The Real Story Behind Taufik and Lin Dan

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2006 - Badminton' started by quisitor, Dec 11, 2006.

1. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

You should have seen LD's fear of Taufik in their last MSF in SO here. LD's was so afraid he couldn't play his badminton cos he was frozen so he got thrashed. However, the good news is LD no longer fear Taufik.
    The bad news is if LD meets Taufik before MSF, he 's unlikely to win the title.Reason being LD gets mentally washed out after playing Taufik (provided the match is completed of course) .Taufik's playing style is so hard to predict, LD has to be mentally alert throughout the whole match. So it's PSH's gift to meet and beat a mentally drained LD in MO07. That's why even after beating Taufik in JO06,looking at his pose standing on the winner's podium, he seemed mentally too tired to realise or celebrate his victory.
    And what should LD say when Taufik don't turn up, other than missing a challenge? 'Great! Then I have one less worry!' LD is quite media savvy like Taufik so the media are not going to get the whole truth out of him.You know who are not media savvy? MAS players.The media usually strip them naked.

2. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

3. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    Agreed..Tat's y i like to c TH plays!!;)
    But he can't juz giv up the game bcos he hate the judgement!!Actually in every competition,there will be unfair judgement!!But it doesn't mean tat TH wil lost bcos of tis!!As a top player,we should think like tis 'I can win with my skill,my ability'!!

#83 Felicia_txh, May 26, 2007
    Last edited: May 26, 2007
  4. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Guys, guys... er... I don't mean to be rude, but... you guys are still posting on the 2006 Asian Games thread... It's May 2007 today... Sudirman Cup coming up... Let's discuss Taufik Hidayat vs. Lin Dan there... a more updated discussion of the present in a 2007 thread... :)

Sorry, this is just my own humble opinion... Please don't kill me... :eek:

5. kimpe_bultang

kimpe_bultang Regular Member

hmmm, athlete and student
    Krisna, maybe we'll just grill you?? LOL.. Well, Felicia_txh, it's just Taufik's nature to hate those kind of unfairness.. Although Taufik's and Boonsak's type of game is almost the same, but Boonsak is much more patient than Taufik.. Maybe the nature of Thai ppl?? :) :) During S'pore Open 07, Boonsak was irritated by the line judge twice, but he kept on playing.. If it was Taufik, the game would stop right there... :D :D

6. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    yes,this boonsak guy got some talent in him.Taufik's unstable emotions will be his "boomerang".LD's similar temper n unfriendly personality will also makes him as someone who is only good in badminton but no fans will stand up for him,and slowly will walk away from him.Then,boonsak,if he keeps his effort n good personality,he'll slowly stand up in the podium,holding trophies.But it'll only happend if he keeps improving.

#86 Smichz, May 29, 2007
    Last edited: May 29, 2007