the newbie

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Anatolii, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

WOW! you remember him since your primary school days? that's darn good memory.. is he like your chess-playing idol or something? :D i wish i could have as great a memory power :(

it depends on the 'extent' of rain, for me + where i am at the time of rain. say, when i'm under the comforts of a roof, i wouldn't mind (can even go so far as to say marvel) at thundering and lightning-streaked skies. but when on the road, no time for those man!! road accidents are something that scares me more than the thought of bubble tea .. bubbles (??!!) stucked in my throat.

AWWW ... don't fret... it's often when you don't look (too hard) that they come. ;)

2. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Well, I remember a lot of things I've during my primary school days, from the rubber seed helicopters to the canteen laksa that became a legend amongst the old boys of the place. Quite frankly, these are some of the things that we don't normally forget - and don't normally remember too. It was when I saw 'Anatolii' here that the word 'Karpov' came about as well.
    The only chess I play is the chinese variation - I'm absolutely rubbish in the international version.

That reminded me of the time when I was at the uni.
    My boarding room had the view of an almost unobstructed horizon, facing the large compound of basketball and volleyball court, as well as parking lots. There are times before the storm when lightning would flash in the sky, streaking like those photos and videos you see on National Geographic. I'd often just go next door to my friend's room, pull a chair facing the window and just watch as flashes of electricity light up the clouds like veins of human heart, listening to the radio.

Akhem, I used to say that to a few of my friends when we chat about matters of the heart and in many cases, it's true. Quite often the one we desire the most will eventually get out of reach while the one whom we have never thought about or often overlook would suddenly appear to be the one we end up with.

I think it's more of thing about being yourself - when a guy actively pursues a girl, he will normally go beyond himself by being extra-generous, extra-gentlemanly, extra-cheerful, extra-optimistic, extra-humourous, in order to impress her. Once they do get together, then the real person emerges and depending on the situation, suddenly he isn't who she once thought he was.

As for those who had been friends before, they get to see the person first hand - the real him or her and down the years, they learn to accept the other person as who he/she really is and perhaps would get to know of the true qualities in a more honest and sincere situation. And once they do get together, their friendship is already strengthened by honesty and trust.

Not that I think the act of adoring a girl is wrong but should be done without pretensions that the true person transforms into something else. I have to admit though, at this era of time, many aren't patient enough for this brand of lurrrve.

There I go again, talking too much. :)

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Bread is one of my fav band of all time, their ballads and melodies are quite deep and timeless.

As for rain storm experiences, there're hardly any large scale thunder/rain storm where i live. Good thing because i do enjoy jogging in light summer rains because the air is dustless and still somewhat energized (-ve). Call me crazy if u wish, one time at my fren house, we heard some thunders from the distance. Since we are bass nut, we climb up onto the roof of his house and lie there to audition nature's deep bass :) as the thunder clouds roll by. A great reference point of what real deep bass (<30 hz) should be :D and get to laugh at audio salesmans saying that their sub is the best, LOL

#103 cooler, Dec 13, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2004
  4. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Doing that could also send you to kingdom come F.O.C. if a stray lightning decided to just make a visit. Else, you could get a lollipop at the ear doctor's clinic. :)

Some of my friends actually thought I'm a little too old fashioned to listen to Bread or England Dan & John Ford Coley, but hey, good music is timeless, no? ;)

5. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

Absolutely! that's actually how my mother got 'tricked'!! :D by my dad's extra-ness during courtship :D really, one gets to know his/her partner a whole ton better when they live together. that's why i'll never be in a hurry to get married. every guy is perfect before marriage.

6. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    wilfredlgf & cooler,

i live in the 33th floor and really have a lot of chances to see thunders. when i'm alone, i'll go to the roof to feel the 30Hz deep bass with the "too beautiful to last " lightening. when my wife is here, she's so scared that she...:D
    (PS:you guys r so romantic. no wonder it's so enjoyable to read those posts that you guys left on this forum(i'm catching up with these 1365+5605 posts). my goal is to finish reading them all before end of the chinese new year.)

7. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c

yeah.... my mum says that as well.... :D :D :D

but im just glad they are doing fine. they've grown to accept each other for who they each really are..... :) but of course life is never a bed of roses. ;)

nice to meet you 'from the east'. any plans for you to 'journey to the west'?
    good luck in your A levels. where do you plan to study after that?

cheers

jug

8. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    to be exact: every guy and gal is perfect b/4 marriage:D

9. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

you should know... you live in HK on the 33th floor in :eek: the 'hurricane city'.

its odd but hurricanes seem to always travel from manila-taiwan-hk-and finally to lower japan. mutliple times annually :confused:

10. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

testing.. testing.. 1..2..3.

my lovely torte :D

oh my gosh it works !!! finally. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

#110 Anatolii, Dec 13, 2004
  11. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

cute..... does it bite?

and are you planning on releasing it when it gets bigger. in my city alot of people release their tortoise into a nice park pond where many other carps and other sort of fishes live. every evening ppl flock there to jog, eat, chat, and feed the fishies... and torts :D

some have actually written chinese wordings on the torts' shell... cant read chinese tho... :eek:

cheers.

jug

12. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    jug, sounds like u r a gal.(I confess, like i read fred, cooler's posts, i also have been reading yours but fail to recognize this!!!)

13. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    WHOOPS

Lovely! Fantastic!! Gorgeous!!!

From now on anatolii can help to ease dave's workload!!!! Send welcoming banners to "the newbie" to welcome them and they will not be frightened.:D

14. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

what in the world would give you that idea???? are you pulling the 'confuse' tactic again? im on to you pal.... :D:D:D

just cause im in touch with my feminine side aka emotions and etc... is no reason to to think im a female....

but i dont blame you tho.... i always prided myself in thinking i am the 'undiscovered country'..... coff coff :D

cheers

jug

15. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

hey thanks..just like its mommy!! (noooo!! nooo... just itchy tongued there) ...bites only when hungry.. or angry??!!
    which city d'you live in? where's that pond? i never thought of doing that. because where my cousin lives, she says, tortoises (or rather terrapins, like mine is) were seen dead floating in the polluted river.. ... it's just too wild out there (*shivers*)

16. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

kota kinabalu.... the idea is to release it in a park where no fishing is allowed.
    plus.... ponds are alot safer than open flowing rivers. look for recreational parks with protected ponds with 'peaceful' fish living in them.... like carps, kalui, catfish, and to some extent.... tilapias and flower horns....

tilapia, flower horns, and kaluis arent really aggresive if its abig pond with enough space for everybody.... coz they can be quite territorial.

thats why... its good to know! you :D (astro commercial)

jug

p.s. it would be extra better if the pond was not too 'far from home'so to speak. so you could pop by once a while to feed the fishies and torts and maybe even spot your 'all-grown-up-kid'.

#116 jug8man, Dec 13, 2004
  17. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    OK. The truth is out there. You've got exposed:

yeah.... my mum says that as well.... :D :D :D

Does it sound familiar that a girl says:

"every guy is perfect before marriage"

another gal says "yeah...my mum says that as well..."

#117 redkingjoe, Dec 13, 2004
  18. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

you forgot to close the quote REDDDD!!! :mad: :roll eyes: please rectify that before it's too late . :crying:

19. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    Anatonlii,
    Don't even think of releasing the torte in a "peaceful" fish pond unless you want the pond to be peaceful no more:
    1 torte eats fish
    2 torte swims faster than fish

Unless you are thinking about doing something like "birth control" for the fish.

20. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

i have to totally disagree with you on that... where on earth did you get that info. (dont worry cooler: ant will always be faster stronger and quicker ;) )

torts doesnt survive on meat alone. im sure anatolli knows this.

you want to see danger.... try releasing a couple of snakehead (aka the mighty tomans and haruans) and see fish stocks drop like flies

cheers.

jug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.