the newbie

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Anatolii, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    Thank you for your hearful careto him.
    Don't worry! We treat our son very much like a friend. We are very used to doing similiar thing together, just like a "pretentious play"!!!

2. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    1 Please read the second question from my first post in this thread.

2 I am working as a CPA, consultant(ie. accounting, tax, audit). My specialty is US tax. People pays me to ask for opinion or research for recommendation.

3 In my job, I need to communicate a lot with top executives from top University MBA Graduate like Harvard, Standford, Northwestern, MIT, U Penn, New South Wales, Hong Kong U, CHinese U, Cambridge etc.

4 I need to intensively communicate with them, and I must be careful and I can't let them look down upon me. If they don't trust me, I might loose business.

5 Anatollii, I just compare the overall impression from my clients and you. You have high potential to be a great star:D . As a professioanl consultant, I can't be wrong. Your IQ must be very high!

6 Work hard to get into University. Better be a famous U and get a professional degree.

7 With Bio + Chem + Math; better go to study Rubber, Nano, Fuel, Bio-Chem

God has blessed you already.

3. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

hmmm... ... .... ... ... ... ...
    i must still ask how you came to the believe that i have high level of intelligence. :confused:

4. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    I formed my opinion from reading your 40+ posts. OK here it goes:

1 Excellent command of language(most highly intelligent people have good language; sadly to say, IQ test is a test of language primarily plus testing some of this and that).
    2 High sense of humor. (according to Marslow, a psychologist; most of the self-actualization persons are somewhat humorous) My understanding is dump guy is dump and can't expect any humor from them.
    3 I can see the Passion in your writing(most of the successful people are with passions for this or that; but you need to develope your passion into a constructive and balanced way; like rubber, nano, chem)
    4 Able to spot weakness in other's writing and teased them accordingly, which mean you can think critically(this is one of the most important attribute for success. The highly intellegent people can spot the diff in very compicated situation, especially the "weakness" It requires a lot for a brain to distiguish what is poor, poorer, good, gooder, gooderest, better, betterest, best, bester, bestest............................................................. )
    5 Aware that I got sometime. Again, pay attention to minor details is some very good thing.
    6 I must also tell you that I major in Sociology and minor in Psychology, got an MBA and passed the CPA eaxm and has a lot of "fight" in Business with Top Executives for many years. So I am used to spoting "talent" on a daily basis. You are one.:)
    7 Work hard to achieve your full potential.:D

#44 redkingjoe, Nov 28, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2004
  5. laughable c.

laughable c. Regular Member

to burn a hole(s) in my seat - more difficult than
    sorry, anatolii, for the extreme irrelevance of this post. but i just can't resist asking redkingmoe: how old is your son? please excuse my strong curiosity.

6. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

i must confess my written english is much better than my spoken english.

i'd analyse the rest of the points you gave, but i've got class now. gotta run.

7. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    He is now 12 and studying at Secondary 1.:D

8. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

i'm fine with it. actually, i've always been very much amused by your posts. :p

9. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

i'm fine with it. actually, i've always been very much amused by your posts. :p thanks for the email. i'll be more vigilant in future.:)

10. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

I've just completed an IQ test. my score was in the range of 'Above the population average, but in the normal range' score.
    according to an article from another source, i would be under the threshold of: May graduate from college but generally, not with grades that would qualify them for graduate school. :D lol! hmmm...:D

you lost me there.:eek:

11. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    1 You really did an IQ test!! Do it hurt your feelings?

2 IQ tests are mostly constructed and prepared for the WESTERN society to serve the westeners. A lot of the questions are for the Westen Culture specific. If an Asian takes a IQ test, simply can't interpret. There are too many fallacies in an IQ tests.

3 If you really want to do an IQ test, I can create one for you here:

1+1=?

4 Don't trust it. Trust me. You will be a star on the things that you really want to do.

12. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

1 no. in fact, i'm much relieved by it! :D i've the intelligence of a NORMAL human being. and above the average population, too.;)

2 well, the test i just took was fairly simple to comprehend. some requires knowledge of a little history though.

3 hmmm.. after THAT question you posed, i seriously QUESTION your notion of IQ!!:D :D

13. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    1+1 is a very difficult question to answer. It was a question asked by my former Professor. Since you didn't dare to answer, I give you some of the standard answer to the Q:

a) 1+1=2
    b) 1+1=1
    c) 1+1=11

14. laughable c.

laughable c. Regular Member

to burn a hole(s) in my seat - more difficult than
    uh? *raises eyebrows* i thought you said she was an intelligent, promising youth? :p now, you have no confidence in her to answer a simple math question? since you didn't dare to give the right answer, it's Preeety obvious you haven't solved it, no?

#54 laughable c., Nov 29, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2004
  15. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    laughable,

No, no, no, you misunderstood me. I just pretended to tease on her.

This lady is indeed really super extra extremely extraordinary highly intelligent indeed indeed. She actually picked not to answer. This is a very very complicated question, and there is exactly no answer so "not-answering" is the correct answer. So she is correct. May be I should not tease her. Instead, to congratulate her.

16. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    1 So you believe in self-denial. I normally look at another person from a positive way. But this time we need to talk negatively. It's called "fear of success" of women.

2 According to Basic principal of elementary woman psychology, woman especially "from the East", had been brought up under "Strong Man cultrue". So when a woman, especially from the far East, knows that she is brilliant, she will try to do something like denial.

3 The act of completing an "inapporpiate" IQ test to testify one is not high-IQ serves two purposes here:
    a) "use" the test as "authority" to illustrate the "normal, average" claim to counter the "fear of success"
    b) the ablility to "use" "authority" shows the person who uses the "authority" is highly intelligent.

17. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

1 on the contrary, :D i am very far from suffering 'thefear of success' syndrome, if ever there was one. so i think i am speaking the whole truth and not attempting denial!!! i mean, why should i lie? right?:) :p

2 i can reassure you that the environ. of which i am brought up recognises and supports gender equality. :cool:

3 the act of sitting for the IQ test (regardless of whether it is the ultimate one or not) was just, i own, a desperate measure of illustrating to you that i'm not extremely brilliant whatsoever.

now are you satisfied?:D :D

but i'd still like you to expain what you meant by the words in bold (below):

#57 Anatolii, Nov 29, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2004
  18. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    OK. Somewhat satisfied.
    Originally Posted by redkingjoe
    3 I can see the Passion in your writing(most of the successful people are with passions for this or that; but you need to develope your passion into a constructive and balanced way; like rubber, nano, chem)
    5 Aware that I got sometime. Again, pay attention to minor details is some very good thing

1 redkingjoe is a name only.
    2 you study bio,chem,maths- so if you develop your passion in rubber technology, nanotechnology or chemical engineering, you certainly will excel with your smartness
    3 actully I refer to your "awareness" that I got some spare time. Please read your 15th post in this thread.

Best regards
    Red

19. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

you must mean my "nosiness"! it's very much less. :p

20. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    By the way, do you still play table tennis often?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.