Mizuno Badminton 2017

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by pizzaboi, Jan 14, 2016.

1. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

I acquired Fortius 11Quick yesterday. Some factors I noticed :
    1. As usual, the swing weight distribution is wide : 86~89. ( Much Heavier than 10Q in average, IMO, this range is better )
    The stiffness distribution is tight, between ex-stiff and stiff. ( Maybe there will less-stiff versions later, like 10Q )
    2. Shaft change : Not much, easier to bend than 10Q, a little more resilience. Close to AX99Pro's shaft.
    Resilience-wise IMO : AX100>AX99P>FT11Q>ARS100X=FT10Q>AX88DP=Dx9x=JS12ii
    However, the differences are too small to affect you games, you can actually ignore it.
    For me, just the feedback of the high resilient ones bring joy, they feel lively.
    3. Frame change : A little bit more power-friendly, exactly as advertised, about 7~8%, not much.
    Most Important : It feels like the Kick-back system of Fortius Tour, I love this.
    First Impression : Easy Power, Good Accuracy, Good Speed

Play more to give a full review.

huynhvinhthang and hm_andhika like this.
  2. huynhvinhthang

huynhvinhthang Regular Member

Mizuno should pay you :) Now I kind of want to buy this :)

foo.tw likes this.
  3. MoonJogger

MoonJogger Regular Member

Anyone bought or tried the Fortius 90 and Fortius 50 swift yet ?

Sent from my SM-A525F using Tapatalk

4. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

Played 5 games today. ( My 11Q has a swingweight of 87, strung with VBS66N Green 28lbs ) Some thoughts :
    Defense : Superb, Accuracy is on par with 10Q or a little better ( IMO, G6 helped )
    , and the power of lifts and drives are better than 10Q
    , and the maneuverability is on par or slightly worse than 10Q.
    IMO, this kind of performance is satisfying.
    Though the impact sometimes feels hollow, the shuttle still travels nice.
    Drive and Follow-ups : Great, the frame might require a little more swing than 10Q,
    and the power is easier and better this way, though 10Q would still
    be more aggressive and faster in high-level games. 11Q is easy-to-use
    in 95% of games, and the swing-based drive urges me to drive more in my games.
    The follow-up steps and strikes are also easier to perform than my other rackets.
    IMO, G6 also helped, very satisfying.

Slice / Drop / Net / serve : Should be Superb, I'm not so sure about this part, because VBS66N is very slippery.
    Though I didn't play these control-oriented shots very well in the first game( After all,
    new racket + VBS66N + worse shuttles ), I did excellent in the following games( score
    directly many times ). I suppose 11Q will do great jobs with my usual setups. Still, 11Q
    feels hollow traveling through the air, the feel is not so good yet it ( with G6 ) helped with
    speed and control.
    Smash : Great but doesn't feel good, the hollow feel is right there. Though more friendly than 10Q, this shaft still recovers
    super fast, and you need to swing fast and complete your motions accurately to smash well. ( still
    a speed racket's smash style ) It's
    more forgiving than 10Q and shuttle slows down later than 10Q,
    and this makes the defender harder to defend or counter-strike your smash with your own power
    ( into his racket-hand ). This is different from 10Q whose long smash is not easy due to early slow-down.
    I scored a lot with such long smashes, but they didn't feel good. The hollow feel is still there, and there
    was no feedback or boom. The execution was completed fast and the shuttle landed fast, and that's all.
    ( I guess that made the receiver hard to time the shuttle as well )

Clear: Good but nothing special, much easier than 10Q and that's all. It's totally like what I did with 4u AX88DP. It has everything,
    yet nothing special. ( It should be pretty good news for a speed racket though )

Conclusion : Not Yet ! I will make updates after applying my usual setups, might change some ideas about this 11Q.

All in all, G6 is great to play with.
    2022/01/18

huynhvinhthang likes this.
  5. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    wow...hope you can compare with 10P if possible.

6. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

Sorry, I don't have 10P.

7. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Whos player are now the brand image for F11 twins?

8. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

Mizuno Fortius 11 Quick Review
    Racket Spec : 4UG6 Swing-Weight = 87, Aero-Box Frame, High-Repulsion and Super-Fast
    Recovery Shaft
    String : VBS66N @ 28Lbs

Defense : Superb, It's a combination of accuracy, speed, and power. Unlike most defensive rackets which are towards soft feeling, F11Q's feel is toward fast and clean. Totally nothing to compliant about.
    Drive and Follow-ups : Superb, the drives are flat, fast, clean, and accurate, and you can also adds a little swing in your power generating process.
    Slice / Drop / Net / serve : Should be Superb, I'm not so sure about this part, because VBS66N is very slippery. Though I didn't play these control-oriented shots very well in the first game( After all, new racket + VBS66N + worse shuttles ), I did excellent in the following games( score directly many times ). I suppose 11Q will do great jobs with my usual setups. Still, 11Q feels hollow traveling through the air, the feel is not so good yet it ( with G6 ) helped with speed and control. Fast slice is pretty good. 1/21
    Smash : Great but doesn't feel good, the hollow feel is right there. Though more friendly than 10Q, this shaft still recovers super fast, and you need to swing fast and complete your motions accurately to smash well. ( still a speed racket's smash style ) It's more forgiving than 10Q and shuttle slows down later than 10Q,and this makes the defender harder to defend or counter-strike your smash with your own power ( into his racket-hand ). This is different from 10Q whose long smash is not easy due to early slow-down.I scored a lot with such long smashes, but they didn't feel good. The hollow feel is still there, and there was no feedback or boom. The execution was completed fast and the shuttle landed fast, and that's all. ( I guess that made the receiver hard to time the shuttle as well ) Swing fast is the key for 11Q to smash hard ( the movement of the whole body must be fast ). 1/21

Clear: Good but nothing special, much easier than 10Q and that's all. It's totally like what I did with 4u AX88DP. It has everything,
    yet nothing special. ( It should be pretty good news for a speed racket though )

Conclusion : Fortius 11Q is a speed/control oriented racket for medium to high level players. While the control is the best, it still responds well to your power. Though the smash might not be as heavy as generated by those "sledge hammers", it still goes fast and deep enough to trouble your opponents. Drive and net-kills are what F11Q excels, and are the most advantageous way to attack with F11Q. Fast swing, best control, and a little holding make the defense flawless.

The feel of the shaft is perfect, between stiff and ex-stiff with super-fast recovery and great repulsion. The frame is pretty stiff with proper amount of holding that gives more control and power while maintaining fast and clean shots. Though the forgiveness is upgraded from F10Q, there's still some unstable about the frame which reveals when you mishit. The G6 handle makes the defense and fast response shots very easy, yet tends to elevate the unstable when mishit and to adds difficulty of generating brute force ( Force generating process must be very fast and precise ).

IMO, F11Q is a perfect racket if you like to defend and counter while still capable of a decent smash, and the idea is like the arc saber 11. It might not be a good choice if you are seeking for brute force.

2022/01/24

#2328 foo.tw, Jan 21, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
    Khamenman, jctai and hm_andhika like this.
  9. Gomit

Gomit Regular Member

nice review; thank you

10. MoonJogger

Can anyone give a review of mizuno fortius 90 ?

11. ritzdra

ritzdra New Member

Does it feel solid? What about speed and control?

12. Gomit

Gomit Regular Member

its hard to get reviews for 6U or 5U racquets. my Fortius50 is otw. i do have the fortius 20; beautiful racquet. 5UG6

MoonJogger likes this.
  13. MoonJogger

Very true. I was not a believer of light weight rackets till I used one and couldnt look back.

Fortius 50 swift ? Care for a review when u get it ?

Thanks

14. Gomit

Gomit Regular Member

sure things. my guess is like a 5u fortius10 power. and the fortius20 is a 5U fortius quick.
    well if you like how kenichi hayakwa plays and have small body strength, you gonna love these racquets.

15. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

I've bought an NF800 3ug5 recently. I thought it would be similar to FT-11Q, and I was wrong.
    The NF800 has more holding and thus better control in netting.
    11Q has better repulsion and defense.
    Speed and smash is similar.
    NF800 has flatter drive, and 11Q has faster drive.

16. Gomit

Gomit Regular Member

Fortius 50 swift is a 5u astrox100zz. Feel, weight just like an unstring 4U astrox100zz.

17. Tabatchu

Tabatchu Regular Member

You are spot on. Holds the same for NF800 3u and F10Q as well.

18. ritzdra

ritzdra New Member

Mizuno Jpx 7 Fury 4ug5
    String : Aerobite Boost @ 27lbs

This is a midrange racket from mizuno, price is 1,3 mils IDR (about 91 usd). Not sure if its japan made or china. Balance point is 295 and its rated as stiff by mizuno. I have aeronaut 9000c, astrox 100zz 4u, astrox 99pro 4u, and my go to racket is the 99pro. Compared to those racket, the jpx 7 fury is 3rd in stiffness after 100zz and 99 pro, while an9000c is a medium flex racket. In this review i will compare the jpx 7 fury mostly with the 99pro.

Clear : 8/10
    It's easy and quite effortless. Nothing special but nothing to complain as well. Being less head heavy than the 99pro, i thought that i will need to hit harder. Surprisingly, i don't. It's as easy as the 99 pro.

Smash : 9/10
    Well this is really surprising for me. Coming from 99pro and 100zz, the jpx 7 fury doesn't fall behind in the smash department. It's on par with the 99pro IMO while a tad behind 100zz (especially when you hit cleanly). The fury is just a tiny bit less stiff than 99pro, but the feeling i get when i smash is quite different. Smashing with the fury is somewhat more fun, swings a bit faster, and less tiring.

Feeling and handling : 8,5/10
    IMO this is a friendly racket, quite easy to use. When i hit the stringbed with my hand, i can feel more vibration compared to the 99pro and 100zz. But when i play with it, it does feel quite solid, more solid than the 99pro. Can't really describe why tho, it's just a weird feeling.

Control (slice, drop, net) : 7/10
    It's good, but the 99pro is on another level for sure. Nothing special for the fury in this department.

Defense : 8,5/10
    Again, despite being a tiny bit less stiff than the 99pro, the fury seems to be faster and easier to defend with. Maybe because it's less head heavy than the 99pro?

For its price, the jpx 7 fury is a winner for me. I've been using the 99pro for about 4 months and i love it so much. But now the jpx 7 fury is my main racket, it's easier to use, feels somehow more solid, a bit faster, and i can basically generate the same power but less tiring. The 99pro is only better for control. The jpx 7 fury is an excellent all around racket with a reasonable price tag.

19. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

If you like JPX, try JPX 8.9 out.
    I think 8.9 is the best JPX so far.

20. ritzdra

ritzdra New Member

I've tried the jpx 8.9, jpx 5 blitz, jpx reserve edition, and jpx 8 power (few session). For me personally, jpx 7 fury>>jpx reserve edition>>jpx 8.9>>jpx 8 power>>jpx 5 blitz.
    I'll give jpx 8.9 a try again next time (for a longer session). Thanks