Who Will be The Champion ?????

Discussion in 'World Championships 2005' started by mikki, Mar 14, 2005.

1. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    too early... 'wind can change the course'..
    maybe 2 billions rupiahs can change his mind :D

2. zhaokapow

zhaokapow Regular Member

x player
    taufik to reign supreme at world champs

I predict taufik will add to his olympic gold and claim the world title in America. He is able to produce the goods on the big occasion and raise his game. He goes for quality rather than quantity - Asian Games, Olympics, Indo Open & Singapore wins, unlike Lin Dan who has many titles and is probably the more consistent performer but when the big events come i.e Athens Olympics he flops!! no amount of Grand Prix titles come close to an Olympic gold. Taufik wins the big events and leaves the rest for Lin(or whoever) thats why he is the best player of the moment. On top of that he doesn't have the team mates(like China) to throw matches against each other to give them an easy route/draw for victory!!

3. Morten

Morten Regular Member

Taufik is a good performer when it comes to big tournaments but don't count Lin Dan out. Ok he flopped at the Olympics but thats also the only big event which he lost in. he has proved to his nation and the world that he can handle pressure, at the AE, TC and Surdinam cup. I would rate Lin Dan as top favourite with Taufik as main contender also

4. ting03

ting03 Regular Member

University Student
    Ooooh Taufik and Lin Dan are two of the more likely winners....but lately Lee Chong Wei has improved his game under Li Mao's coaching....:rolleyes: I wouldn't count him out as a possible winner either....:p Let's see if he can pull another Malaysian Open result :D

so my three predictions for the World Champ title for MS is Lin Dan, Taufik Hidayat and Lee Chong Wei (In no particular Order, cause i believe that all 3 of them have the same possible chance of winning :))

5. chemile

chemile Regular Member

I don't think Lee Chong Wei from Malaysia will reign it. He only proved his ability in Malaysia, but has no proved yet in another tournament, and the biggest one. I agreed that Taufik and Lin Dan in same level, and Lee, Gade, Jonassen, Chunlai in another below them. Both of them are great great players..:cool:

6. genjyo

genjyo Regular Member

i accede Taufik can beat anyone if on his top. he has this power but sometimes lack to stiamina.
    i never count Lindan out coz he is a stronge competitor in any match
    IMO, Taufik and Lindan have even chance to win WC, the result just will lie on their form and how they exert in the game
    LCW maybe the biggest dark horse who has the potential

7. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

i believe it's 4 way title
    lindan taufik leechongwei petergade
    these 4 players i think are the title contenders

chen hong also has the ability to reach final (although definitely not the title) since i think he can beat everybody in the world right now except probably taufik.

anyway, it will all depends on each player's mentality and preparation. who's better shall get the title..
    and now that world championship will be held here in the united states just over 2 weeks away, i think stupid line call controversy like in korea open and in malaysia open won't happen definitely

everybody would have equal chance and definitely gonna prove who's the best :)
    gd lucky to everybody

8. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

hmm... if (as you say) LD, TH, LCW and PG are the 4 title contenders, how would chen hong fit in? :p

9. kokcheng

kokcheng Regular Member

You hit the bull's eye when you consider Lcw as the the most likely dark horse to win.One more,which is Hafiz,will be detremintal to anyone who writes him off.This World Championship should be the Mother of All championship of the badminton world.Just can't wait for it to get started.:) :p :cool:

10. genjyo

genjyo Regular Member

i really don't want to repeat the discussion about whether LCW's power lies on he haven't got any title in the other country or not. everyone has everyone's answer and judgment.
    you may say, LCW is 4 seeded, right, but the rank doesn't stand for everything.
    IMHO, LCW is the biggest dark horse this year concluding in the coming WC.
    if he wins the title, well, it will be also a very surprise for me.
    he can prove himself then.:p
    i think he will not mind being called dark horse if he wins in the final:rolleyes:

11. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    hmm, taufik huh? do u guys really think he can win when he is no longer underdog like in og?

as for lin dan, i still think he is the one to beat, so dont count him and hafiz out yet

12. zhaokapow

zhaokapow Regular Member

x player
    Mens singles: Taufik

Womens singles: Zhang Ning

Mens Doubles: Candra/Sigit

Womens Doubles: who cares!!

Mixed Doubles: Nathan/Emms(if Nathan had a partner as good as himself he would take MD as well)

13. Michael-Lam

Michael-Lam Regular Member

Student / Badminton Coach

Lin Dan hands down!

14. apontoh

apontoh Regular Member

I think it'll be Taufik for MS and Chandra/Sigit for MD.

15. Togey

Togey Regular Member

MS - Lin Dan
    WS - XXF
    MD - Cai/Fu or Rasmussen/Paaske
    WD - Don't care :p
    XD - Anyone but Roberson & Emms :D

16. brendy

brendy Regular Member

taufik all the way if he doesnt have to many long matches

17. Slugs

Slugs Regular Member

Here's my 2 cents worth on who's going to win MS.... is the one who is able to bring variations into his game.

The current master of variations is none other than Maestro Chen Hong. But he is dogged by injuries as indicated by last JPN and MAS Opens. How far he has recovered will determine his fate. If he has, I'll put my money on him.

Lin Dan's fortes are his superior fitness, speed and power, but there's very little variation in his game. His power and speed have elements of predictability in them by now, and it has been proven that his smashes could be easily snuffed out. Coaches are already aware of this ever since that Sony Kuncoro's match at the Sudirman Cup. See how vulnerable he was being out-witted by Kuncoro on several occasions during the match. That's because Kuncoro had introduced variations into his game, and that had upsetted Lin Dan's rhythm. Kuncoro's loss was mainly due to his own lack of fitness.

Peter Gade's shots seem to have lost their sting since his knee operation. He is also a master of variations in the same league as Chen Hong. But now without sharpness and penetration, those game variations of his count for little. Peter Gade's matches nowadays are a far cry from what they were when he was peaking.

Taufik's game variations are not as widely-varied as Chen Hong's or Peer Gade's. Perhaps, his strength lies in his ability to combine his limited game variations with his more potent power and skills as a lethal wholesome. On a good day, Taufik is capable of displaying his streak of sheer doggedness in his game to enable him to pull through any matches.

On my cards it's going to be Chen Hong vs. Taufik final if he has fully recovered from his injury, and I would place my bets on Chen Hong.

If Chen Hong hasn't recovered, then it's going to be somebody else (which is another story) against Taufik, and Taufik will prevail.

18. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Kind of obvious?

Not sure I can agree Chen Hong is the master of variations, I thought Chen Hong is known for his great stamina and relentless attack. In my opinion, Lee Hyun Il, Lee Chong Wei, Peter Gade(if he listen to his coach) are better in that department?
    Anyway, I think MS and MD titles are basically open for grap, certainly Lin Dan and Sigit/Wijaya are the favourite but usually in hugh tournament like this, underdog/dark house shall prevail or in simple term Hafiz or Chong Wei will win MS while Tan Fook/Chong Eng will win the MD :p :D

19. indo_gal

indo_gal Regular Member

student duh~
    i believe he can do it... was he an underdog in singapore open??? and he still won rite... :D

20. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    As for the MS, I think most of the top contenders should have known a great deal more of their potential rivals' strengths and weaknesses by now. The better prepared and injury-free players will see themselves meeting in the final rounds, ie from the QF onwards. But whoever wins the WC title will be the one most hungry for the crown.

In this regard, I'll pick Lin Dan as the dark horse. Strange for the World No 1 to be touted as a dark horse? Yes, for Lin has not won any of the most recent majors, the last just losing to Lee Chong Wei at the Malaysian Open and shortly before this, he lost to Taufik in the SF at the Singapore Open.
    A fully focussed, energized and hungry Lin will be a match for anyone. Lin Dan has learnt his lesson. He'll be more patient, relaxed and ready! And he wants it for a precious present for XXF. :)

In my first category of would-be winners, I'll include Lin Dan, Taufik, Chong Wei and Chen Hong.

In my second category of hopefuls will include Bao Chunlai, Lee Hyun Il, Hafiz and Peter Gade.