Victor Auraspeed 90K version 2 Review and comparison to AS90K 1st version

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by potter88, Oct 25, 2022.

1. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Parents went back to HK and I got a local e78 delivery. Was a bit of a pain to coordinate delivery, but managed to get them in the end.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

potter88 likes this.
  2. Neurologik

Neurologik Regular Member

research
    [QUOTE="potter88, post: 2858753, member: 137491"Tried tension 26 a few times but it breaks easily. I don't know if its the mis hits a few times or the string itself.[/QUOTE]

man I think I never broke as many strings as with that raquet. Not too crazy 25 or 26lb with exbolt 63 or 65... starting to be expensive. Still love the raquet tho. I was almost very close to put BG65 on it at some point XD (but it is my fault hitting to close to the top of the raquet)

3. AraKyra

AraKyra New Member

Power, as88dp wins (4ug6)
    maneuverability and control, 90k ii wins (4ug5)
    all are already stripped from its original grip.

my arm got tired with as88dp after 2 or 3 games, unlike the 90k ii and tk-fe (3ug5), my arm is just fine after 4 or 5 games.
    maybe free core is better suited for me, though i love the smashes coming from my as88dp.

4. beno22

beno22 Regular Member

Hello
    I currently have the TKFE 4u and I am considering the ARS 90 k II 3u I have nothing to blame for the TKFE but I had the ARS 90 k 3u version 1 and I liked it a lot but it was too rigid for me so I lacked power.

The 90 kii is apparently less rigid.

Would it be possible for those who know these two rackets to compare them in terms of power, manoeuvrability, control and fatigability, is the 90kii 3u more powerful short than the TKFE 4u?

60% double man 30 mixed and 10 single. Thanks

5. awesomista

awesomista Regular Member

I have both 90k 3u and 90k2 4u
    Overall 90k2 is better, even in 4u it has better repulsion and power for me...

In terms of power tkfe 4u has more power than 90k2 4u

Maybe 90k2 3u has at least the same power, i doubt if it would have more power than tkfe

6. beno22

beno22 Regular Member

I have the impression that you prefer the 90kii 4u to the TKFE 4u why?

7. awesomista

My accuracy is bad, i can't stand the compact head of the racket, a little miss hit and its done...

While using auraspeeds, a little miss hits sometimes still can have a decent output...

And of course im a speed person, even though 90k2 BP is high, i still can lift the racket easily effortless because no air resistance...

8. beno22

beno22 Regular Member

I would like to know how the 90 kii 3u is compared to the TKFE 4u.
    At first I had the TKFE 4u for the double man and the 3u for the single and the mixed but the 3u was too heavy and not manoeuvrable enough so I sold it.
    The TKFE 4u suits me well but on days of fatigue my shot is bad. I read that the 90kii 4u was less powerful but more manoeuvrable than the TKFE 4u so the 90k 3u would have at least the same power as the TKFE 4u and would it be manoeuvrable and not too tiring ?

awesomista likes this.
  9. awesomista

the answer is yes, your analysis is correct...

10. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

Just got my hands on one of this.

It plays like a slightly head heavier, flexier 100x

Speed is a little slower than the 100x but definitely a good thing because the 100x 4U is at times too fast.

Smash is stronger than the 100x but not as strong as the TKFE.

Being slightly flexier, power generation is easier for intermediate players.

Does the racket blow me away? Not really, the price point is slightly higher than my budget. Would probably only get a used one as the performance wouldn't justify me buying a brand new one.

Vivek Bagadhi and pootisfoib like this.
  11. beno22

beno22 Regular Member

The racket with which I played the most on the 3 boards is the JS12 3u.
    Do you think the ARS 90 kii 3u looks like him?

Currently I have the TKFE 4u does the ARS 90kii 3 u have more power than the TKFE 4u I would like more weight in the steering wheel during short background smashes especially in singles and mixed

12. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

I tried the 90kii (4u) today and I feel similar to you when comparing it to 100x (mine's 4u). 90kii feels like a beefier 100x. Not as light, nimble, and sharp as the 100x, but still pretty quick and packs a bit more punch due to the heavier overall weight. I wonder how a 4u 90kii would compare to a 3u 100x. My 4u 90kii strung and with stock grip and plastic wrap weighs 90g.

13. awesomista

I own both 100x 3u and 90k2 4u
    Its - + the same output.... I like both.
    Because it's 4u ita feels light but the head heavy still make your smash as good as 3u 100x IMO

pootisfoib likes this.
  14. luminine

luminine New Member

I was using the 3u ARS 90kii for a bit, I would say TKFE 4u would have more power. The 90K ii 3u wasn't that great of an experience for me, I picked it up for the same reasons you're thinking about, more weight for steering/power. Didn't really translate as well as I thought, probably because it's head-light. Realized I should've gotten a new head-heavy racket, but instead I went back to my Astrox 88S (2018) head heavy, but still fast maneuvering (shorter frame height tho)

15. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    man I think I never broke as many strings as with that raquet. Not too crazy 25 or 26lb with exbolt 63 or 65... starting to be expensive. Still love the raquet tho. I was almost very close to put BG65 on it at some point XD (but it is my fault hitting to close to the top of the raquet)[/QUOTE]
    +1, somehow broke strings frequently on this.

16. beno22

beno22 Regular Member

Thank you for your return, it confirms the information I had on this racket. Now I'm looking at the BS12 SE 3u. But I have the same doubts as on the ARS 90kii 3u.

I'm looking for more information about the BS 12 SE 3u especially power level

17. pxwee5

pxwee5 Regular Member

Had a quick spin with Nanoflare 800 last weekend (with other people's settings of course), and I find that it is much easier to use. Clear was so much better than 90K2, good smash. Drops wasn't that great though.

I think I need a bit more time with the Yonex counterpart to see the difference.

18. kingsooji

kingsooji Regular Member

went through the reviews and feedbacks above ... is it accurate to say a 4U 90K ii is similar to 4U 88dpro minus the free core & slightly less hh ?.

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  19. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Anyone who used original 90K 3U swapped to 90K2 3U?

I absolutely love 90K 3U, but it’s nearly impossible to buy new ones. I love it’s control and manoeuvrability and the power is sufficient for me. It’s like I’m placing the shuttle using my mind with this racquet.

Some of you have the same experience with 90K2?

20. SIM YUN KIAT

SIM YUN KIAT Regular Member

Swing weight around 82ish (without grip and string) it actually felt quite close with the nanoflare 1000z.