Uber Cup 2008 - May 17 - Final - INA vs CHN

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2008' started by Erwin Kyoto, May 15, 2008.

1. chemile

chemile Regular Member

Congratulation to China, retain the Uber Cup for 6 times in a row. I also congrat to INA team. All players show high spirit eventough we all know that The Great Wall is very very tough to be toppled down. I am really really proud with you all, I think all of Indonesian people, too. It doesn't matter you lost, but in my heart you are the best... Specially for Lilyana/Vita, the match is really really interesting. Nice try, you may do better in Beijing..... Tetap Semangat!!!!
    Gresyia, woww.... you are really cute and nice.. I like you ;)

2. fd16n

fd16n Regular Member

Good and expected final match, especially the memorable enthralling first double match which i want to collect the recording if any:) That match shows fighting spirit and great technique by both pairs. Crowd give great appreciation by staying much after the ties end eventhough home team is losing. Anyway congrats to China to win Uber Cup and Indonesia to reach final and show great team spirit

3. masjoko

masjoko Regular Member

i want maria kistin pic....

4. yen_saw

yen_saw Regular Member

Engineer
    Where will the next Uber cup be?

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

A bit off topic-^^Word has it..^^

..(and according to news report) the 2010 Thomas & Uber Cup Finals will be held in Kuala Lumpur, MAS...:)
    So, better get ready for another get-together, M'sian BCers...;):cool:

6. yen_saw

yen_saw Regular Member

Engineer
    Cool............

7. kinoko

kinoko Regular Member

congrats to team uber china. awesome team with serious skills. on the other hand... team uber ina, U ROCKZZZZ!!!!!! big thumbs up to all. great play by vita/natsir. i reckon that was one of the best match. i must say team thomas ina could learn something from the gals.

on the other hand correct me if im wrong, were the ina guys team there to support them? i could make it there so i can only watch from tv. all i see was all the chinese players, the guys and gals standing there in a bunch cheering... but not the same for ina?... no?

8. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Vita/Lilyana almost shocked Yang/Zhang yesterday, they really showed all out performance, a top-level match was displayed by both pairs.

About the singles, yeah must recognize CHN superiority here. Maria and Firda have high difficulties to balance Xie Xingfang and Lu Lan. UBER Cup is still staying in China but INA team has created new hope with runner-up position for this time edition...

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I am really proud of our gals! We know Team China is far more superior in their singles and rightly, they took the 2 pts from Xie Xingfang and Lu Lan (the decider pt to clinch the Uber Cup).

But, what a performance from Vita Marissa/Lilyana Natsir yesterday! They really pushed Yang Wei/Zhang Jiewen to the limit. Full credits to them because all these while, they lost meekly to the Olympics and World Champions. This time though, they were up for it and even won the second set 21-19. In the third set, they were trailing 2-12, but, they refused to give up and against all odds, they managed to level it to 14-14, and even took the lead at 15-14. Eventually, they lost only because of slight lapse of concentration right at 16-15 when a shot was ruled out to let the Chinese pair came back to the match and won the rubber-set 21-16. Overall, it was perhaps one of the most exciting and intense WD match of the week and the INA gals deserved all the applause and cheers, even though they lost the match.

It was a successful Uber Cup campagin for the INA gals, under the guidance of Susy Susanti and Elizabeth Latief. Team spirit was high and everyone was in unison, regardless of winning or losing. However, the same can not be said for the INA guys. They really need to learn from the gals in this aspect :eek::cool:

10. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Yes, it was very interesting, had they won it Vita/Lilyana would have set a new record for winning while trailing with the biggest gap (2-11). But we noted that from midway thru 2nd game, Vita was tiring. From then on there were instances when shots were not getting picked up as both INA girls thought the other was going to take it.

11. Erwin Kyoto

Erwin Kyoto Regular Member

badMania..welcome back to BC again ...u didnt post at all since INA TC lost to KOR...:p

12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I did post on Friday and Saturday in case u didn't notice :cool:

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..the INA's TC guys were probably too nervous to sit together and support their UC team (like other teams); maybe because they're the host teams??...Even after the INA's UC team's win over the GER team (in the Semis), we could see Pia going into the stand and hugging Markis and their relatives. Yep, Markis was sitting with his parents/relatives...:p;)

14. Erwin Kyoto

Erwin Kyoto Regular Member

ups ..iya kah.:D....just want us keep posting though our INA TC lostttttttt:p

15. Ningtyas

Ningtyas Regular Member

That's why Susi said that the girls should not be 'dianaktirikan' any more. They have proved their worth.

http://www.kompas.com/kompascetak.php/read/xml/2008/05/18/0056570/sektor.putri.jangan.dianaktirikan

16. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Btw, who's Elizabeth Latief, what she look like?

And congrats to China for winning yet again, the Indonesia gals for giving their best.

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

This is her..

...she is the one standing, on the top row, 2nd from right. In the TV3 webstream, she's often seen sitting next to Susy Susanti.

She and Susy are also business partners, operating a Reflexology business in Jakarta.
    http://old.thejakartapost.com/yesterdaydetail.asp?fileid=20040524.S01

Attached Files:

#397 ctjcad, May 18, 2008
    Last edited: May 18, 2008
  18. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Ohhhh, like that got see. She came out to hug the gals after they won Semi agaisnt Germany. I thought she's Susy Susanti.
    The middle aged guy in the prize presentation (the only guy inthe pic you posted), is he chief coach/team manager ?
    Oh yeah, also the guy with the moustache in Finals. He came up to the gals each time they finish a match.

19. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    That moustache most probably belongs to our Minister of Youth and Sport, Mr. Adhyaksa Dault.

20. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I just met a BWF official. He said 95% chance, it will be Kuala Lumpur 2010 Thomas and Uber Cup Finals... ;) BWF initally tried to separate the Thomas Cup and Uber Cup apart... but nobody wanted the Uber Cup. So... they said: forget it... the current system stays! :p