Mizuno Badminton 2017

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by pizzaboi, Jan 14, 2016.

1. hm_andhika

hm_andhika Regular Member

Consultant and Technology Enthusiast
    My feedback for Mizuno is only 1 thing. They need to align the size of their racket handle. Mizuno's G5 is equal with Yonex's G6. I can not use AC102 on Mizuno's Racket. I need to use a slightly thicker grip i.e. Ibuki Dekoboko.

2. Aayoosh

Aayoosh Regular Member

Any reason you rate jpx 5 blitz that low? Folks at badminton racket review love it and rate it among their best rackets. I'm hesitant about a 4u even balanced racket as well. How's the stiffness of 7 fury to that of 5 Blitz? Thanks!

3. om patel

om patel Regular Member

Mizuno wave claw 2 (2E) amazon.Jp shipped to India .

Attached Files:

4. papersword

papersword Regular Member

I bought 2 Mizuno JPX 5 Blitz. I thought it was an even balance racket, but it felt alot more to head heavy. It is flexible with bigger than expected racket head size. Hence, the racket swing speed was slow despite it has a slim frame. Furthermore, the grip size was actually a Yonex G6 even though it was stated as G5.

5. Aayoosh

Aayoosh Regular Member

I thought the entire USP of the JPX line is it's aero frame with a good racket swing? Is it the weight or the flex that's dragging it? I have recently started feeling that flexible rackets feel more "whippy", especially HH ones, where the head being heavy feels like it lags behind the shaft in quick swings due to the flex.

6. Budi

Budi Regular Member

aerodynamics only start to takes affect after reaching certain speed. On badminton it only apply to full swing type of shot like clear or smash. So other low swing speed type shot wont had benefit from aero frame.
    Then whan affect mobility are swing weight actually. Super HH racket carry masive swing weight which feel hard to manouver due to the head still pushing.
    & last the same stiffness shaft will feel more flex on HH racket coz the weight create more force to bend the shaft.

7. Aayoosh

Aayoosh Regular Member

Yes I know. I was talking about the specifics of the racket mentioned and not general principles. I've read the stickies on stiffness and whatnot. The point here is that 5 Blitz is flexible AND HH, so it might feel like a drag to move around. It's a 4u racquet so not particularly heavy and swings should be easier with a 4u racket. So if it still doesn't feel good to play with, something has to give. What might it be? My guess says it's the flexible nature. I've played with flexible (cheap) racquets all my life and playing with stiffer ones has been nothing short of eye opening.

8. papersword

papersword Regular Member

The racket is slow for defence and drive. I only feel clearing is easily; any other shot is slow or less reponsive. The frame shape reminds me of the 3 Mizuno Speedflex 7.0 black color which I owned, but this has a wider head size.

Attached Files:

9. FahadM

FahadM Regular Member

Technichian
    Hello guys! Did anyone have a chance to try out the Fortius 11 power yet? If so, how is it compared to Yonex's high end head heavy racquets? I am really interested in trying the Fortius 11P. Also, why that one is more expensive than the high end astrox series?

10. FahadM

FahadM Regular Member

Technichian
    I just got the Fortius 11P from racquet force delivered today. Is it normal to say "Made in Japan" and "Made in China" on the sticker together? Is the racquet genuine?

11. James.Foo

James.Foo Regular Member

Hi Guys, I'm currently looking for a replacement for my Yonex Arcsaber Z-Slash TH Edition. Currently looking at Mizuno Fortius 11P/11Q.
    Any recommendations?

I primarily plays back doubles for smashes but also ply some occasional singles

12. FahadM

FahadM Regular Member

Technichian
    I am playing with the Fortius 11P for few weeks now and it's working wonderfully. Very solid, stable, easy to use. I was afraid that it would be hard to maneuver, but I was wrong. Of course it wouldn't be as fast as the other even balanced racquets. It's a very well balanced racquet. Plus, the raw power is there. Drops from backcourt is fun to perform with this, defending is also gets easy since the heavy head is doing most of the work.

13. DKCPH2018

DKCPH2018 Regular Member

How is the stiffness compare to Astrox 88D ?

14. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    Has anyone here tried to Mizuno Caliber S Pro? Seems like a 2021 replacement of the Mizuno Caliber Reg which Nozomi Okuhara used in her 2016-2017 season.

15. indolovers

indolovers Regular Member

atlet
    Any review jpx 8 power and jpx 8 force?
    Both even balance also medium stiff

But why jpx power is better for smash than force ??

Any review of them? It its small frame or big frame as yonex ?
    Thx

16. amaranth

amaranth Regular Member

Anyone here tried Speedflex 9.1 ? Is it any good for doubles play?

17. SlaShEr

SlaShEr Regular Member

tinkerer
    Hi, ive been searching for reviews for Altius 01 Feel (3U) and Altius 01 Feel S but to no avail. Can anyone share some brief review? Im coming from MX80 (long time user) but due to age/mx80 being demanding /change of play style (more to rally/placement shots), im looking for something forgiving.

18. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    I believe I wrote a review in this thread :). It is very forgiving, in fact I feel like it is slightly even balanced & more on the 4U side despite being labeled in 3U. Very friendly racket from Mizuno.

19. Dekkert

Dekkert Regular Member

I'm quite curious about the JPX RE or Fortius 11P/Q. Can anybody elaborate a bit more on how they play and which (Yonex) rackets comes closest (I'm more familiar with Yonex rackets)? Are they sturdy rackets? Can't have sinking issues as I string at 32 lbs.

I'm into 3U, stiff, (slightly) head heavy rackets. Not about flexy or hold rackets, don't like that whippy feeling.
    Favorite rackets are Victor SW35 and Yonex Armortec 900P. Not tried the Astrox series yet besides a 4U Astrox 77. Too light and flexible.

20. HanBaddy

HanBaddy Regular Member

Long time lurker here, haven’t posted much. But I really gotta say something about Mizuno rackets, because I’m absolutely in love ever since I switched to them. Hopefully this will help other who are considering this brand.

I currently own and play with 2x Fortius 11 Quick 4UG6, and 2x Altius 01 Feel 3UG5. I’ve owned many popular rackets in the past, always switching between flagship victor and yonex models. You know the ones, so I won’t list them all but will mention a few for comparison. I mainly play high level men’s doubles and mixed, with occasional singles games. I would classify my style as all-round, and I care about speed/control/power equally.

Fortius 11
    I’ll focus on the FQ11 this time, because that’s what I’m using for most my games nowadays.

I had my shop measure out the 2 lightest 4U units, and the dry swing weight was at 86.5 with unstrung balance point at 299mm (with factory plastic on grip). This is about as heavy as I can go without sacrificing too much speed for high-paced doubles. I would rate the stiffness at 8/10 and head balance at 6.5/10.

This racket plays well in all areas of the court. Due to its boxy frame, it feels very much like an Astrox, a little more powerful than 88s pro and a little faster than 88d pro. Though if your shop cannot measure lighter units, then expect it to lose out to speed rackets in the front court. It is still faster than 100zz with similar power, though shuttle impact feels softer. How does it balance speed and power so well you ask? The 11FQ has an amazing shaft. It is responsive, has a solid feel, and recovers even faster than my wife’s nanoflare 800 (tested with continuous net kills)!

The 11FQ excels at quick shots like drives, stick smashes, counter attacks, punch clears, etc. the responsive shaft with a touch of head weight feels great and punchy on both backhand and forehand. To compare, the 88D Pro and the TKF Enhanced both have similar stats, but they don’t feel as quick to maneuver. With these rackets, I always feel a need to preload my swing earlier to bend the shaft enough to get more shuttle speed, especially for flatter shots. For full power smashes, I agree with another reviewer’s comment about having to swing the FQ11 fast. Relax your shoulders and focus on correct pronation to achieve optimal acceleration. The standard size head with box frame is also great for control shots. Slice drops, recovery shots, blocks to the net, tight spinning net shots all feel effortless. Well executed shots just go where you want them to without fuss, which is why I recommend this racket for singles as well. It’s also worth pointing out it doesn’t have an obnoxious amount of hold like the Arc11 Pro, which sacrifices too much repulsion for me.

Last thing I’ll touch on is the FQ11 ease of use, as it’s definitely not beginner friendly. If you don’t have good technique, you won’t notice the benefits and your shots will be lackluster. I also found myself having to move my grip higher than usual when playing quick shots at the net (swipes). Also late backhand clear took more effort initially for some reason. Just be patient and take a month to break in the shaft and dial in the swing. I like to compare the FQ11 to the ARS-90K, which cheats the power-speed ratio by combining a sharp frame with a meaty head. The 90K was super easy to pick up and see gains around the court, but long term consistency is not as great because the frame-head weight combo is so wild. The FQ11 on the other hand rewards you with solid all round performance every time once you get used to it.

I wanted to really highlight how it feels to play with this racket, rather than reiterating specs and giving generic ratings. I hope this gives people a better sense of what to expect based on some other rackets they may have tried.

Ok final note. made in Japan high end mizuno rackets have amazing build quality which rivals that of the big 3. I clashed my FQ11 many times and my partner accidentally stepped on it, and the paint isn’t even chipped. Seriously they’re built like a tank. I have no doubt it will last a lifetime as a collectible.