BC gathering at the Singapore Open 2004

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2004' started by kwun, Nov 2, 2004.

?

will you be attending the Singapore Open live?

Poll closed Nov 15, 2004.
  1. I will be there during finals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I will be there during semi-final

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I will be there during quarter-finals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I will be there during earlier rounds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I will not be attending the Singapore Open

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. labyrinthian

labyrinthian Regular Member

Hi Kwun, do u have any pics of ur shirt? btw, I would like to join u guys for the gathering, will be there for most of the matches... and my ticket is north entrance too... Hope to see some of u there!! :D

2. zzaarr

zzaarr Regular Member

Attached are some pics from last year open:)

Attached Files:

3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    The 3 season tickets I have on hand (for Kong-19 and explorer123) are meant for the North entrance. I have still not collected some more tickets yet. But it is free seating for all, so we can go earlier to reserve or block out our seats by using our bags, programs, etc, etc., the more of us showing up earlier the better.

It is therefore very useful to know in advance how many will be able to make it on the five days from 17 - 21 Nov, so that we can plan the time and place to meet before entering the stadium and choosing a strategic location for the group.

For general information, you can contact me on my handphone 91790791, esp when you are late and try to locate our group in the SIS. ;)

4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Hi zzaarr,

Nice pictures you've got there, particularly of JR. Can you suggest a good place in the SIS for our group to be located, bearing in mind that we have to be clearly visible to the TV cameras for them to shoot us if we are good enough for them! :D You bet we will be cheering very loudly for JR and his partner Lars! :p

Don't forget to bring your camera again, although the 'no flash' rule will surely apply. Can we count you in the BC group? :)

5. Arcos

Arcos Regular Member

* No Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is allowed for this event !

extracted from sistic website. no photography for this event? :confused:

6. Lobber

Lobber Regular Member

i might be going for Tue and Sun,will PM loh to comfirm

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    is that true? i have seen at least the pics from ZZaarr, i think from others as well.

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    PoseidonLee, can you help coordinate with the ebadminton group? grab WuKong and the rest of the gang as well. cheers.

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    thansk for the pics!

there are so many empty seats! i see many ppl chose to sit far up at the second level. would be nice if BC'ers can gather a small section at the level closest to the court.

and make LOTS of noise. :)

10. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    That would be the hard task eh?

11. zzaarr

zzaarr Regular Member

If you want to appear on TV, need to sit in the first few rows right behind the competion court in the center location.
    Usually these seats will be reserved by the organisers for their cheers leaders group, unless Loh can make some arrangement with the organisers to reserve those seat:)
    I find that these seats are a bit too close to the court to get a good view of the action, hence sit somewhere in the center location and a few row at the higher platform actually gives a better bird-eye view of the play. Of cause sitting further back cannot see the players face clearly:)

A note, kwan those empty seats on the opposite side are reserved for VIP, officials and players, unless BCer can get a special pass (maybe with the help from JR *hint hint* we can seat over the other side then will get the "perfect" view of the game.

#51 zzaarr, Nov 5, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2004
  12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I think you are spot on. Can you be our coordinator for identifying the 'best' location for our BC group for at least the semis and the finals so that we can meet earlier and block off the seats before others. You seem to have a good understanding of the SIS layout and where the cameramen will be located. :)

I think photography should be allowed but no flash which can destract the players.

Yah, PoseidonLee can influence his gang to join us in the cheering. If possible, please bring along your noise making machines and dress in dashing & smashing colours. As I recall Black seems to be your favourite. :D

FEND, I hope your case is settled. Buying the admission ticket from the SIS Sistic counter should be no problem on the day of the matches. Hope you can watch the QF as well as it starts at 3 pm. Do come in fancy hat and dress and with your 'muscial' instrument! :)

13. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Loh, my case hasn't been settled yet as I'm not confirmed yet. Even if I am the earlierst I can make it is the Semis and the Finals. The problem in this respect is that my paper finishes at 5.30 on the 19th of November. And the earliest flight is 7.30 out of Brunei to singapore at night on the same day.

As I'm still not confirmed yet, I cannot make any commitments yet. It is still at 50% chance that I might not go.

Hopefully the other 50% will work it's charm this time around :)

14. Chesire Cat

Chesire Cat Regular Member

Journalist at The Jakarta Post
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!! I am sooo sad!

SOBS :crying: ( WAAAAAAAAAH :crying: ( I can't stop crying all day seeing yuo guys preparing to watch Singapore Open SOBS SOBS

Too bad I can't go...damn...SOBS

Well I can't go to Singapore on assignment or even with my own money because it's my editor is taking leave (Idul Fitri holiday) until from 10th to 20th of November and I have to stay to take charge of editing stories WAAAAAHHH :crying: (

SAD...sobs sobs...

On Nov 24, I will be transferred to national desk...but I have begged my editor (sports editor) to "borrow" me from the national desk to cover Indonesia Open SOBS SOBS...fingers crossed

#54 Chesire Cat, Nov 6, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2004
  15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Eva, no worries, the Singapore Open ends on the 21st. a flight from INA to Singapore is only an hour the most. you can come join us for the finals!

look forward to seeing you. :D

16. Chesire Cat

Chesire Cat Regular Member

Journalist at The Jakarta Post
    Hi Kwun

Great Idea! yes you're right it only takes one hour from jakarta to singapore by plane...so maybe i can come ....fingers crossed

17. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    ah. no wonder they are so empty! what a waste of good seats!

i found during the SC that the best seatings for a badminton match is at the rear corner, right behind the baseline linesman, perferably slightly high up. best perspective of the whole court. the traditional rear camera view isn't very good.

back to the SO. not sure if getting on camera constantly is a high priority. wouldn't mind if the pan to us when we are screaming loudly. i have noticed that the cameramen always zooms in on cute girls, so that's rules me out! ;)

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    quick. get accreditation while you are at it. the deadline is monday 8th. doesn't hurt. i applied but i am not sure if they'd give me one coz i don't have an AIPS membership.

19. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

ARGH!!

STILL HAVEN't GOT THE GREEN LIGHT!!!! :crying: :crying:

20. zzaarr

zzaarr Regular Member

Hi Loh, unfortunately I can't take up the offer :crying: as my timing will be irregular, if I can be there early will try to "chop" (reserved) some seats.

Pls note we also cannot hold on to the seats for too long as there will be ushers in the SIS to "clear" those "chop" seats if the people still don't turn up for some period.