SINGAPORE OPEN 2023

Discussion in '2023 Tournaments' started by Baddyforall, Jun 6, 2023.

1. Habisin-Habisin

Habisin-Habisin Regular Member

Yeah, I though that leo/daniel and pram/yere will be strong contender from INA in Olympic, but with the recent Yere's injury (and until now not yet back to his best performance) then the situation become more difficult to predict now.
    The shaky fajar/rian,
    The lousy minions,
    The one hits bagas/fikri,
    Or maybe the evergreen daddies ...

2. wade

wade Regular Member

Leo is so sooo good

3. wade

wade Regular Member

Leo and wang chang gotta be the 2 best front court player for the next 10 years

4. wade

wade Regular Member

I remember 1-2 years ago I said that leo had nothing special in him, look how much he has improved.

5. Dangho

Dangho Regular Member

He is the most reliable indonesian MD player I’ve seen in terms of not making errors

6. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Leo is so calmness personified. You can bet on him for not making errors. The rest will depends on Daniel or Liang.

7. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Shoulder injury Chia vs Shoulder injury Daniel lets see who wins lol

watching ChiaSoh earlier, well they dig but what a match from Soh. I think he is everywhere, the onus is on him to win matches - almost singlehandedly as well because at most Aaron can smash once. And arguably out of the 2, he has the harder smash or the scarier smash which is saying something wrong with this pair because he is the frontplayer

8. wade

wade Regular Member

Yeah he's almost like korean MD player in that aspect lol it's part of the reason why I hope that they can play at the olympics

Crazy that leo is only 21, I don't think kevin was that mature at 21 (and I know he won like 3 SS at that age), and fajar wasn't even close to leo's level at the same age.

9. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Thats why i think we will miss Kevin when he retires.

there is always a Leo every few years that is probably morphing into an Endo.

but havent seen someone like Kevin with his speed and flamboyance. When he is on a roll, he is just different athlete. That kind of crazy shot that he did at fuzhou years back.

Its not a wonder that his matches always has the most views. Closest would be Wang. Fastest but still doesnt wow me as much as like when Kevin was 22.

Simeon and Cheung like this.
  10. 80plus

80plus Regular Member

Scheduling of Matches?... AA's match is over now.... His opponent's - SK/Chai Hoo Lee match will start after 4/5 hours...Any good reason to not to keep matches at closer interval (less 60 minutes)...
    Also matches are going until Mid Night, previous day it is getting over earlier...

Similarly in Maldives IC, quarter final matches are going to start just 2/3 hours after R16, but R16 is going at start at 1PM(local time)...why can't start R16 matches in morning 9/10AM and give more rest for players.

Earlier national/state matches used to held like this...
    Now even district matches are being conducted with equal rest for both opponents and with sufficient gap between two rounds!!

11. wade

wade Regular Member

I mean we have sigit 15 years before kevin came into the scene, so maybe 15 years from now we gonna see another kevin lol

I'm more worried that indonesia are not gonna find another genius like hendra in the future, he's basically the only reason why Indonesia MD still successful in major event these last 15 years.

Cheung likes this.
  12. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

i cant remember how Sigits play like . Dont think he lasts that long in the tour. A succesful play with Chandra that quickly faded away right?

i would imagine that in future , KevinGideon will be entered Hall of Fame with HendraAhsan.

13. wade

wade Regular Member

I think that doping scandal kinda ruined his career a little bit, but 21 open tournaments titles including AE title + 1 WC gold & 2 silvers isn't too bad I guess. his first WC final was in 1997, and in 2005 he played his 3rd WC final so basically he was on top for like 8-10 years. mind you that WC was being held every 2 years back then.

#93 wade, Jun 7, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2023
    Yoji likes this.
  14. wade

wade Regular Member

BTW anyone know what happen with han chengkai ? I remember how promising and good he was when he won french open in 2018, now I barely hear anything about him.

15. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

He retired

16. wade

wade Regular Member

Damn that's sad, another great chinese prospect that I could remember was xue song in MS...since he got that injury in 2018 AE I also barely hear anything about him.

17. om patel

om patel Regular Member

The Minions commentary ends with Hockey/Kobayashi
    Marcus: 'Opponents are playing well. His game is so fast and powerful. We can play and lead by one or two shots after that loss. '
    Marcus: 'It must be admitted, I'm very heavy for getting older. We keep falling behind. We've slowed down too. With the fast shuttlecock characters, we are getting behind and having difficulty keeping up with the speed of our opponents. '
    Marcus: 'Our performance was bad, not as expected. We have already lost, what else can we do? First game still the equaliser. Our second game down. It's way behind. Wanting to catch up is already far from the point. '
    Kevin: 'From all aspects, the opponent is superior to all. Yeah his speed, power and defense is unbreakable. '
    Kevin: 'First game we could give a fight. But in the second game our points are way behind. Catching up is very difficult. We don't know what to play anymore. '
    Via PBSI Public Relations

Simeon and Cheung like this.
  18. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Taufik would fume again.

rajat_remar, trizzforce and wade like this.
  19. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Haha let him fume.

nokh88 likes this.
  20. Habisin-Habisin

Habisin-Habisin Regular Member

IMO, like it or not, kevin (along with marcus of course) is a figure who plays a big role in carrying badminton out from Cipayung national camp to the wider public spot light especially to the social media generation.
    His achievements, his antics on court, his life style as well as his romance story are really like a magnet for those so called new waves badminton fans in Indonesia.
    This generation might not so interest in badminton techniques whatsoever but they absolutely enjoying kevin fiercely match with Li/Liu, Conrad/Kolding and for sure the unforgettable match when he trolled Goh/Tan.
    Just my 2 rupiah

browning likes this.