Yonex Or Victor?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Blade, Mar 29, 2006.

1. kacha

kacha New Member

Hello....just want to ask...has anybody/anyone of you used a Victor ArteryTec Ti99? Im planning to buy a new racket for my spare. My existing one is a Ti98.

2. edgen

edgen Regular Member

before power wave 12, i was using it.......it was a nice racket strung @ 28.

3. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

If that were true, why isn't victor the best and most popular brand out there? pls tell me.

4. event

event Regular Member

If Coke is so bad for you, why do we get that funny answer when we ask kids whether they want Coke or water?

If oatmeal is so good for you, why isn't it the most popular cereal out there?

Do we really need to ask these questions? Granted, Yonex consumers are not kids, but we are all vulnerable on some level.​

5. the_oro

the_oro Regular Member

pretty boring profile -_-
    and if some kids can get a couple grams of marijuana for $5 or a box of oatmeal which one do you think some kids would pick?

coke or water? oatmeal or cereal? uhh obviously you're going to pick the one that taste better. it's not a matter of advertising, one's just better than the other. who drinks water for flavour? who eats cereal for health?

my my is this thread pointless, all your emotions are misplaced, let's just leave it at if you like this racket (brand w/e) then buy it, otherwise stfu

6. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    cause yonex sponsors LinDan and trio, Peter Gade, Taufik Hidayat, all the professional players, and they put in alot of effort to make attractice rackets and also appealing advertisements we all got hooked once

7. jerby

jerby Regular Member

Look, can't we just let this thread die?
    Blade started of ont he wrong foot here, taking the offensive side, but he came back on it, and chose to be a bit more conservative...

thread's over if you ask me...

8. LongReach

LongReach Regular Member

Electronics Tech, Badminton Junkie!
    Yeah i agree. Let us just leave it with 'Yonex is the best racket you can get' lol------------>Joking:p

9. jerby

jerby Regular Member

Errrr...that's not what I meant:p

:D;)The sooner the tiranny of Yonex ends the better:cool:

..though not like this...

10. General Foo

General Foo Regular Member

student
    Hey Guys,

ive just purchased a Victor artery tec ti99 from BBE sports.

Will do a review and compare with my newly strung Yonex mp99 within two weeks. Sorry for the delay, really busy atm. You dont wanna know.

Though, I have a feeling the Victor will come out on top. :D

Salute

11. Blade

Blade Regular Member

lol, i wasnt insulting no one, i wasnt being offensive to no one, i was just wondering. yy Ling has a point here, the reason yonex is popular, not just because its good, but because they have alot of proffesional players being sponsored. That may be why Victor is not that popular...

12. jerby

jerby Regular Member

If yonex didn't sponsor all thsoe players, who knows what rackets they'd used...Victor? Winex? RSL? Sotx? who knows...and for that matter: who cares, it is the way it is.
    non-yonex brands will always struggle to get a piece of the pie...

13. gabxzz

gabxzz Regular Member

student
    Yonex have already gotten the momentum and have also captured most of the market, And seriously, the higher end Yonex racquets are great, if expensive

14. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    victor is very popular in shanghai... its starting to rise in singapore too

15. LongReach

LongReach Regular Member

Electronics Tech, Badminton Junkie!
    If i were good enough to be sponsored I would not care who gave me rackets to play with aslong as they were not steel or aluminium crap.

Even if Victor sponsored me lol:p hahaha.......I would not complain.

If i was skilled enough to be sponsored.........well i could play with any racket as once at that level a racket brand makes no difference to how good you play.

16. jerby

jerby Regular Member

indeed, with a try-out pack of 10 rackets of a brand..there's bound to be one you 'sorta' like:D

17. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    but we're talking about quality... not having who sponsored you

18. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    lol after reading through everything... victor is getting flamed in this thread...
    oh well, you need not hate something just because you find something else better,

for example,
    my friend buys wilson rackets because its an american brand and he is english educated and he loves america's weapons of mass destruction, and he has something against victor(being an asian brand), and keeps saying its not trustable. oh well i'll see his wilson crack soon cause there was once a paint chip but the chip was really deep as if some material was worn off(sry wilson fans but it happened right in front of my eyes), while for yonex, victor(from what i see im sure other brands are good but i havent experienced it) paint chips wont be so deep, and he wanted to string his wilson racket at 28lbs...

it really depends on your attitude towards something, just because Victor is a taiwanese brand doesnt mean it can only go to 10lbs or something, im not saying you guys dont like victor because of only this reason but im just saying that its all about your attitudes towards something,
    I dont like yonex's prices, all I do is just say it, I dont hate yonex

19. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    Aiyo, brand doesnt matter much lah, as long as they produce a racket that suits u can liao. They have their own pros and cons. blah blah

20. jerby

jerby Regular Member

YY_Ling,

I think you misinterpreted what was beign said here...Victor is not getting flamed.
    what we see here is Blade standign up, practically saying "Victor is the best, yonex sucks and everybody should use Victor"
    Now I don't mean to be rude, or a Jerk, but when you mouth your opion like that ("I vote for victor...superior to Yonex in every way possible" or even "obviously your doubts are not a good enough perspective")
    you can expect to have a though crowd in front of you...

in short, Victor is not getting flamed, it's a brand just liek any other, and deserves the same oppurtunities, this is definatly the wrong way to make a brand known...