Yonex Voltric 80 ( VT80 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fiq_axis, Jan 31, 2011.

1. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I'd bet that LCW is using a modified "2U" version hehe. However, good luck tonight!

2. troynguyen

troynguyen Regular Member

student
    Are you a professional badminton player? If that is the case then, maybe you are right about the power of the VT80.
    However, if you are not, considering the right technique togheter with great fitness will generate great power! It is very hard to justify what you are saying. I think that 90% from player and only 10% for racket!

#1322 troynguyen, Jun 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  3. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

I see 3UG4

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

How much did you wager? :p

By the way if it is really 2U it will be written on the cone, as Taufik's G6 racquets (I posted the pics before, go look them up yourself if you're interested).

4. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Wow thanks for that Blitzzards. What does the "MA" code stand for? Malaysia?

If so, looks like they are not modified versions? By the way, do you happen to know whether Mathias Boe is using a 3U or 4U?

5. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Are you a sports scientist? If that's the case then, you may be right about the 90:10 split in power generation. However, if you are not, considering that you may not even have access to a speed gun and proper methodology to measure the power generated by the shots in your (and your friend's plays), it is very hard to justify what you are saying.

I do not think any of the reviews found on this forum is written by a professional player. It's a personal review -- note the many "i" that littered the passage. Its up to you to disagree but you cannot tell teoky that he is wrong to feel what he did.

6. Blitzzards

MA does stand for Malaysia.

Regarding the other VT80s used by the other players I only have pics of Peter Gade's DK coded racquet which I have posted and demolidor confirmed as 4UG4. I am not sure about the others.

But I guess that a 4U VT80 is pretty adequate in terms of power and speed even for the pro players. The "main" spec may be 3UG4 but that could be aimed at the advanced power player. The pro players don't always resort to pure power play and are always varying tactics mid-game in order to win. In that case the lighter spec racquets have more variable game play.

7. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Actually, I think demolidor was guessing/assuming that Peter Gade uses a 4U VT80, since the online Denmark sites only sell the 4U. That's not exactly very good evidence that Peter Gade is using a 4U though. However, the evidence for Lee Chong Wei using a 3U is relatively very good. And look at the size of Lee Chong Wei - he probably has much smaller arm/forearm muscles than many posters here.

Anyway, do keep us up to date if you find more evidence of what weight rackets the pro players use.

8. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    To be honest, LCW's racket is probably actually closer to the weight of a 4U since he strips off the original grip and puts on Super Grap. The original grip weighs a good 5g or so, maybe more.

9. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Maybe. It's funny that LCW does the exact same thing as me with the grip too. He also uses the exact same shoes as me - SHB-92MX. You'd think he was trying to copy me hehe.

10. Dokkie

Dokkie Regular Member

Sorry ssj100, it is the other way around my friend.

11. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Hehe yes. However, to be honest, I seriously didn't go out to "copy" Lee Chong Wei. For instance, I didn't know he did that with his grip, and I also didn't know he wore those shoes until recently. Anyway, great minds think alike I guess. Okay okay, I'll stop now hehe.

12. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Lol You better check maybe LCW use the same undies as yours too

13. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    Naim,do u mean completely strip off original,then put only overgrip onto it?does it will make the feel much harder for gripping?

14. Blitzzards

This is LCW's Super Grap grip style when he was using the AT900P:

View attachment 99406

Notice the thickness and the original grip creeping out beneath the yellow Super Grap?

Then compare the one above to his current grip with the VT80 now:

View attachment 99405

Still the same thickness isn't it? The reason the Super Grap goes up so much almost covering the entire cone is because the the VT80 has a shorter handle but the Super Grap is still the of the same length as the one he used with the AT900P's longer handle.

15. troynguyen

troynguyen Regular Member

student
    Haha, I dont see anything about saying TEOKY is right or wrong in my PERSONAL response to him. How funny! DO YOU SEE I ALSO USE "I" and "MAYBE" too.

Let's get back to the main focus.! VT80 :)

#1335 troynguyen, Jun 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  16. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    Maybe i can try one...thks blitzzards, i always wish how to make my vt80 3u feels like 4u. Awesome!

17. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    I've read online that these days he strips the grip off and places super grap straight on to wood. No idea what he did before. But it may be a new occurrence of his.

18. Blitzzards

The photo of the VT80 was taken during the very recent Sudirman cup. The grip thickness he uses now is still the same as before so the original grip is still intact and not stripped off at all. Seeing is believing. I have no idea "how recent these days" your source points to.

19. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    Eh...no strip off?my bad..i tot it was stripped off on vt80...

20. Blitzzards

Yes you can take of the original grip and only use an overlapped Super Grap. Tony Gunawan does that on some of his racquets that he found to be heavier than liking. But for a singles-play use racquet the grip feel may be too hard.

If you like it however no one can stop you :p