Victor Auraspeed 90K version 2 Review and comparison to AS90K 1st version

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by potter88, Oct 25, 2022.

1. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

DriveX 9x also has freecore, but DriveX series doesn't seem very popular.

2. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

yep it is with free core and made in Taiwan I played with 4u for quite a while, actually it has the most fun head from all of victor current range rackets, it is the most compact at the moment, so it has exceptional repulsion and control (very close to js10), but since it is really stiff and only 81g (dry) it is too much for my shoulder so I will be going to 3u rackets once again :)

3. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

I might try the Drive9X, but I have to say the lack of hype behind it makes me hesitant a bit. Thinking between this Drive9X or Ryuga2..

4. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

just bare in mind that 4u is is way on the lighter side of 4u but head heavy - so if you like 3u ones it will be very different feeling, but other than that I think it has much better repulsion and even speed than big heads from auraspeed line

5. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

All my rackets, with the exception of my 100ZZ (2 in 4U and 1 in 3U) are in 3U. Do you by any chance ever tried Ryuga2?

6. pootisfoib

If a stiff 4u racket was causing you shoulder pain, then why are you going to 3u rackets, which are even heavier? Wouldn’t a more flexible 4u racket make more sense?

7. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

because all overhead shots with 87-88grams are many times easier than with 81grams, 4u range (80-84grams) is quite big, and I will never pickup racket with less than 83grams, but personally for me 88-89 range is the best, even when controlling very high lifts during the defense.

8. Alexious

Alexious Regular Member

and what did it cost?
    your shoulder

9. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Just ordered an unstrung frame, and here are some measurements:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To put this into perspective - the head weight is only ~0.8 g less than the average of my 3U Adidas P8 (and even down to 0.4 g when the side grommet strips are removed... see https://www.badmintoncentral.com/fo...das-badminton-2022.189071/page-3#post-2829860) which are rated as 5/5 head heavy by the manufacturer. Whereas the 90K II is rated slightly on the headlight side of the spectrum. Another proof that these ratings are just completely random.

Shaft is clearly on the stiff side, but in direct comparison less stiff than a JS10. Oh, and it's a DE coded racket that is made in China. So no idea how they decide who get the Taiwan ones.

[​IMG]

Paint job looks very nice although I have my doubts if it will be robust. There doesn't seem to be any coating layer on top of the decals for example.

#129 s_mair, Jan 23, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
  10. Schultzier

Schultzier Regular Member

@s_mair im a little curious why you decided to go for an 90k2? Just for the fun of it? Im planning to get myself the Ryuga II.

11. Neurologik

Neurologik Regular Member

research
    I agree with you mate, such a effortless fast and powerful racquet, I believe Victor nailed it again with this one the best of both worlds in one racquet... and not too stiff to be able to play 3h at max without tiring (too much ;) ). The drop shots need some adjustment indeed but I feel becomes more accurate then JS10 as intended with the increased head heaviness.

#131 Neurologik, Jan 23, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
  12. Neurologik

Neurologik Regular Member

research
    Yes slightly/med head heavy it should say, just perfect for my taste actually, no idea why that is labeled balanced :)

Yeah some decal went away with the clamps on the stringing machine already but not much, I which they would protect them a bit more too. Also the small top "arrow/triangle" on the frame was not perfectly aligned with the middle of the top 2 white grommets, but just a detail ;)

13. what07

what07 Regular Member

Had a chance to buy a 90k ii but all of them except 1 the arrow was off centered. The one that seem to have no cosmetic inperfections had a weird snapping sound when flexing the shaft. So decided to hold off atm.

Neurologik likes this.
  14. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Had a serious racket GAS attack and I started looking for a stiff, balanced non-compact 4U racket as a slightly easier to play alternative to my Adidas P8. And I was curious about the Freecore handles. So it came down to the 9oKII and the 100X - and I got the 90KII because of the better looks. Simple as that.

Had the first session with the 90KII yesterday in the first impression was really good. Let's see how this will develop.

15. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

Based on your criteria, how about Ryuga 2 and/or Drive9X?

Just curious because from what I remember in the past we had somewhat similar preference :D

16. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Haven't tried both of them. Ryuga 2 is a more head heavy 3U (but with even better looks I have to admit), Drive9X I have no idea. That whole spec package of the 90KII has struck a nerve in me back when I first saw it. Can't put my finger on why.

17. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

I was also interested with 90Kii, but after having Jetspeed S12 and Auraspeed 100X which both are from the "Speed series", I thought I wanted to try something new from Victor, thus Drive9X or Ryuga2

18. pootisfoib

What do you mean by GAS attack?

19. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

GAS = Gear Acquisition Syndrome

Gpower, Budi, what07 and 2 others like this.
  20. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

Oh that's very contagious isn't it.

Budi, pootisfoib and s_mair like this.