the newbie

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Anatolii, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

i find myself whispering to my torte. it's weird, i know, but it's a hard habit to kick off. maybe that's why it never responds -like you say yours do- whenever i bring myself to speak aloud to it. hmmm.. my father once tried a small bit of apple on torte, but no good response from it *shrugs shoulders*..... ... ... i guess oxidised apple flakes ARE not that appetising :rolleyes:

#141 Anatolii, Dec 14, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2004
  2. tcstay

tcstay Regular Member

student
    actually i whispered my troubles and secrets to my terrapin. the fact that it can't speak, let alone human language, makes it a good companion to talk to... it just listens to you silently, with its neck stretched out long... it seems to tell you that it understand what's been going on... hard to explain, and sounds absurd, but it's true. maybe that's why we feel that we have a special connection to our pets.

oh no no... u must feed it with fresh apples... and with the skin peeled.

3. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

i only tell my sorrows to my pillow (sometimes i ask myself; am i retarded??!!:D :D :D).

(p.s. you remind me of someone, tcstay. i just hope you're not .. that person)

4. tcstay

tcstay Regular Member

student
    haha, there's many people who do the so-called silly things... and pets are probably the best listeners in the whole world. everyone has their own problems and issues and they have to find their own outlet to seek refuge in.

i consider myself to be half-malaysian. haven't been to Muar to visit my grandma for a long time liao (both my parents are from Muar), and now it's the best time as i've served finished my National Service. going this coming Chinese New Year.

5. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c

you are right.... i used the wrong terminology.... turns out what i actually meant was 'typhoons'.

cheers mate

jug

6. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    You're even more precise, jug-san. 'Typhoon' is the more accurate terminology. A cyclone is a general word used to describe circular winds. :bowsmiley:

Aww... you're so... how do they call it - 'romantic'. Reminds me of the yesteryears when the only one you can talk to when the guy confuses or hurts you is to the teddy bear; where courtship is normally between two shy individuals, coupled with blushing red faces from teases and innocent smiles, drinking bottled Coke and watching a movie sans gratuitious *** and violence. ;)

You don't remember me
    But I remember you
    T'was not so long ago
    You broke my heart in two

Tears on my pillow
    Pain in my heart
    Caused by you

Dang, I'm stuck in a timewarp.
    Perhaps because I drive at an average speed of 90kmph daily, time passes much slower around me but zooms pass on the outside? :rolleyes:

Oh, I'm not that old, as Anatolii found out the other day. :)

7. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    don't be too worried. everybody knows that.:D indeed this has been repeatedly stated very clearly, directly or indirectly, in your various posts many many times indeed indeed. Please do a search.:D

#147 redkingjoe, Dec 14, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2004
  8. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

i first imagined him to be approx. twice his actual age (because of SOME *hint hint* of his posts!) :D :D heh, i'll just take his word for it.. i really don't have the patience nor the strong curiosity (not anymore) to rummage through his 1000+ posts.

9. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

*rolls on the floor with laughter* .. that's the last word i would ever think of to describe myself :D!!

"what's the most romantic thing you've ever done before you even had a boyfriend?" "i've spent many a sleepless night telling my inanimate PILLOw about my troubles"

#149 Anatolii, Dec 15, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2004
  10. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    Anatolii,
    I think you are romantic.(don't ask me to give you ten reasons now).

1 Romantic is a state of mind. But anyhow "a gal doesn't need to get a guy" or a "guy doesn't need to get a gal" to become romantic. That's diff from romance.

2 You really did tell your inanimate pillow about your trouble? Did you talk to your buddy or the problems are with your buddy? and those problems are not suitable for discussing with parents/teachers. You keep all of them with you?

3 You have many a sleepless night? Really?

redkingjoe, the deputy junior assistant associate psychologist trainee

11. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    Which one are you talking? Can you PM me and let me see if there's any misleading facts?
    His posts are really very very good. You don't really need to rummage through his 1000+ posts unless you can't get into sleep because he has already put some of the very best in this thread already.

12. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    BTW, why (NOT ANYMORE)? Sounds strange to me!!!!

#152 redkingjoe, Dec 15, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2004
  13. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

are you doubting me *raises an eyebrow* ??? hmmmm??? anyway, what buddy? :D
    3 that was just a little exaggeration. ask wil. about it ;) :D (*chuckles*). he may be able to give you a pointer or two.

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    please continue these discussions via PMs. thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.