Apacs Vs Yonex

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Simp84, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Merks

Merks Regular Member

Student
    Man...Most of the Apac raquets are the same of yonex raquets..
    I have a Tactic Arcsrtiker 10 and a Yonex Arcsaber 10 and it are totally the same...the unique difference is about the price...because Tactic is much chepaer than yonex...:)

2. what07

what07 Regular Member

IMO apacs racquets look just as great as yonex racquets. Performence wise the apacs clones are all lighter and easier to defend with. Edgesaber 10 I like alot better then my Arc 10. But I just need a little more energy to get a base clear with the Edgesaber. Nano White is when I need more defense then my AT900P. It feels almost like the AT900T but I me and my bro can generate a little more power and quicker reaction time with it. Plus using apacs you don't worry to much about clashing racquets. :)

3. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Sounds like comparing a professor with a high school student.They may dress the same,but what's inside both has a huge gap.If apacs is really good in producing their own products,with their techs and quality,why bother to copy their competitor?Unless if they think that their competitor r the best in the market,n they should copy their competitor's models.Well,slips some letters for the name.LOL..

I have tried apacs racket..like 2-3 models,the clone..before i had the chance to play with yonex.After i tried yonex,i sold my apacs..since i feel that there's really nothing to compare besides of their looks.

4. xiaoheng

xiaoheng Regular Member

nicely said... no one in this world would like to copy or clone others company product...if their product is not good than their own company... jus like in sg alot of ppl selling FAKE LV bags... why they wan to do so cos they know LV is a very well know name and is Good... why dun u see a FAKE APACS reacket in the market? or YY clone of their model? u guys shld know why rite? :) like i posted on top #79 post

#84 xiaoheng, Mar 15, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  5. roy b

roy b Regular Member

The answer is patently obvious. By doing so, they can potentially 'steal' some of the Yonex sales (as well as get sales from their own 'line') and increase it's market share. This is common business behaviour and is in no way an indication of any 'inferior' product.

6. roy b

roy b Regular Member

Why not ? It's business. See my post above.

As I said, the fact that some of the Apacs rackets are clones has no relevance of the quality of their products. If you say a clone must be rubbish, then aren't you also saying that the original must be pretty crap too ?? By the same count, it shouldn't be assumed (as claimed by some) that only Apacs 'original' designs are good (this sounds like people trying to desperately justify - to themselves - that they were right to buy an original Apacs rather than a clone). Why on earth would Apacs make good 'original' and bad clones ??? It make no sound business sense. And it's not because of price - they can presumably make clones cheaper due to a lack of substantial R&D.

I am both a Yonex (AT500) user and an Apacs user (Nanopower 900 White) so I'm not looking at this from one side...... unlike some forumites do. The Apacs clones may not indeed give 100% of the performance of the Yonex 'original' but I, and probably most on this forum, are not good enough to take advantage of the Yonex's 10% or whatever superiority. And seeing that the cost of the Apacs is 1/3 that of the Yonex..... well it's a no brainer.

Roy B.

7. xiaoheng

xiaoheng Regular Member

i think u got the idea wrong... i'm not saying why they wan to make clone rackets... what i'm trying to said is... one of them said this "Apacs better than Yonex" so for example if Apacs is better than YY than wat i mean is... if Apacs r better... they will not having a idea to clone yy racket since their qty & tec is better than yy... like u said "Why not ? It's business".... if u're the boss will u copy or clone this company product when u know that thier product can't match urs? if ur answer is yes than u better not to do a business or else u're shop will close down... ppl making clone or copy is bcos this product hav its selling point... and they can't hav the share from it thats why they CLONE or COPY.. if u clone a product that dosen't hav its selling point... u whole com will be a watse of time... get wat i mean dude? pls read carefully b4 u post ty

#87 xiaoheng, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  8. roy b

roy b Regular Member

Wrong idea ? Er, wait a minute.

"No one in this world would like to copy or clone others company product" was your quote.............. I just corrected you and told you why.

Now read. Yonex has the lions share of the current racket market. It has built up a strong product and client base.Therefore, it has little or no interest in cloning - it would hardly be worth their while for the potential small added income and more importantly would be a risky thing to do as their brand image could be seriously damaged.

However, Yonex are there to be shot at by smaller competitors. A company like Apacs would clearly be interested in cloning the market leader as it could lead to ADDITIONAL business to that that they obtain from their 'original Apacs' brand. This is potentially a massive increase in their turnover/profit.

Thus, cloning is not a viable thing for a whale like Yonex, but is a very logical (if not quite ethical.... ah, but let's not bring ethics into this) thing to do for a minnow like Apacs.

This 'original Apacs' brand may be better, equal or worse than the Yonex brand - this is not important or relevant. Remember, often companies producing 'superior' products may actually clone a company producing an inferior product if the inferior product has a much greater market share. Therefore, cloning is NOT an indication of superior or inferior products, products can be either. It swings both ways so to speak.

Your basic argument, and yes I have carefully read your (somewhat comfusing) posts DUDE, is that the quote 'Apacs are better than Yonex' can't be true because Apacs clone and Yonex don't. Now do you understand that cloning is not an indication of a better/worse product ? Therefore, your moaning/argument against the above quote really just doesn't hold water.

I feel that you should put your clear bias to one side for a moment and respect the guys quote above. You may personally disagree with what he said, but you have not put forward any concrete argument in support of your belief.

Roy B.

9. xiaoheng

xiaoheng Regular Member

yea i agree with u... like u said "Yonex has the lions share of the current racket market. It has built up a strong product and client base.Therefore, it has little or no interest in cloning - it would hardly be worth their while for the potential small added income and more importantly would be a risky thing to do as their brand image could be seriously damaged." thats wat i wan to explain to the fourm guy who said " apacs is better than yy"... get wat i mean:confused: if a brand is very strong in the market they won't be making any clone of others it will damaged their brand raputation... so if apacs is better (like yonex) they won't be making clone or copy others ppl products... and stick to their own products line... and this is not concrete argument ... yy is really better than apacs and not vice versa and thats my piont of view... and this is the fact can't be change... so i'm jus telling it....

#89 xiaoheng, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  10. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Later, i will make a badminton racket factory and make my own racket brand name apaconex.....(apacs + yonex)....sure will get rich one......:D:D:D

11. xiaoheng

xiaoheng Regular Member

haha :) idea... maybe better than this 2 brands lol...or u can called yopacs too lol:D:D

12. dunker

dunker Regular Member

Veterinarian
    Or come out with a line of rackets called yo-6-pacs!

13. xiaoheng

xiaoheng Regular Member

lol than for this brand racket u must hav 6 pacs than can use it lol:):)

14. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Better is relative. Ferrari may have a faster car compared to any Proton. If the benchmark is a people mover, any Proton will trump the Ferrari in comfort, affordability, and even environmental friendliness. You will likely get to your destination in a Proton within a few minutes of the Ferrari.

We all use different benchmarks in anything we buy (including rackets). Some of us are willing to fork out a king's ransom for an ARC10 JP, but some of us are happy with any full carbon racket that can hold the string cheaply.

So, is the ARC10 JP really better than an APACS Edgesaber 10? It depends on your benchmark. In my own experience, my 4u APACS nano900power (white) is one of the better performing ISO racket. It stands its own against the MP99, MP100 and is way better my 2U MP23. That's performance benchmark according to my own experience. Add price/performance, this APACS will fly off the chart even compared to my current Cab30.

So is APACS better than Yonex? It depends on the specific product (both have their share of not so great and great rackets) and what you are looking for. APACS has its value proposition and should not be written off as just another clone maker. If envy from your friend of you wielding the top Yonex racket is priceless to you, Yonex will of course always be better.

15. roy b

roy b Regular Member

Perfectly put, weeyeh :) I've just got back from a 2 hr. session with my new nano900power white (great service from Steve Griffiths at Apacs-sports.co.uk - can I give him and the company a plug?). All I can say is WOW, I'm mighty impressed. Strung with BG85 at 25ibs, this baby is soooo responsive, sooo controlled and yet really powerful. I can't recommend it higher. It makes my Armortec 500 feel like a plank in my hands !!!!

Regards to a fellow nano900power white lover,

Roy B.

#95 roy b, Mar 17, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  16. paulstevo

paulstevo Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    Think i may give the Apacs a try...The Nano 900 Power (White) can be purchased for £40...
    See how it compares to the AT900T i have on order...

17. roy b

roy b Regular Member

paulstevo,

Can't help, as I have no experience of the Yonex. But the Apacs is really great. Will a Lanc like yourself tell a Yorkie like me how you find the comparison ?!!

Roy B (somewhere far from home....).

18. what07

what07 Regular Member

My apacs nano white compare to my yonex at900T 4U feels different. Apacs less stiff but a little lighter. So I guess not much of a difference.

19. paulstevo

paulstevo Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    I will let you know Roy..
    Will pick both up hopefully by the end of the week..(well depends how long it takes for the apacs to arrive..i am going tot get it strung at 24lbs with 65TI..)
    The same as the Yonex..

20. sinerin

sinerin Regular Member

Hey Paulstevo can you post your comparison between the at900 tec and nano900power white on this forum
    I would really like to know how they stack up and i bet other fourm members would too
    this would be greatly appreciated =D