they CAN win it, not necessarily WILL win it. Its just stupid to say that. But enough of that. As for comments on the game, I have to agree that TH simply outplayed Lin Dan. As a tactician TH is superior, as for fitness and speed, that is all that Lin Dan has over him. They both have great smashes, TH owns him at the net, and LIN Dan has better mental stamina. Honestly...I don't think you can say which player is better...they both are amazing players, I have my favourite, others have theirs, but I don't think you can say that any one player is really better. Because at the end of the day, either of them can beat the other.

15. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

For once i thought that Taufik will win for sure as he was outplaying Lin Dan until 15-15 of the 2nd game. Taufik's skills are superior, especially his net play but i find his smashes not as sharp as before. Last time he was known for his sharp and deadly smashes too besides his backhand and net skills. I think Taufik lacks of fitness, stamina, speed and the power he used to have when he was at peak. Maybe his back injury has something to do with his smash qualities now.

Lin Dan is now on top of the others in terms of fitness, focus, speed, fighting spirit, mental toughness and of course his smashes. He deserves to be the world no. 1.

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

You hit it right on the nail, again..

hehe, for the comment "that his smashes not as sharp as before", i think you've just given the reason, as highlighted in bold ;)

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

So, after another embarrassing & pathetic performance by Taufik, now what??..

...i'm curious, what will LinDan's attitude be like the next time Taufik offer a "challenge" to him??...Especially after Taufik "supposedly" said this and that and will look fw and be ready to play LinDan again, after LD won the WC..:rolleyes: :p

Now, i wonder, what kind of attitude will LD have??..And whether LD will have anymore "respect" for Taufik??..I just wonder, how will he approach the match the next time he and Taufik meet again??..Will LD go all out and prove to Taufik, who's the boss?? Or should he just relax and not take Taufik seriously, just because Taufik tanked in the 3rd game??..:confused: :rolleyes: :p ;)

18. -wei-

-wei- Regular Member

Lin Dan isn't going to be able to motivate himself to play Taufik anymore.
    Think about this...
    When Taufik was out of form and knew he couldn't beat Lin Dan he walked out, otherwise why not play on and beat Lin Dan to prove a point.
    When Taufik was in form he realised that Lin Dan is playing well and so he still couldn't win, but didn't have any excuses to walk out so he stopped playing as if to say "you can't beat me when I play seriously".
    Let's face it, Lin Dan will never be able to beat Taufik, because taufik will not let him.
    We will just have to accept that Taufik can walk out or stop playing when he wants as he is his own man.
    So there's no point in watching any finals with Taufik in it, unless they let him win.
    With all the Lin Dan and LCW finals recently, if LCW were to walk out or stop playing everytime he thought he couldn't win then he might as well not turn up.

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

hm, i was wondering abt the statement i've highlighted in bold, whether the thought of walking out was a possibility for Taufik in the 3rd set..

BTW, we still haven't heard from Taufik's "unofficial" and one(or two) of his ardent fan(s) in the BC/BF, indra and kemana..After yet another disappointing performance, almost a dud in the 3rd set, this time in the much hyped and anticipated Final..:rolleyes: :p ;) :)

#79 ctjcad, Oct 15, 2006
  20. deca2000

deca2000 Regular Member

Hehe, is this statement (if he wants it he CAN win it) applicable to almost everybody? I mean, I receive mails from time to time telling me that I may just win $1,000,000. Though the possibility is very very very low, I can't say that claim is not true, can I? :D