No big guns, Malaysia MUST deliver.

Discussion in 'Super Series Masters Final 2009' started by Pemuda, Nov 28, 2009.

?

Will MAS players perform in their home ground?

Poll closed Dec 2, 2009.
  1. 4 deliver - MS, MD, WS & WD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 3 deliver - 3 out of 4 events

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 2 deliver - 2 out of 4 events

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 1 delivers -1 out of 4 events

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Total lost - non MAS players perform

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    oh oh:eek:
    but the big ambitious pemuda is no longer exist:crying:
    i think the entire bc is disapointed with this:(

2. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, typo..........:D

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hmm, maybe someone thinks Peter Gade and Taufik Hidayat as the winner before of AE, WC and OG is not a big guns. Lol, giving excuses they are old already..blah blah blah.:p

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    sure
    i surely understand what u mean
    u are slowly converted into x ball type bcers
    fully confident that lcw should and would deliver in malaysia as a jaguh kampung:(

5. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

They sure still big guns, but not as terror as they used to be when they were at their peak. :)

6. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    big guns, small guns, no guns... why MUST pressure pressure? let the players play their own game la... win or lose don't matter much in this time SS final... why? what is the objective of the SS Final? Does BWF achieve its objective? Nope... So, if according to me, it's already very clear this SS final, not a MUST win, even to MAS players, let them just go play their best if they can, cos it's the obligation/responsibility placed upon them, win= year end bonus, lose=just lose la *shrug*... I think BAM also realizes their error here... but too late to do anything since, they're also hosting it... no choice de... next week Sea games sudah...

7. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

LOL, when you say this, I suddenly remember last year when LCW, KKK/TBH, WPT/CEH won SS Finals, the same people said it was insignificant cos big guns/China not here.
    So, when they win it's not significant, no value, until when we count the overall stats also some comment SS Finals should not be included, until had to have 2 sets of data. So insignificant, win, lose also not considered, not even in BWF ranking list, haha.

This year, with 2 weeks of SEA Games after this,even less important. Since Msia is host(or forced to host as one member commented), the players compulsory to participate, warm up for SEA Games only. ;):D

#47 eaglehelang, Nov 29, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  8. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Era, need have gun to shoot mah, at least tiny gun, no gun cannot fight :p:p

9. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

LOL, suddently become 'guns fighting'...........:D:D.....:D:D

10. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, true, SEA games is more important than this SSMF...........at least can bring honour to our country.:p:p

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm
    i dont know
    the only thing i know is
    pemuda is becoming x ball good friend:(
    been influenced by x ball:(

then dont complain this and that
    demand this and that
    u can have 5 titles in malaysia national grand prix later in february;)
    why?because the current world number one is playing,the former world number 1 is playing,no big gun(no og or wc winner,oh oh,but have hafiz that win ae before:eek:)but is ok,also malaysian.
    also held in malaysia
    with home groud advantage
    and bla bla bla
    so,u open a thread later in february for the national grand prix ya;)
    with the title :no big guns,MALAYSIA must win:rolleyes:

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..after all this while and all the threads & posts, you just noticed it??..:confused::eek::p
    ..for the current BWF World Ranking issue being questionable and a laughing stock, that is already a much discussed topic in BC. Check out this thread:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75692

#52 ctjcad, Nov 30, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  13. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    :D who said? without gun also can win what? if not itu Jet Li long time die already... :D:D:D:p

14. szekt

szekt Regular Member

Sorry for being off-topic, but just wondering if RTM1 will be showing the matches?:confused::confused:

15. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Allow me to explain, why must not use "MUST":
    1) LCW, WPT, CEH, KKK and TBH are humans. So are other shuttlers. All of them play with 1 racket, a brain,a pair of hands and legs. If Any of the Malaysian shuttles mentioned above can win a title, others could too.

2) Oh...So now you are comparing MU to teams from Malaysia states(took me awhile to figure what out Kedah, Perak and etc are, anyway...)? First let me remind you that MU players have the experience to play in international competitions but I dont recall Malaysia ever has the chance to do so. Now back to badminton shall we? Those players that got invited to SSMF are all established international players, they all have at least won once or proceed to the final stages of SS tournaments. If you wanna make comparison, make sure you compare apple to apple, not apple to orange. Oh...before I forget, do you think that Star players in Football are unbeatable? I just recall that REal Madrid got their ass wiped by a 3rd rated team in Spain(I think real madrid got trashed 1-4) not too long ago. That shows **** happened in football as well, so what makes badminton an exception? Does that mean that a much more established players must always win against their lesser opponents? I will let you figure that out yourself.

And please dont get me started that those coming to those SSMF are by no means third rated players.

3) IS LCW untoucable in MAS? Go flip the history book where he got his ass smacked in WC 2007 ,MAS open 2003 and 2006. Is he invincible at home soil? That remains a myth...not.

4) Regarding about the BWF system,wasn't you the one who said something along the lines that World no 1(WR#1) means nothing in one of the LCW's thread if he cannot win big tournaments? So if WR#1 is not considered a biggy(at least without big titles) to you, why do you expect WR#1 to win anyway? Or you just like to conveniently twist your argument to suit your stand. Ohh....So when you feel like insulting or belittling LCW's, KKK & TBH's achievements, you will just claim that WR#1 is nothing to be proud of. When you feel like making their life difficult, you twist your argument and said that WR#1 is the greatest proof of why they are the top shuttlers in the world and they should deliver in every single tournament they participated. What double standard you have here?

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hehe
    relax my friend:D
    no need to angry
    this thread is starts the fallen of pemuda great image;)

17. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Dont worry, I wasn't offended.

Allow me to explain my thoughts: When some of the fans here use the word "must" in this thread. It projects a mentality(at least to me)- Malaysian shuttlers are so good that, if the top 3 other foreign players/pairs are absent in a tournament, the shuttles should automatically become the victor regardless of draw, conditions of players and other minor factors. Yeap, you read it right- they just think that their shuttlers are too good because players who ranked below 10 in the world ranking could not possibly beat these Malaysian players. Yeap, not a chance. Someone play me the mission impossible theme song please... :)

Note that I used the word "some Malaysians" not "all Malaysians", which also means that my previous post wasn't direct to you unless you think that your players "must win" in SSMF too.

So, am I being harsh here by using the word conceited? I will let you be the judge.

#57 lcleing, Nov 30, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  18. vorxaw

vorxaw Regular Member

malay is offensive? i thought it was just short for malaysian. please explain

19. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Allow me to put it to you straight up.

First of all, 'MUST' is not an illegal word here in this forum. The last time I check, it is not a crime to use 'MUST' here. This is simply a forum. If you & co find this thread offensive or not your cup of tea due to the word 'MUST', there are other threads ranging from Micheal Jackson to The End of the World in this forum for you or anyone else for that matter to participate in. There are bound to be diverse views or opinions in this forum. Some of us just gotta learn to agree to disagree/respect alternative viewpoints.

1. Yes, the last I checked LCW. KKK/TBH, WPT/CEH are normal human beings. They play with one racquets etc, I agree. However, you missed my point by a mile. I have said it numerous times and I will say it again ... what I am saying is as the WR1 (or former WR1) in their respective fields, they must win the SSF because firstly, many of the top guns will not be there, secondly, they are playing at home with the home fans chanting Malaysia Boleh and beating em' drums and gongs.

2. Allow me to correct you that Malaysian footballers are also exposed to play in International competitions ... just like MU players, there are footballers with international experience from Kedah, Perak etc.

Back to the SSF badminton, yes those players invited to the SSF are established internationals, I agree. BUT we cannot discount the fact that the big guns are not showing.
    Yes, I agree upsets do happen every now and then just like what you mentioned about Real Madrid being beaten by some '3rd rated' team in Spain. BUT AGAIN ... my point is LCW, KKK/TBH & CEH/WPT are all WR1/former WR1 in their respective depts, with a weakened field coupled with home ground they must win the SSF. Should they be beaten despite having home support & playing against a weakened field, then they dont do justice to their WRs. If you take a look back, I have mentioned about this also.

And dude, when and where did I say those players coming to the SSF are 3 rated players?? You need to calm down.

3. Didnt I not say LCW is weak when it comes to big tournaments?? Fyi, the WC is a biggie when it comes to badminton. I am not saying LCW is untouchable when he is playing at home. Is Real Madrid/MU etc unbeatable at home? If you look at LCW's trophies, you will see he has won quite a few at home. Yes, yes he has won a couple away from home as well. But with I think 5 MO titles, I believe it is a fair comment to say LCW is tough to beat at home ... provided it is not a major event. And the SSF is not a major event.

4. My statement about being WR1 without the big trophies being shallow still stand. Before you get emotional and start accusing me of twisting my argument, please read again what I highlighted in red.

Thanks for taking your time to reply. I hope I have answered your questions.

Regards,
    pemuda

20. keigo911

keigo911 Regular Member

Research Student
    Malaysian consists of 3 major races, MALAY, CHINESE & INDIAN.

So we called all of us as MALAYSIAN, not MALAY... coz it somehow bring some race discrimination (when ppl recall on MALAYSIA history, 513)... :)