Japan/China Open '06: why did taufik lose ?

Discussion in 'Japan Open / China Open 2006' started by baihaki_as, Oct 15, 2006.

1. jermaine

jermaine Regular Member

student
    that is only the true spirit of NUMBER 1:D
    if not, how come he can hold his position for that long..
    wonder if lin dan will to do what taufik did, purposely giving it up, i think lin dan would be condemned and suspended by the chinese coach.:p

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    if u say LD is not a sociable badminton player, i can show you 1000 non sociable badminton players. Friendship form when things click. So If LD is not fren of taufik then it is LD bad manner and not TH bad manner?? TH likes PG and LCW maybe for reasons u don't know:rolleyes:

3. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

But indeed it seems LD shows little respect to his opponents on court... Same goes with Cai/Fu... Their behaviors seem to say "hey! you are nothing! I can beat you hands down! See, there you are looking for the birdie on the ground again, hahaha!". There are ppl with killing looks on court, say WCH. But I won't feel offended by his looks, because his looks are pure, showing his total concentration, and without a tiny bit of humiliation there.

4. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    How do you consider a look being disrepectful, and a look being total concentration? That's just pure personal perception.

Ever heard of the saying "Don't judge something by appearance"? How do you know what they feel in hearts?

Unless you are a behaviour psychologist, don't make assumption on people's behaviour and accuse someone for being a jerk.

#124 bananaboy, Oct 17, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I just thought abt this...uhhmm..

..looking back at the JO and Taufik being able to reach the Final, i just wonder now, if his lack of stamina had anything to do with his lost(hehe, it seems like now i'm questioning my own "theory" on why Taufik lost).:rolleyes: :eek: :p .
    Because think abt this, if he indeed lacked stamina/not being in shape, could he possibly reach the Finals and still able to push for a 3rd set??..I know in the JO he played (2) 3-setters prior to him reaching the Final(against BCL and a Japanese guy), yet he was able to overcome them...:rolleyes:

Or maybe, he did lacked/lost his stamina towards the end, esp. once he faced a totally different player as diligent, persistent and most importantly much more fit than him in LinDan?!?!...:rolleyes: :p ;):D

6. IndoBOLEHH

IndoBOLEHH Regular Member

Lost is Lost....there's no excuse.....TH should accept the fact that LD was better than him in JO

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Not only in Japan Open...

..hmm, actually LD *has been* better than Taufik ever since the Thomas Cup event...What was Taufik's record, head to head against LinDan, ever since he won against him in last yr's WC??..hehe..:confused: :rolleyes: :p ;)

#127 ctjcad, Oct 17, 2006
  8. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    IMO, lots of people can accept it (including TH) ;)

9. IndoBOLEHH

hahahahah....but some don't...that's there's WTL in the other thread....

10. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

Yap, i think he can accept it. And all the fans too.I don't think the fans here are looking for excuses, they are just stating that Taufik isn't good as before and find the reasons why he lost.

Here i pasted one small part of the news from Nanyang Sit Poh:
    http://www.nanyang.com/index.php?ch=167&pg=784&ac=658949

道菲昨天抵达广州,在酒店大堂等待房间安排时与领队有说有笑,似乎并没有受到输球的影响。

道菲坦言,经过一天的奔波后确实有点累,被问到是否有信心在中国队的主场把林丹“干掉”时,他少有地露出了腼腆的笑容,不断地给林丹“戴高帽”:“林丹是世界上最优秀的羽毛球选手,我不算什么啦。”

Translation:

Taufik arrived at Guangzhou yesterday. He chatted and shared jokes with the team manager while waiting for the room arrangement in the hotel lounge. It seems that his mood isn't affected by his loss.

Taufik admitted to be a bit tired after one day journey. When he was asked if he had the confidence to beat Lin Dan in Lin Dan's homeground, Taufik smiled
    shyly and praised Lin Dan:'' Lin Dan is the best badminton player in the world, i am nothing lar.''

Sorry for my lousy translation. Actually i am bad at translation and hate to translate.

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..hahaha, another classic Taufik remark...:rolleyes: :p :D ;)
    BTW, thanks, Malaysianfan for sharing the report..;)

12. viver

viver Regular Member

I think he just hated this 21x3 system that makes it almost impossible for him to fight back once behind a few points... :D:D:D;) :confused:

13. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Of course that is pure personal perception. But it's this personal perception, not the real intention, that matters. If I play someone with behaviors like LD or Cai/Fu, I would feel uneasy or even angry. But if I play someone with WCH look, I won't feel bad -- it's possible that this guy in fact thinks I am nothing, but it's OK with me as long as he doesn't show this feeling on court.

I am not saying LD is a bad guy. It's just his on court behavior is sometimes annoying, if I imagine I were the guy across the net.

14. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    :D:D:D funny... last time I checked, Taufik came back in the first set against LCW from 14-17 to winning 21-17 in Japan Open 2006. :eek::eek::confused:

15. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

He would have no energy to even walk around after one game if the JO final is in the 15 pts format. :D

16. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    Aren't you suppose to focus on the shuttle most of the time? You should only look at your opponent's face when you are playing against XXF... and yes, keep your eyes to the face and not lower!!!:p

#136 bananaboy, Oct 17, 2006
  17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i bet LD hates the 21x3 too if he was behind, not just TH. The solution is don't get behind. LD gave TH the first game by playing reactively than proactively. TH had the chance to wrap up the 2nd game but he didn't. Why? Coz LD no longer afraid of TH. It was TH persona that hampered LD encounter with TH in the early days.

#137 cooler, Oct 17, 2006
  18. IndoBOLEHH

seems this WTL thread will come to no end...why do some people tend to hate/not accept their fave player is lost ? They act like TH's spokesmen. Did TH himself talk to you guys why he was lost to LD in JO? Everybody can be lost to other players. Because It's just a game. Even the Chinese pride, Cai/Fu lost to reunion pair TG/CD...lost is lost...and win is win...so in my opinion this thread should be closed. if not..I think we should establish a new thread "Why Cai/Fu lost"......:)

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

...(sigh)hehe, now, now, don't give any other thread ideas...:p ;) :) ..

20. Bobatea

Bobatea Regular Member

Yeah, I've never shown Lin Dan really show any respect. The little respect he shows is usually for a shot that rolled over the net, but then most people don't seem to accept it after a while because of something else. But Cai/Fu are one of the few Chinese people I like. Granted they do seem to lack respect, and during the Japan Open QF against the MAL pair I think Fu was fed up with the Malaysian fans(there were no Chinese supporters that I could hear) and decided to do a trick shot return that left the MAL pair with nothing to do and Fu just pointed up into the air and looked at the MAL fans with a look of, "See that?". But watching their matches at the Copenhagen Masters 2005 against INA and Tony and Howard, they all seemed to have fun and joke around. Gao Ling is also a great player to watch. Always laughing and smiling. That's how badminton should be played :)