No big guns, Malaysia MUST deliver.

Discussion in 'Super Series Masters Final 2009' started by Pemuda, Nov 28, 2009.

?

Will MAS players perform in their home ground?

Poll closed Dec 2, 2009.
  1. 4 deliver - MS, MD, WS & WD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 3 deliver - 3 out of 4 events

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 2 deliver - 2 out of 4 events

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 1 delivers -1 out of 4 events

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Total lost - non MAS players perform

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

We have home ground advantage.

We have the Boleh fans in large numbers behind our shuttlers.

There is no need to transport all our Boleh gongs, drums, trumpets and all through customs.

Our local favourites i.e. mee soto, roti canai, asam laksa, mee mamak, nasi tomato, nasi kandar, bak kut teh are all just a stone throw away.

Our MS WR1, LCW should take the title. No excuses like food poisoning, injury, exhaustion, no mood, forgot to bring along his favourite thong etc etc.

Our MD WR1, KKK/TBH too should win. Am not sure whether LYD/JJS will be there or not, even if the Korean pair do show up, KKK/TBH, with home ground advantage should win. No excuses because they have all their hair gels, rings, bracelets, chains with them this time.

As for our WD, WPT/CEH, they too must win so that they do some little justice to their former WR1 tag.

No excuses ... please.

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Mas boleh to you, mr pemuda.

3. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, no more excuses, like too tired, as LYD/JJS also playing non stop.......untill Korean IC finals..........no more broken strings problems, no more slow shuttles because of cold and dry winter, just hope our kkk/tbh could have thier revenge over the korean pair.........

No need excuses for CEH/WPT, the two korean pairs are still very tough for them to beat.....just try their best.

#3 jasonmarc, Nov 28, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  4. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

LYD had it even tougher, if we look at the CO. The lad played in the XD final and then the MD final and still look fresh. LYD is very strong mentally. The Koreans are different than us because they dont pamper their shuttlers.

With the backing of a few thousand chest thumping & gong beating Bolehians screaming and chanting Malaysia Boleh, KKK/TBH and our other shuttlers MUST deliver.

5. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

CEH/WPT were former WR1 and they need to do some justice for being ex WR1 or else BWF ranking system is a laughing stock.

Korean pairs or no, CEH/WPH MUST also deliver the title as they are playing at home as well or else we might as well relegate this pair to the special Olympics category.

6. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

It depends whether KKK/TBH want to go all out or conserve energy for next week's SEA Games, as the decision makers see SEA Games as more important than SS Finals. Though according to their trend, they might not win it.;);)

WPT/CEH i agree with you, they're just showing up/have to participate cos Msia is host.

7. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

So, if kkk/tbh lost,....this will be their excuse then.....:D:D

8. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

9. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Nope, not excuse, got trend, and so far my theory on their trend came true. :D:D
    If KKK/TBH win SS FInals, then lose in SEA Games even worse(to the decision makers). :p
    PBSI withdraw SEA Games bound players from SS FInals, shows how important SEA Games to associations.

If you're going to stadium to watch, do give us some side news in the daily thread, with your usual '......'

10. JkL1212

JkL1212 Regular Member

Thats the problem with the Malaysian mentality

We expect too much on LCW alone! sigh

11. ray_mond

ray_mond Regular Member

^ I agree

Without a doubt, I do not believe that LCW is not trying his best to win. I believe that sums up for everyone malaysian shuttler.. or any shuttler for that matter. LCW is entitled to his opinion on what stops him from playing at full power. If that's what he thinks, his fellow national citizens should not give him even more pressure, and instead support him with warm and kind words.

12. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

"MUST"- This word itself is a strong word. I understand that Malaysia is under the pressure to deliver as the host country. But is it necessary to use the word "must"?

I dont recall LYB or LD ever use the word "must win" even though the Chinese team is playing in a tournament where they are the clear favourite.

Sorry no offence, I think some of you Malaysians are pretty conceited and think too highly of your own badminton squad. Do you seriously reckon that shuttlers from other countries are just a piece of dead meat or a handicap who can't hold a racket?

Give me a break.

13. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Pemuda, perhaps you should replace the thread name with "ought".

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Imagine..

..if our Pemuda is the head honcho @ BAM.

The questions now are:
    What if those MAS favorites fail to win the event(s) they're favored at??..
    What's gonna happen to Dato LCW, Ah Koo & Ah Tan, WPT & CEH, should they fail to bag home the titles and the cheques??..
    :confused:

15. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    What excuses to use .....

Weather ?
    Cannot ....this is own country. If it is in Kuala Terengganu at least still can say flood...grrrr

Food poisoning?
    Cannot ....favourite laksa, mee rebus, nasi lemak, etc are all around the hotel and the stadium......if it is in Kuala Terengganu then still can say cholera.....arrrggghh

Too tired?
    No way. Other players fly in from overseas and also fight till like going to die in recent HK and China Open......i got Limo all the way to JB ....cannot cannot

Lack of home support?
    DUH! this is JB, in Malaysia ....there will be thousands of crazy fans screaming and MALAYSIA BOLEH-ing until my ears going to go deaf .......hmmmmm WAIT!

Since everyone in this forum says Malaysia MUST deliver and MUST win, Ah Hah , can repeat our "taiKoh" (Big Boss) LCW's 2008 Olympic MS final drama......too much pressure, burden to carry, cannot perform as usual....this WILL be THE EXCUSE this time ....:D :D :D

When it comes to finding excuse, as a BOLEH nation, we are very BOLEH (good) in this aspect as well.......:rolleyes:

16. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    if our Pemuda will be there, sure MAS players can deliver.
    if they still fail to do so, our tckang will provide the excuses.

i am not in high hope for MAS players to deliver. still lack of "Malaysia Boleh" spirit. can see almost everytime, once reach semi or final, the lack of fighting spirit or leg shaking is on.

17. wawakkk

wawakkk Regular Member

wahhhhh pressure pressure....... :(

18. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

None taken, dont worry.
    Why 'MUST', allow me to explain further.

LCW is the current MS WR1. With the heavyweights out of the way (LD & co), LCW as the WR1 coupled with homeground advantage is head and shoulder above the rest of the playing field and thus MUST deliver. If you look at LCW, playing at home, he is almost untouchable .. provided it is not a major tourney.

Its like having a football tournament at Old Trafford where Man Utd is pitted against Kedah, Perak, Sabah, Brunei & Perlis. Would it be fair comment to say that Utd MUST win the tournament??

KKK/TBH like LCW is the WR1 in the MD category. With most of the big guns not coming and them having homeground advantage coupled with a big pay cheque, it is fair comment to say that KKK/TBH MUST win. With the pull out of the big guns, the SSF is more like a grade 2 tourney or a 'training' tourney for MAS shuttlers like LCW & KKK/TBH.

Its like having a 100metres sprint between Usain Bolt and sprinters from Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Cambodia & Laos. Fair comment to say Usain MUST win?

As for CEH/WPH, I am of the opinion that to do justice to the BWF ranking system, they MUST win in order justify their former WR1 status. I mean if CEH/WPH cant win despite the weakened field and having home support, then the BWF ranking system is very questionable.

Infact, with so many top guns staying away, I feel our WS shuttlers MUST make some kind of impact too at the SSF rather than the usual 1st/2nd round exits.

Lets not compare with China/LD/LYB because their trophy cabinet is filled to the brim with major honours.

#18 Pemuda, Nov 29, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  19. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

'Ought'???

Roger Federer has 6 Wimbledon titles tucked away. During the 2009 Wimbledon final against Andy Roddick, I doubt Federer went into the final with a "I ought to beat Andy today" kinda mentality.

Micheal Schumacher, when he was racing had 91 wins. I really doubt the man went into each race with a "I ought to win" mentality.

:)

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lol
    thats kinda funny
    i forget who say that the world number 1 is not important?:rolleyes:

let see who will be here
    ae winner peter gade
    wc,og winner taufik hidayat
    how can a ABOVE AVERAGE PLAYER(claim by pemuda)win here?:confused::eek:
    lcw have no ae,no og gold,no wc gold:eek: