Yonex Or Victor?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Blade, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Blade

Blade Regular Member

Whats the deal with Yonex...everyone buys yonex. I find its way overrated...ive played with better racquets then yonex.

I vote for victor...superior to Yonex in every way possible.

2. -George-

-George- Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    i kinda agree with you, i think that yonex is overrated, when there are many cheaper quality alternatives that exist that people simply won'y buy because it's not yonex. however i do believe that they make extremely good quality rackets, even if they're not the best value for money.

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    One thing that Yonex dominates, is the rather successful marekting strategy, such as sponsor the elites. Besides that, Yonex does offer a huge line of selections. Therefore, be it a newbie or a competitive player, you can easily get a racket for yourself.

The playability is very subjective to each individual, but overall selection choice / services, Yonex does gain an edge over most others. ;)

4. jerby

jerby Regular Member

yonex got big in the past..and stays big due to sponsoring and regular updates (this is important..babolat caused an uprising in europe when they came..but after three years there are no new models. now it's bleeding to death afaik.)

luckily enough there are more and more new brands coming up competition is always good for the consumers: price will go down, or quality will go up....
    But I however have not underfoudn any real problems wiht yonex rackets, durability wise or quality wise....

5. Dennis

Dennis Regular Member

Plumber
    Personally I don't give much bout the brand the racquet is...:p
    All that matters to me is that it's reliable and got good feel with/to it:cool:

6. Blade

Blade Regular Member

x

one thing i know...racquet prices have dramaticly droped since 6-7 years ago..we could easily buy over 300$ racquets...now yonex has the most expensive ones. with 250$ for the NS and AT series, thats way too expensive.

And talk about victor...Victor has soooo many innovative aspecs! The ATB...inside wave, all things that makes the racquet worth buying. Unlike yonex, why make the same racquet twice with different weighting, and colors, and call it differently.

7. jerby

jerby Regular Member

you answered that one all by yourself!

(well actually, teh ns9S and ns9X also ahve different flex and balance point...and are basicallt wo different rackets reales under one name...they porrabaly thought the NanoSpeed 10 000 sounds cheesy, even by their standards)

8. Blade

Blade Regular Member

x

there is no need for different weighting and colors....lol unless your a kid.

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Who said so?

For color concern: Why every manufacture try to provide different color choices on their products (i.e. cars, clothes, etc). Because that's preference.

For weight: once a weight is changed, it's a complete change in performance. Don't ignore what 2-3 grams can do to your game.

10. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    The so call "new technology" might not be good for everyone. If you don't need such feature, why should you pay extra for it? I've got my hand on a racket with the ATB, but I don't like the feeling at all. I am not saying that the ATB must suck, but just say, not everyone will like it.

When you select the racket, it's the performance satisfaction (of course, price as well), not what the specfication says.

11. Blade

Blade Regular Member

x

The feeling of the atb is the handle, put a overgrip and you will like it.

And that racquet is cheap as hell.

12. cards_pro

cards_pro Regular Member

Where could you get Victor racquets in TO?

13. Blade

Blade Regular Member

14. eguitarcoolboy

eguitarcoolboy Regular Member

Hi Blade just wanna say please respect ppl's choice. I mean you can't get ppl to choose Victor other than Yonex as you don't like ppl get you to choose Yonex. Someone's apple might be someone's poison. Just wanna make things clear that i am not really a yonex fan but i do have one yonex MP28 and at the same time own a Victor and Carlton. i do like yonex rackets as they look good and perform well. however they are way to pricey to me and i finally choose other brands.

Also, i dont see anything wrong with choosing racket based on the look and colour as i think that's one of the factors that make ppl buy a racket. ppl won't buy something they don't like even that's a super quality racket (of course there are always execptions). For instance, NS9000. I have been reading some threads that ppl complaining about the paint job of it and they decided not to buy it even though it might be a good racket. I think you the design Victor ATB would be part of the reason you bought it, right??

Because racket is not only a badminton tool but a kind a collected goods too. ppl collect coins, stamps and other stuff, so whats wrong with collecting rackets that they like?? if ppl would like to pay more to get what they want, then just respect it, you know? nothing to lose. Finally, you dont like what i said, please forgive me. I just think that ppl always have the right to choose what they like and want. No one have the right to force someone to choose something they dont like. i know how it feels when you are playing with a racket you dont like. you wont perform well plus you will hve no fun playing badminton.

you play for fun!

15. Blade

Blade Regular Member

I didnt bother even reading your post eguitarboy, i never said people suck for buying yonex, i simply said...yonex is overrated and there is obviously better stuff out there/

16. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    That's your own subjective statement, as whatever is your own choice. To me, the performance is the key, but whether it's Yonex or not, it's not important. However, that does not mean, if it is Yonex, then, I am stupid or just "being a kid" (in a rather bad way, if I understand correctly from your previous thread).

Sometimes, if a racket fits a player better (and happen to be a Yonex), the person might not mind to spend the extra to get full satisfaction. It's like, why a lot of ppl want to buy a $30,000 car rather than a $15,000 car, as their power might be the same? Because the extra features and comfortness might satify their better, and to them, the extra features worth every single penny they spent. Of course, many others might think differently, and choose otherwise.

Respect others is to respect yourself. ;)

17. eguitarcoolboy

eguitarcoolboy Regular Member

Sorry, i never said that you said people suck for buying yonex either. And i am not trying to start a fight here, just wanna express how i feel with what you said here. Just that you are trying to convince ppl to buy another brand when it is all up to them. It's good to introduce a new product here and share how you feel about another brands' products. thats y i join this Forum, i like reading ppl's review. and i like your review about Victor ATB too and no doubt thats a good racket. But the statement below is just not so nice you know. Coz i will look at the colour and design of the racket before buying them. If i offence you with i said in the last post, I apologise.

Originally Posted by Blade
    there is no need for different weighting and colors....lol unless your a kid.

18. LongReach

LongReach Regular Member

Electronics Tech, Badminton Junkie!

That makes me laugh. Every victor i have used felt like 'yuk'.

I only buy rackets that I have tried and find play better than the current racket I have used.

For me Victor's have never made that cut.

I don't choose rackets by brand, my current racket is a yonex ns8k and before that yonex Mp28 before that:sotx, epsilon and fleet rackets. Not a yonex fanatic if i find a non-yonex racket that I like better than the ns8k then I would consider getting it.

I never bought a yonex until about 2 years ago, and I have been playing for 15 years.............and found they are good................in the next couple of years i might try a victor and find it better..............then......I would buy it........:) but for now......I currently use a Yonex.

19. mongster

mongster Regular Member

I myself prefer a Victor racket (Super Ti 16) over my MP100 but I don't think that the MP100 is a poorly designed racket. One of the qualities I have noticed though about Yonex rackets is that they seem to glide through the air with minimal air resistance. It is something no other racket manufacturer has ever achieved, in my opinion. Try swishing for example an RSL racket and you can feel the racket head fight against the air, and then try swishing any MusclePower/Armortec/Nanospeed racket and you can feel the difference.

Yonex I think is overpriced, not overrated. ;) And I attribute my preference for this particular Victor racket model over other Yonex rackets is that it suits my playing style and technique. My dream racket used to be the Armortec 800 OF but the minute I borrowed somebody's Victor Super Ti 16, I knew I finally found badminton home. :D I mean, how many people have searched for that perfect racket in vain? And as the Super Ti 16 has been discontinued, my only regret is that I didn't buy more in reserve. Recently tried the Armortec 300 though and I have had the same feeling.

My point is most intermediate/advanced players do not prefer one brand over another because of the brand name/design. They just prefer a particular racket because it suits their style and technique. And I admire pros who stick to a particular racket regardless of the new ones that come out. Zhang Jun is still using an MP100. Hidayat still prefers his AT700. And lastly, it's not that Yonex is overrated, it's more of Victor is grossly underrated.

20. event

event Regular Member

Brown Sports on Bloor has great prices on Victor but only the Asian lines. You won't find Blade's ATB or other Victor Germany products there, to my knowledge. For that, I think you have to go to badmintonwarehouse, as Blade said.

Blade, were you saying that it is possible to get the ATB models in Vancouver, too?