Malaysia Open Grand Final

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2005 / Malaysia Open 2005' started by sunzhi, Jul 9, 2005.

1. crosstrainer

crosstrainer Regular Member

IT consultant
    i agree about lcw playing the game of his life tonight... he played well, and he fed off the crowd's energy quite efficiently. he knew when to step up, he knew when to coast, and he knew when to hammer lin dan when he saw the latter get buggered by off-calls.

he played really intelligently. not many players can do that against lin dan. :D

2. KourKK

KourKK Regular Member

hmmm.. so now that LCW has won the open, how does this effect his placing in the world rankings? since he dropped to 8th after SO, what will he be on now? and this goes the same for the other winners, Will Candra/Sigit move to World number 1's?

3. KourKK

KourKK Regular Member

i think that the arrival of LiMao has had its improvements dont you think? :D

4. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    mm.... that is still inconclusive...
    poor results in AE/JO/SO though....

5. KourKK

KourKK Regular Member

he has probably taken time to adapt, compare his repertoir of shots today, and at all england, now he has his cross net shots, sharp smashes, etc etc.

6. jack27

jack27 Regular Member

Hi, anyone in Singapore record down today match?
    Hope can borrom from you... too bad for me did not apply SCV..
    PM me.. thx in advance...

7. wl2172

wl2172 Regular Member

Lee CW has certainly improved, but what about Wong CH and Kuan BH?

Are they also under LI mao?

8. wl2172

wl2172 Regular Member

Thanks for your impartial view, I think Lee CW took his chances well today. Maybe new technology to help line calls can be intrduced in SO next year?

9. roquejo

roquejo Regular Member

Can't believe Lin Dan lost

10. rwchen

rwchen Regular Member

Thanks for your sincere comment. Winning and losing is part of game , let's look forward to more nail-biting matches in the World Championship.

11. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I hope he will not be another Kampung Champ.

12. juz_me

juz_me Regular Member

yeah!! chong wei won!! but kinda pity lin dan ...

13. maxwellian

maxwellian Regular Member

Me too- I love to watch this. Anyone can upload?

14. unregistered

unregistered Regular Member

While lin dan was walkin to receive the medal, i saw him throw a chair aside when it was in his way. He probably was disappointed...

15. Steven

Steven Regular Member

Lee Chong Wei is now rank No $ in the world. Just slightly behind Peter Gade. His point is 25575.32 + 42000 = 29775.32 . Go chong wei . I will pray for u to win the world championship.

16. ants

ants Regular Member

Lin dan wasnt happy with his performance. But i have to salute Lee chong Wei . He has beaten the best players so far in this Open like Taufik , Bao and now Lin Dan.

17. kokcheng

kokcheng Regular Member

You are absolutely right.The line call were all made in fairness.If there any bad calls at all,it wasn't called to give lcw an unfair advantage.On the other hand lin was trying to be the linesman.His cockiness is one of the reason he lost to lcw.But there are so many good points why lcw wins tonight.He fought as hard as he could.He refused to give when he was trailing.He has good skills.In fact everyone should be proud of this young talent from Malaysian for cracking the Great Wall of China.It's good for badminton.Nobody can be invicible all the time.When you lose,lose sportingly.

18. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

JUST WANT TO SAY "MALAYSIA BOLEH..........!!!!" LCW, you are the man, soooooooooo proud of you !

19. Badmincraze

Badmincraze Regular Member

Juz a couple of comments after running thru this thread.

I've watched the MS finals 1st game only (cos i haf to go for an appt, quite reluctantly) n bad line calls haf oredi been called twice in the 1st game. Not to mention the others as stated by u guys here in the following 2nd n 3rd games. Personally, i haf no preference as to who shld win, but i think it's relatively unfair to Lin Dan. All this affects a player's emotions n mentality in a game, no matter how strong a player is mentally. futhermore, it's home ground to Lee... Hence, the result of this MS is 'not' that convincing, not that i think Lin Dan is unbeatable. But to be beaten under this type of situation... :confused:

As for this MO, i haf a couple of comments. Talking abt using technology to judge line calls, they are still using manual scoring wif ppl sitting next to number plates to record the scores! Couple of mistakes in scoring i noticed during the Semi's !! The worst part of the event is... THE FLOOR MAT !!! It keeps coming off!! Imagine Fu slipped and fell bcos of that yesterday! That posed as a threat in the game as players were sort of 'scared' of going near that corner. Even today, Chen Qiqiu also fell for the trap! Wat preparation work is that for a 4* event?! Rather disappointing... :(

20. ants

ants Regular Member

Too bad for the line calls and floor matts coming off. Too bad it came off during televised matches. I know and saw some 5* to 6* tournaments having the Floor matt coming off. Anyway its a learning process for every organisers. Of course Msian open is not as good as Spore Open event. I hope Msian Organisers can learn from the recently concluded Aviva Open and also learn more from the upcoming WCs.