Apacs Vs Yonex

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Simp84, Dec 2, 2004.

1. russelllee

russelllee New Member

I heard APACS is from PROACE. Its just another series...for marketing perhaps...

Im using PC1080 for more than 1/2year now....no frills at all... but the paint got chipped off after a few knockings. Pretty and personally i'll recommend on that. Dont worry too much of where its made from, just enjoy the game...haha
    I wouldnt get Yonex cos of its crazy price....

2. jtzx1999

jtzx1999 Regular Member

student
    yea. after using apacs , proace, yonex

i find that yonex is jus not the brand.. its more lasting also compare to the rest of the brands..

i rather pay more for a lasting racket that will last..

what do u all find?

3. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

for cost effective, use apacs
    for quality, use yonex

4. zuihoujueding

zuihoujueding Regular Member

I've been using APACS for the past 4-5 years. broke two so far. Im not sure how "bang for your bucks" is for the yonex. but im sure APACS is definitely one!

5. Zero_Cool

Zero_Cool Regular Member

badminton
    yonex for me......

6. elwinb

elwinb Regular Member

High end Yonex rackets are only suitable for those who have go through proper training, like the professional players. They have been trained to the particular style of play, and to adapt to the racket that are made for that particular style of play. Regular players and average players will find themselves easier to adapt to other rackets, rather than an original high end Yonex rackets. Also, Yonex rackets are built lightest up to only 3u, there are no 4u or 5u in high end Yonex rackets, which made it harder to adapt, and could end up hurting their muscles themselves if stringing to too high tension. That's why normally, people will find other brands of racket are more flexible and easier to use.

7. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    Yonex do have racket with 4U. etc, Armortec 900 P & T

8. elwinb

elwinb Regular Member

So far only for armotec series..

9. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    There is significant difference between the a clone Apacs and a Real Yonex.

I have the clone model of NS 9k and it did not feel near to the real thing.Maybe 60% of the clone felt like the real thing but the additional 40% made a huge difference.

First thing is that the head is lighter compared to the real thing and yes Apacs does feel very much more hollow than really one.I don't get much power with the clone one.

Like maybe other people suggest if you are new into badminton try the clones one and then get the real ones. You feel the difference and it will make your game much better.

Apacs are the same company as Pro Ace.That's true.However, I don't think they are produced in the same factory as Yonex.Perhaps other brands like Yang-Yang or Kason.Again i don't think that Yonex would allow apacs to capture their market share by allowing apacs to produce racket in their factory.

Apacs are good in with the price you pay.That my thought about it..

10. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager
    thats bullcrap, why would a company like yonex, let a clone manufacturer make clones in their own factories :eek:. It's not economically wise, and Yonex already has pretty much the whole market covered except for like 40-50 price range, where Yonex has absolute crap.......and as for these clones matching up to the real thing, i really doubt it...cause if they could wouldn't Proace/apacs start marketing them like the real thing?

11. jerby

jerby Regular Member

and the mp88...

all in all roughly 8 models...

good enough for me;)

I wouldn't say any brand is "not as good as yonex" (as far as I tried) but just different. Apacs for instance clones yonex rackets...but áll of them are 665-670mm long and are 4U (right?).
    now does that make them bad rackets? I doubt it...it just makes them different from the "originals" the paint copies...

12. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    How can apacs VS yonex if apacs is still cloning yonex?They should start making rackets with their own design..

13. Goodluck

Goodluck Regular Member

HI, i hear apacs Power Concept 998 is the clone of Yonex MP99. Even the colour is same, yellow.

14. 2007fp

2007fp Regular Member

Student
    Apacs and Yonex might look the same but they are certainly two different racquet. Having different stiffness and even it sound different if you flick your finger against the throat.

Apacs racquet usually have more flexible shaft than the Yonex they are cloning

I still buy them so I can lend it to friend, for that price I dont care if they break it or not, just really cheap compare to Yonex(1 to 6)

15. btan5

btan5 Regular Member

I AGREE. Most balanced reply so far. I have a ProAce Nano 90 and can say it is too light for power. All the power has to come from you. And becos it is so light, it is so quick my timing is off. Hahaha... I held a Yonex Nano 90 and could feel its heavier and probably more balanced. As the Chinese saying goes, "yi fen qian, yi fen huo" -> "one dollar gets you a one dollar product". You only get what you paid for.

16. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    One of my friend broke his MP100 and he was looking for replacement so he went to Malaysia to buy APACS. He bought a ARC10 and a AT900T clone for RM$170 which is a great deal !

He told me APACS is really value for money and it plays well etc, but when I tried it, it doesn't play like the originals and I won't expect it to as the price is less than 1/2 the originals. If value for money means playing at 50% of the original, I don't subscribe to that but if value for money means that for the same price, you can't get the same kind of performance, I would agree to that.

If you compare a APACS clone with a Yonex of the same price, I think the APACS perform better and in that sense, it is value for money.

BTW, APACS do have their own design/technology and those racquets are not cheap, for example, their latest top end racquet is the Lethal 50 and it is selling for S$170 !

17. chongkiatz

chongkiatz Regular Member

yeah....under their own line....Visible hollow1800, Armor Muscle Pro 88/90/95 also not a cheap racket >.<.....

can't admit that apacs clone racket is not perform same as orginal(because i have own an Edge-saber10 and will get Armor Muscle Pro90 soon).edge-saber10 which cloning of ArcSaber10 have more lighter than the real ArcSaber10..about the solid feel sure go for ArcSaber10 more since the PRICE also have a distance....

but what i wan to say is.....the apacs clone racket is easy to use for beginner or even an intermediate player....because the clone racket mostly is 4U which suit for begginer with less wrist power to control it....

about the durability.....can be say like tat...

Yonex ArcSaber 10 cost RM600~RM700 , can use within 2 year
    apacs Edge-saber 10 cost RM100~RM120 , can use within 8 month broke...

2 year = 48 month, u can broke 6 Edge saber within 2 year and only spend u RM600~RM700 and u can't even broke 1 ArcSaber10 within the 2 year otherwise it will be over budget =D

for sure apacs cloning series is not for advan player...but it's good choice for begginer and intermediate- player rite? lol...but what i wan say is ... the price is reasonable with the performence of the racket =)

Once i mention again... CLONE series is not suitable for ADVAN player...

#57 chongkiatz, Oct 7, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  18. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Bro Chongkiatz, I am going to tell my APACS lover friend that he is not an advance player ha ha

19. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    APACS is crap
    my fren's apacs break after 1 week, crashing with Cab21....
    n with 1 High end yonex, u can get 6/7 of apacs rackets

20. moondog99

moondog99 Regular Member

I think apacs powerconcept 998 is the clone of mp99. Because I have one of them, my buddy has a mp99. Performance and feel wise they are almost identical but is not really fair for me to judge on that unless both racket are strung with same tension and strings.