BC gathering at the Singapore Open 2004

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2004' started by kwun, Nov 2, 2004.

?

will you be attending the Singapore Open live?

Poll closed Nov 15, 2004.
  1. I will be there during finals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I will be there during semi-final

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I will be there during quarter-finals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I will be there during earlier rounds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I will not be attending the Singapore Open

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Oh man! I wont be able to join you guys during the Spore open!!! Have to attend my friend's wedding in the Philippines! I'm the best man! Gosh!..
    Anyway i will be in Spore around 11th until the 13th of this month.

AHH!!!!! I can't believe it!

2. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    ermmm.

*cough* *cough*

Loh, I think I can make it this time :D. Seriously I brought it up with my mom and a friend of mine, she says I can go :D. Any tickets still available? 2 tickets. How much do they cost each?? IF there are tickets, I'll be flying down right after my chem paper with a friend on the 19th of November evening flight and leaving on Monday the 22nd.

Still anymore tickets? I hope you still have em!!

3. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Check out www.sistic.com.sg and look for the Singapore Open event. But you need a credit card to purchase the tickets. There are plenty of tickets left. You can pick up the tickets at the stadium. Alternatively, anyone here in Singapore (like me) can help purchase the tickets.

4. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Very ambitious, Loh!! Unfortunately, I am not artistic enough to do any of the things except (5) a BF.com badminton session. Does the website have some T-shirts or something? We can all buy the T-shirts from kwun, then all wear the same T-shirts and sit together, and make a lot of noise.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Loh's the man!

we need volunteers who'll get to the stadium early! it won't be a problem for QF/SF, finals maybe more crowded?

yes, i think we need to start some loud cheering. if i recall correctly from last year's video, the audience are way too quiet, we need more atmosphere!

did they have thunder sticks last year? if not, we can bring along old shuttle tubes and bang them together. the louder the better!

i like all of Loh's idea. getting a game would be nice too. i know the singapore badminton hall is close by, do they have courts for rent?

let's give Loh a hand and throw in some ideas and support!

also if you have been there last year, give us an idea how things are setup so we can plan accordingly.

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yes! how can i forget? i still have around 150 BC t-shirts i have been wanting to sell but never got round to it. this will be a great time to do it. i can deliver them to the stadium. they will be US$10 each. i will post a separate thread on this.

7. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

What sizes of shirts do you have :confused:

8. Bieffe

Bieffe Regular Member

Engineer
    So the Singapore Soloso is not playing ya?

And this event is not shown on TV i suppose.

9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Hi FEND

What a surprise! Obviously you make a great diplomat being able to persuade your mom despite all the obstacles you've mentioned. Your mom must have also considered the SO as a reward for your expected good results for your 'O' Levels and the impending migration to Down Under, which is farther away. :)

I've PM you on the tickets and now await your reply. Hope you have arranged for flights and accommodation. We're all looking forward to seeing you and your friend!

I think there is no fear of not being able to get tickets as the SIS is a big stadium and as far as I can recall, it has never been filled to the brim! There is also a Sistic (ticket sales) outlet at the SIS itself, near to right end of the building, beside the escalator.

I was hoping that you can watch the quarter-finals as well if you can arrive on Friday, 19 Nov, in time for the matches, starting at 3 pm. For those who are attending, a reminder of the dates and times are as follows (can be obtained at the Aviva website although I contacted the SBA for the info):

Mon 15 - No matches.
    Tue 16 - Qualifying Rounds, 9 am; 2 pm.
    Wed 17 - 9 am; 1.30 pm; 6 pm.
    Thu 18 - 9 am; 1.30 pm; 6 pm.
    Fri 19 - Quarter Finals 3 pm.
    Sat 20 - Semi-Finals 2 pm.
    Sun 21 - Finals 1 pm.

Do note the earlier times for QF. SF and F. Will continue to keep in touch.

10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Han,

Thank you in advance for your generous offer on behalf of all BFers who will show up at the Singapore Open.

Be prepared to break your bank account but please don't set too difficult conditions like we have to appear on TV before we are eligible for your tape or disc. Much as we like our faces and the BF name to be telecast live, we need to do a lot to attract the attention of the cameras as you can understand.

So guys, if you want a sample of Han's great work, please chip in. stay together as a BF group at the SIS. make an impact and hopefully we can find a strategic location so that the cameras can never miss us! :D

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Not to worry, at least you participate in other ways as you've indicated and more importantly, you are going to wear the BC shirt at the Finals.

Wonder how many of you watched the Singapore Idol on TV last night. Did you see the bold and colourful artistic work (flash cards, etc) being raised high up with bare hands and the audience shouting away in joyous abandonment? I think this should be the kind of atmosphere we should emulate to make ourselves seen and heard at the SIS.

Don't feel inhibited especially when we are in a group. Do remember we can generate confidence and courage among ourselves! And because of this we can really enjoy ourselves! :)

12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Hi Bieffe

Yes, Ronald Susilo and Li Li will not be able to play because of illness and injuries as reported earlier. Like you, we are absolutely disappointed but hope that they can recover in time for training and preparation for the SEA Games. But, not to worry, we can be assured of world-class badminton as I believe many of the top-players, particularly the women, will show up after the China Open as a matter of convenience before they return home.

The Singapore Open is a 5-star international which is highly prized!

So, you can also expect TV coverage, especially during the SF and F.
    The main sponsors, Aviva, has invested a lot of money to ensure its success. :)

13. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Maybe, if you want to get rid of the shirts fast, sell them at $10 each, but in Singapore Dollars! :D Then you don't have to change too many Singapore Dollars here, or at least Janet (and your mom) will be very happy using the spare cash for their shopping spree at Raffles City itself. Robinson's is a good place to shop and others as well, and they are just at your hotel's doorsteps.

14. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Where will kwun and Janet be staying?

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i have M all the way to 2XL...

ok. i have decided to sell them at SGD15 each (US$9). that's cheaper than normal price (US$10) and it includes delivery fee to SIS. save you guys a lot of $$ already.

if you want one, send me a PM with the size and quantity. i need to get payment (via Paypal) so i know how many to bring. unfortunately, i won't be able to bring extras so only paid ones will be delivered.

16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yet to be decided, but probably in Swissotel as my mom is coming along with us.

17. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i dont' mind collecting names. i agree, to get spotted on TV is firstly difficult, and secondly hard to verify. if i collect a list of usernames that will be more reliable. so come look for me when you come to the Singapore Open. i will pass the list to Han afterwards.

18. PoseidonLee

PoseidonLee Regular Member

Technician
    Wow! So this year I will not be that lonely like last yr liao!!! So many kakis coming together. My side (Ebadminton) also quite a few going, guess we will group together then! Loh, will have to get ur hp number leh, or sms ur number to me!( u have my number right?) When I/we reach there we sms you! I am 90% sure I will be there from 18 - 21 nov! Day one(17) not able to confirm yet.

Cheers!

19. hdson

hdson Regular Member

Loh, just forget to mention the entrance :(

Guys and gals, please check your tickets, as there are several entrances (North, South, West, East) to SIS and I still wonder whether the security officers allow us to "stick together". Mine is North entrance, wat 'bout yours?

20. labyrinthian

labyrinthian Regular Member

nope, he's not playing...