Mizuno Badminton 2017

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by pizzaboi, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Dekkert

Dekkert Regular Member

Hi, I happen to recently have bought a Mizuno JPX RE and a Victor ARS 100X. I'm a long time stiff and head heavy racket user. For over 10 years I'm playing with a Victor Super Wave 35, but occasionally play with YY AT700-II. I've had a YY Duora ZS (too stiff when tired) and a YY Nanoflare 800 (with some lead tape on 12 and 6 o'clock) and this NF800 played lovely! The DZS and NF800 died on me because the frame warped because of high tension. I string all my rackets with 32 lbs with ABBT.

I was hoping to find a replacement for my Victors SW35, as I'm afraid they won't last that much longer anymore. I hoped the JPX RE would be similar. Besides that, I was hoping the ARS 100X could replace the YY DZS and NF800 as doubles racket.

The ARS 100X plays stiff! It's nice as a doubles racket. Almost even balanced, I would say. It plays similar to DZS/NF800 (with some lead tape). Not as powerfull, but still OK. It's fast and easy. I might try some lead tape on it a little bit.

As for the JPX RE: I don't quite like it. It feels really soft. It's like a medium stiffness. Almost flexible when compared to the other rackets. The frame is only recessed from 10 to 2 o'clock, making most of the frame more flexible. Balance is good, a little bit head heavy. It's also reasonably fast, still. But I really need to figure out the right timing and correct hitting speed. Feel is too soft though.

I'm wondering how the Fortius 11 Quick plays. Is the Fortius actually stiff? Unlike the JPX RE...

2. leoonsisme

leoonsisme New Member

Hi, I would like to share some Infos for your questions. I have played Ars 100X and Nf800 for a short time, maybe is not so clear about the feeling, I think 11 Quick maybe is not that stiff level as Nf800, but it is still a stiff feeling when you play .

But I played victor Jetspeed S10 (most people saied so stiff) mostly before. And I would like to say that Fortius 11 Quick is not that stiff as Victor Js10, but Fortius 11 Quick is much stiffer that JPX RE, and it is much flexibel than other rackets I think. I suggest to string some hard Strings (like BG80) with high Lbs :)

3. Gomit

Gomit Regular Member

h
    i.
    is it still availabe.???

4. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    Unfortunately no, it has been out of production since after the 2017 period. The racket is discontinued. I managed to get it from a shop in Vietnam that had one left.

5. DKCPH2018

DKCPH2018 Regular Member

Can Anyone pls tell me the difference/ opinion between these 2 rackets - Mizuno JPX LTD ( Stiff -Red & Black color) in 3U & Mizuno JPX Reserve Edition in 3U

6. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

JPX LTD is even balance - headlight. JPX RE is head heavy. Shaft stiffness should be similar, but RE may feel less stiff because the headweight helps flex the shaft when swinging.

DKCPH2018 likes this.
  7. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

Has anyone tried the new Acrospeed series? If so, how is it?