Victor TK F Enhanced 4U vs Yonex Astrox 88D Pro 4U

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Lim Beng Ee, Apr 4, 2022.

1. beno22

beno22 Regular Member

I am seriously considering the AS 88 DP 4u in addition to my TK F Fe 4u.

Do you know if the AS 88 dp 4u is much stiffer and more tiring than my TK F FE 4u?

THANKS

2. Raju

Raju Regular Member

I have both in 4U weight, 88D pro is not as stiff as TKFE. But it's head heavy, because of this it won't be as fast as TKFE. Since it's not crazily stiff it's not tiring as much as 99d pro or 100zz.

3. beno22

beno22 Regular Member

Thank you

So AS 88dp 4 u is not too tiring?

Which of the two do you prefer?

4. Raju

Raju Regular Member

88D pro is not tiring and I would say it's forgiving as well.
    My first preference is always 88D pro, after few games or if my opponent is good at fast paced flat games I will go with TKFE.

5. beno22

beno22 Regular Member

Who could compare me the Astrox 88dp 4u and the Auraspeed 90k II 3u power level, manoeuvrability and are they tiring ?

6. imataquito

imataquito New Member

Used both 88dp AB @28 and TKFE 66um @20-21 for many games. Different strings different tension. Find that there was still decent control despite the low tension with TKFE. 88dp exb63 @24 was a nightmare to control. Using TKFE for easy power and lazy games while the 88dp is good to get warm or challenge myself to work harder. Overall TKFE does feel faster but power wise is hard to tell due to the different strings and tension. Once I break the strings and equalise the parameters I'll report back.

7. Kaydee

Kaydee Regular Member

So this thread and many others talking about this racket has given enough of a push to make me take the plunge to buy this racket. Now after 3 very sessions I can say that this is indeed a very good racket. The swing is quite fast. It is faster than the 88DP, and the 77Pro mentioned in this thread. I would say it's close to an even balanced racket when it comes to swing speed. But what surprised me about the racket is its deceptive power. I think with the combination of the sword frame at the top and the freecore handle, you don't get the feel that this is a head-heavy racket. It's not overwhelming. But enough to kill shuttles from the rear court given decent technique.

And though the shape of the frame is quite small, I don't mishit too often like I sometimes still do with my 100zz. I think this has to do with the more square-ish shape towards the top of the racket.

AraKyra likes this.
  8. AraKyra

AraKyra New Member

I have both as88dp and 90k ii, both in 4u, but the 88dp is in g6 grip.
    As88dp with hybrid string 28x30lbs
    90k ii, exbolt 65 27x29lbs

Power, as88dp wins
    Maneuverability, 90k ii
    Control, 90k ii

My arm gets tired after 2 or 3 games with the astrox, but with the 90k ii, i can play as much as i want in 3 hours window time.

pootisfoib likes this.
  9. TongYunLo

TongYunLo New Member

So I came from using the 88dp 4ug5 and have now made the switch over to the TKF-E in 4ug5. I use both of them with BG65ti at 30lbs for consistency purposes. I would say the 88dp is a good racket for those who enjoy playing in the backcourt and have proper form and strength to generate power for smashes. It is a fast racket, but no where near as fast as the TKF-E. My arm and shoulder used to get tired from using the 88dp for extended sessions (2+ hours of playing) but with the TKF-E I have no issues at all. Overall, I prefer the TKF-E as I have traded raw power for speed, maneuverability and defense. In fact, the TKF-E is better suited for all around players that have good form and overhead technique. It is important to note that the shaft flexibility is also different. 88dp is more stiff than the TKF-E. It took me almost 1-2 weeks to get used to the timing with the TKF-E.

Power:
    88dp > TKF-E by a slight margin.

Speed:
    TKF-E > 88dp

Maneuverability:
    TKF-E > 88dp

Defense:
    TKF-E > 88dp

Control:
    TKF-E > 88dp. This is subjective as this can change with the types of strings you use. The freecore handle is very forgiving and once you get used to the dull feeling, it is quite easy to control where the shuttle goes.

pootisfoib likes this.