Victor TK F Enhanced 4U vs Yonex Astrox 88D Pro 4U

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Lim Beng Ee, Apr 4, 2022.

1. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

I own both rackets currently, personally TKFE hits harder and is slightly faster than the 77, but I very much prefer the 77 because its more all rounded and great for mid court.

When timed properly, the TKFE excels on powerful shots. But the smaller head shape makes it more prone to mishits, Victor rackets are also more fragile compared to box framed Astroxes.

77 is more forgiving and easier power generation because of the even balance + head weight. Yes it is slower than the TKFE, but how fast do you need a racket to be? I like the weight and maneuverability of the 77 because its easier for me to guide the shuttle and the head weight helps my muscle memory for those slight actions more consistent

2. Kaydee

Kaydee Regular Member

I have the Fortius 10 Quick and the 77 Pro, and I slightly prefer the feel of the 77 Pro better, perhaps due to the stiffer shaft. I do feel that is slightly slower than the 10Q, but the 77 Pro has better power delivery.

That is not to say that the 10Q is not good on power. Clears with 10Q are effortless, but somehow I feel that the smashes coming from the 77 Pro has more 'oomph' than the 10Q.

Do however take my observation with a grain of salt as they are strung with different strings.

EDIT: All these talk has me itching to buy the TKF-E because I want to feel a 'free-core' racket. I have been contemplating the TKFE or the new 90KII. Now I may lean more towards the TKFE

#42 Kaydee, Feb 27, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
  3. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

Wait, you say 77 Pro is stiffer than 10Q? :eek:
    Regarding freecore, I have 2 rackets with freecore: Auraspeed 100X and Ryuga 2. You will either like it or hate it :D It took me some times to get used to it, but I welcome the vibration-less when you hit the shuttle. People also say it is better for your muscles and joints

4. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

This reminds me that I have 2 friends in my club who own both 77 and 77 Pro and they prefer 77 (not the Pro)

5. Swat

Swat Regular Member

I thought the TKFE had a larger head - or is it just longer?

6. Kaydee

Kaydee Regular Member

Yes i would say so slightly. But i think what i need to do is do a straight comparison with the same string. The 77 Pro of mine is strung with Exbolt 65, while the 10Q is on Nanogy 98. Hitting with the 10Q somewhat feels damped a bit. I like the direct feel of the 77 pro better. Sadly I've never tried the OG 77 because when I was on the market for an easy mode racket, the Pro model already came out.

7. Andreas Kihlgren

Andreas Kihlgren Regular Member

Longer vertically but smaller horizontally

Swat likes this.
  8. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

but like miles longer :) and not that narrow

9. Mikkel Press-Stevn

Mikkel Press-Stevn Regular Member

I would really not compare the AX77 (non-pro I haven't tried the new pro model) to TKF-E.

The AX77 is much more flexible in the shaft then TKF-E imo. The AX77 is easy to play with and generates a lot of power, but for fast racket movement it is quite slow.
    Personally I hated the AX77 as I always felt the head of the racket was 1 second behind where I wanted it to be due to it being more flexible. This is not a problem I have had with the TKF-E - but this also means that is do require more timing and technique to generate power, but I would say that this is less then what the 88DP requires.

I would personally recommend the AX77 for players with okay technique but whom might need more help from the racket to generate power.

But just to throw in a curveball: have you considered Victor 100X?

10. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

Since I have both Ars100X and 88DP, I can confirm that Ars100X is indeed faster than 88DP! But since I never tried 88S/88SP, I cannot say regarding the power comparison between the 2..

I love my Ars100X :D although I wished it was a little bit head-heavier..

11. dtjovan

dtjovan Regular Member

deleted - apologise as it seem irrelevant.

#51 dtjovan, Mar 3, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2023
  12. NickifiedNg

I used the Ars100x 4U and found it too light and fast for me. Struck gold when playing with a 100x 3U instead, the speed was still there plus it hit harder and the additional weight makes it easier to control the shuttle. Sadly it broke on me and I moved back to my Astrox 77 OG

13. Swat

Swat Regular Member

It would be interesting to see a comparison between the 3U 100x and the 4U Ax77 (and the 4U Ax88DP) :)

14. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

I have both 3U 100X and 4U 88DP. What part do you want to know more?

15. Swat

Swat Regular Member

Well, I know 88DP well, and I understand these are quite different types of rackets, but does 100x feel similar in weight when swinging?
    Difference in user-friendlyness?
    Where does the 100x shine the most and what is lacking?

16. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

Between the 3U 100X and 4U 88DP, the 100X feels heavier when holding it but when you swing it you can feel it has ligher-head weight. On the other hand, the 88DP feels lighter when holding it but when you swing it, I wouldn't call it head-heavy but more nice and evenly distributed. In terms of user friendliness, 100X wins hands down. You can feel it has big sweet spot, fast (due to its aero frame), and accurate (due to its stiffness), all while having amazing repulsion (both are repulsion type rackets unlike 11Pro).

If you ask me, what I love from 100X are its repulsion, big sweet spot, fast, easy to play, and very smooth and clean feeling when you hit the shuttle. It's not like hollow or dampen feeling, but more like vibration-less kind of feeling. I have never feel something like this from any other racket, including from Ryuga 2 that also use freecore, and I love it!

I only have 1 part that I don't like and that is its head-lightness. If it was just a little bit head heavier, it would be a perfect racket for me (and for many people)

17. Swat

Swat Regular Member

Sounds like my experience with the auraspeed 90s :) Maybe 100x is a bit stiffer, though?
    90k/90k ii might have been even better then?

18. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

Unfortunately I don't have any experience with 90S/90K/90Kii

19. beno22

beno22 Regular Member

I plan to take the astrox 88D pro 4u for single and mixed.
    But I'm afraid it's too stiff.
    Currently I have the TK FE 4u for the 3 tables, I would keep it for the men's doubles.
    The rigidity of the astrox compared to the TK FE is how?
    I have no problems with the victor, I previously had the astrox 77 3u and the JS 12 3u no problem either. But I got the auraspeed 90k 3u which was a bit too stiff for me
    Thanks

20. NickifiedNg

I haven't gotten my hands on the 90K ii, but I heard it's very popular in Taiwan. I believe it isn't as stiff feeling as the OG 90K. Or else the Ryuga ii which i have tried for a single session feels like the Thruster F, but with a little more flex.