Yonex Or Victor?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Blade, Mar 29, 2006.

1. jerby

jerby Regular Member

This is about Rackets!!!

2. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

besides the stringing capacity increase, what else does the 'diamond section' of nanos do?... i don't feel anything as of now...

3. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

Nanology is on an atomic scale, you won't be feeling it obviously, just as you don't see your strings or the racquet warp when you make contact with the shuttle. A lot of stuff goes on behind the scenes that we can't see or feel and that's because of the technology that the racquet has. Yonex is more expensive because of its name and its technology. Yonex is also better in terms of availability such as on this forum where you can buy high end racquets for much cheaper than in stores or online. Thereby reducing its price significantly. In almost all cases, the more expensive something is, there's something better about it.

4. bluecraze07

bluecraze07 Regular Member

Both Victor and Yonex make great rackets. I have top end rackets from both companies and they are both great. With Victor rackets having a lower price than they Yonex, Victor would be my choice. However, the availability of them is not good therefore, I have more Yonex than Victor. If Victor products were to have more availability, I think a lot of people may change over.

5. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Here in Singapore, you can find Victor in most badminton shops. However, people still go for Yonex because of the branding and also because Yonex is available not just in badminton shops but also sports shop and malls.

I have some high end Yonex racquets but suprisingly, my recent go to racquets are Mizuno TC700, Victor Brave Sword 08 and Karakal MTEC 80, none of the Yonexes ;p

I guess this proves that there's viable alternatives to Yonex and you don't have to pay through your nose for a good racquet.

6. shot3gun

shot3gun Regular Member

yonex got famous from models such as the Cab series a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago.

Victor probably took some designs from Yonex and made them a LOT better and a LOT more affordable. They even included some of their own pieces of technology such as the ATB and the Ultra high modulus graphite (btw ultra high > super HMG)

7. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

This is cute... if there is no observable improvement to my game, should I care if they put in a cold-fusion generator or use anti-matter in the racket?

8. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

I would recommend doing all the research before saying. like looking here.
    and that is only one example.....

also, graphite is not a technology, it is a material used in rackets.
    i believe the whole high 'modulus' come from Young's modulus
    Learn even more here.

9. shot3gun

shot3gun Regular Member

my apologies
    thanks for the information though =)

so by the way, do you think super HMG is better than Ultra HMG?

10. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

This is funny. :)You are right, price does not always connote quality.

I remember when Pons and Fleishmann thought they had solved the cold fusion problem. Their ingredients for that unfulfilled promise of unlimited energy were cheaper and simpler than what goes in badminton rackets today.
    So technically your cold-fusion generator racket would cost less than a Yonex Nanospeed. Maybe you should start work on the patent.;)

11. Moncky23

Moncky23 Regular Member

Badminton!
    What would it do exactly? Look nice? Have lots of pretty spinning lights? Explode on contact with the shuttlecock?

12. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Blows your opponent's shots out of the court.

13. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Well, considering that Pons & Fleishmann only ever claimed to have heated a cup of water by one degree Celcius, I can't imagine the Cold-Fusion Paladium Racket (patent pending) would do much more than keep your grip warm.:)

That could come in handy in this court today:

Attached Files:

14. Moncky23

Moncky23 Regular Member

Badminton!
    Well, I doubt I'll ever be seeing a cold fusion palladium racket any time soon in my local shop =.= (although, I don't go there because there way overpriced =.=)

15. krisss

krisss Regular Member

Hehe , I'm sponsored by Victor , love there products :D (apart from there bags , which are funny shaped , and break quite easily.)

I think Yonex is always going to be the leading brand though ,the shear size and power , of there advertising. All the chinese team in the olympics had yonex rackets. I think Yonex and Victor are both good companies. Yonex is over-rated I think , but other brands will hopefully come out , and maybe even start rivalling them one day for the biggest brand :D:D:D

16. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    personally use an arc 10, and im looking at the victor brand for something similar or even better?... i play singles for university and would be greatful if someone could offer me some feedback. i play as an allrounder... nothing specific.. anyway appropriate to win.
    thanks

17. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    I agree with you there. Just the huge power of Yonex means that awareness for other, smaller brands isn't as good. Yonex make great products and that's how they got where they are today. However, there is no doubt that you can get better value elsewhere. In a way, Yonex products are over rated but I don't think anything could live up to the huge hype all high end Yonex products get.

18. krisss

krisss Regular Member

Perhaps a ripple power 11 or 12?

19. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    Thanks krisss
    Ripple series then.. will do more research on it.
    none of the atb, tiw,iw etc is suitable then. does the ripple have a slim frame?

20. krisss

krisss Regular Member

#160 krisss, Jan 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2009