A completely new badminton club will be opened soon in Richmond Hill

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by markhamplayer, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

I wish they can come up with a pass where it can be used at all this new club, Lees and mandarin. :p

2. devilcat

devilcat Regular Member

Dream on......... :D :D :D ! Then they need to compromise if the dressing code should be "coloured permitted" or "white top" before handling the rest of the details .........:D :D :D

3. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

make it pink shirt only! that's gonna cute lol :p

4. devilcat

devilcat Regular Member

January.......February........March! I want Gang and Yan to come fast! Cannot stand Mandarin sacastic wearing WHITE .........Cannot stand Lees being communist dictatorship like a kite! :D Will this new club bring us new hope, joy, freedom and more free courts, like a human should always be respected! Happy New Year everyone!

5. charzord

charzord Regular Member

Student
    That...was one of the most optimistic upbringing posts I have ever seen, althoguh I wouldn't have mind suffering under "communist" rule nor sarcastic white clotehs wearer for a while...if I had the cash to train at those places.:p:p

6. chanman87

chanman87 Regular Member

Banker
    is that 80% white shirt detail really taht big with everyone??
    cuase if u play competitive high school or OBA tourney's they do have dress codes as well
    so i dont see that much of a problem about a 80% white dress code

7. chessymonkey

chessymonkey Regular Member

comp tech
    it is not a problem if the majority badminton community agrees that white is the only way to go. Which is not the case we have today, as badminton is getting more and more popular, ppl are happy seeing outfits that apeals to the more general public. As much as we enjoy our rackets colorful paint job, we also enjoy watching the unique design outfits that pro players wear on international competitions. Sporting companies see profitable opportunities and in return sponsor more and bigger tournments and in the end making badminton more apealling to a bigger mass public.
    If that is the case then "why not?"

8. westwood_13

westwood_13 Regular Member

Student
    I disagree... I HATE the all whites rule at many clubs. White shorts that fit are extremely difficult to find, not to mention many tourneys and sponsors give away coloured clothing anyway!

9. devilcat

devilcat Regular Member

One simple way to find out is it that big of a deal with 80% white top: Take a look at the market of Badminton fashion regardless of the brand nowadays. Do you see more colour badminton clothing or white clothing? I don't understand why the dressing code of these "new" clubs still going along with the old-fashion "Canadian" club. I hope someone can give me a reasonable answer to this! :(

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    one of the suggestion on the 'how to make badminton more popular' thread is seeing more colorful apparel wore by players and even an old stoggie IBF welcomed this idea.

hmmm, i wonder what would they say if guys comes in all wearing wifebeaters.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wifebeater_(shirt)

I have seen players go to tournament in very worn white t-shirt that has an greyish to tannish off-white tint due to many usage and washings. Quite gross looking imo.

#30 cooler, Jan 29, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  11. ibm88

ibm88 Regular Member

There is a history behind the white clothing and it all started in England. To make it short, England had this disease called the plague and they determined it was caused by uncleanliness. If you wore dark clothing and it was dirty you would not see it. If you saw somebody dressed in white with yellow and brown stains and smells would you play with them? That is why white is mandatory. Check the history books

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

we use to burn witches and drain blood as cure to many ills too.:rolleyes:

#32 cooler, Jan 29, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  13. asphyxiate

asphyxiate Regular Member

The white shirt thing is really not that bad... sure I prefer not to wear white but the establishments set the rules and if you want to play there then you follow the rules. If you don't want to.. then just don't go there.

Not to mention you can get white t-shirts for like $5 anywhere :p.

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

errh, all white mean white short and shoes too:rolleyes:

15. devilcat

devilcat Regular Member

There are plenty of players in the club that I'm playing at wear greyish-white worn-out top! Good point there, cooler! So a private club can turned out looking like a community centre! OMG! I hope the owner of those club can see this post! :D :D

16. ibm88

ibm88 Regular Member

There was no offence intended in my last reply, but sometimes old rules die hard and to keep out the rift raft. Different sport different clothing, you don't see basketball players wearing polo shirts, or soccer players wearing tank tops and you won't see Lin Dan playing with a tank top and baggy shorts no matter what colour it is.

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

we aren't debating type of clothing. It is the color code that is at issue and t-shirt is part of badminton attire. I'm saying even with the white color code, it doesnt guarantee quality of attire.

At one private club i sometime go to, they changed the rule and now allow colored shorts and retain white tops. I think this is a sound compromise. Having white attire doesn't change the quality of people signing up or their attitude later on the court.

18. ibm88

ibm88 Regular Member

Yes you are right colour of clothing does not guarantee a good attitude. What I meant was the tradition of white clothing is an old rule and the people that open these clubs grew up with these rules and it is hard for them to change.

19. charzord

charzord Regular Member

Student
    Okay guys.......HOW THE HELL IS IT HARD TO FIND WHITE TSHIRTS AND SHORTS (Fyi, shoes can be ANY badminton shoes. There is no rule for shoes, as long as they're indoors....for all the clubs I know anyways)

White shorts----$10 at walmart/ winners
    White t-shirt (dri-fit) -----$ 15 at winners, or $5 for cotton at walmart

Wasn't that hard was it? The game is way more important than what you wear.

20. asphyxiate

asphyxiate Regular Member

Well said :D.

I like how this thread went completely off on a tangent about clothing..