BC gathering at the Singapore Open 2004

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2004' started by kwun, Nov 2, 2004.

?

will you be attending the Singapore Open live?

Poll closed Nov 15, 2004.
  1. I will be there during finals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I will be there during semi-final

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I will be there during quarter-finals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I will be there during earlier rounds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I will not be attending the Singapore Open

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Welcome "Pink Panther"! We very much look forward to seeing you. :p Remember your countrymen, esp the ladies, will be competing and maybe you can make some arrangement with them. You may even be able to convince your bosses about covering the Finals, if Taufik Hidayat or Candra & Sigit are appearing, and earn a free trip! ;)

Be seeing you at least during the Finals, which starts at 1 pm. You may be able to fly in during the morning and leave at night and still be back in Jakarta the same day. :)

2. Chesire Cat

Chesire Cat Regular Member

Journalist at The Jakarta Post
    Pink Panther??? hmm..cool name :D
    I see what I can do *fingers crossed*

3. Kai91

Kai91 Regular Member

Student
    ok...i got my tickets for the whole game... But i am only 13... am i able to join you guys?? hopefully i am... and i will be attending alone...

4. Lobber

Lobber Regular Member

same here,me also 13.
    I dunno anyone here,so is there a way i can locate you all?

5. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Of course! You are most welcome! Bring along your favourite mobile musical instrument to create some marvellous noise. :D

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    You can call me on my handphone when you're there at the SIS. We are still in the midst of planning the details like where to meet in advance and what sort of identification we should present inside the stadium. I'm still waiting for more feedback and confirmation of attendance.

Look out for more details. :)

7. Kai91

Kai91 Regular Member

Student
    Lol.... i dunno how to play musical instrument... :crying: well... but i hope u guys can make some noises for us to "appreciate"

8. Fook90

Fook90 Regular Member

Student
    I hope I can spot you guys when I am there. I will be there everyday but I won't stay till too late. I remember last year the earlier rounds stretched till three thirty in the morning. Just curious, is anyone planning to stay that long ?

Loh,

I got something to ask you. Are you the one who brought along the big camera for the Asian Satellite ?

9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    How about a small handy whistle which you can blow and create a beautiful sound! :D

10. Fook90

Fook90 Regular Member

Student
    I just wonder where could we get these drums which the Malaysian or Indonesian supporters use ? During last year's semi-finals, there was a Malaysian crowd which were using them and creating lots of noise.

They also brought along a Malaysian flag. I wonder where I can get one or an Indonesian flag in Singapore ? :confused:

11. tama-aki

tama-aki Regular Member

Grad student
    Yeah, there will be some TV coverage for news etc etc. But such prestigious event in Singapore isn't anything big on tv too. Still news on soccer from Europe dominates the news :(

No match will be shown live on tv. There's no such history in Singapore, at least not during my living here for years. None in free-to-air channels, not even after paying sports channel on cable tv :(

Aki

12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I'm sure the organisers must have learned their lesson and not allow the big mistake to repeat. Being a diehard, I'll most probably stay till the end but for those who travel by public transport they need to watch the time.

Well I did bring my then newly-acquired Nikon digital camera to capture as many players' faces as possible. And I have posted some pictures of myself in this Forum before.

For the benefit of those who may have missed my face, I post a pic again with our young friend from Malaysia, ants, who unfortunately will not be able to join us as he said he will have to attend his good friend's wedding as best man in the Philippines.

I think we need to know how kwun and Janet look like and perhaps he could oblige by posting their long-awaited "wedding photo" here for the first time. :D

Attached Files:

13. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    As I have suggested earlier, during the National Day celebrations at the National Stadium, the goodie bag included some noise making gadgets like the hand drum with a stick to hit on it, rattlers which you can whirl round and round, a sealed coca cola can with sand in it, etc. They can produce delightful sounds. At one of the Malaysian Opens, I was given a can which was ingeniously converted into a horn which can be blown to create a loud sound in different notes, depending on the artistry of the blower. If only some of you can make this horn, which has two compartments, one for a rubber-like membrane sealed at one end and the other for a hole (mouthpiece) to blow into, and bring it along. :rolleyes:

At the last Singapore Open, many plastic hand-held flags were given out at the door. I still have the national flags of China, Denmark, Indonesia, Malaysia, South Korea and Singapore. I hope they continue to give these out as freebies so that we can wave them wildly. :D

14. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Yes, I just thought this fun-loving member of the feline family might just be as cool and collected as your Cheshire Cat! And its got a lovely pink colour to match! :D Hope you know the tune of PP too! It is just plain lively and zappy and full of suspense! :cool:

15. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    Alright guys.

After lots of thinking, I decided to save the SGD$1000 which would have been used for the trip in airtickets / accomodation / food etc etc, since I'm moving to Australia.

So, anyways I'll catch it on TV and msg you guys when I see your faces on TV. Get a banner in. I'm sure you guys will get the camera's attention.

All the best.

Btw part of the SGD$1000 is going to be used by me to get a stringing machine in australia. Once that machine helps me recoup I'll be sure to fly down in the near future. :D :D

Enjoy the event.
    Happy Honeymoon Kwun and Janet

#75 FEND., Nov 7, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2004
  16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Oh, FEND., we'll be missing you. :crying:
    Do keep us informed about your impending trip to the Land of Oz. Going there for further studies only or to settle and become Australia citizens?

17. jump_smash

jump_smash Regular Member

IT
    Any idea where?

18. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    Perth, WA :D

And to Loh : Yep for further studies and also to settle down since we're applying to get a PR status there. Almost got it just have to finish the requirements :D.

19. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Now at least we will have a reason to go to Perth ( which I've never been to although it is nearer than Sydney and Melbourne). More so with the new budget airlines competiting for business.

20. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Take a Singapore flag, and colour the moon and the stars red. Or get a Polish flag. Or get a really huge US or Malaysian flag, and cut a red and white strip from it.

The drums? Could that be the kompang?