Satwik SaiRaj RankiReddy/ Chirag Shetty

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by Baddie lover, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Just happened something. I was checking the China Open draw for MD. And I saw only one Indian flag (Arjun/Dhruv) and in the middle of scrolling down, I was wondering where is the next Indian flag (SatwikChirag), did they take off their names ? Then I saw no32 Satwik and Chirag (2). I guess, I haven’t been used to them being WR2 :p

Another event I’ve still not come at terms with is

Winning India’s first athletics Olympic gold medal courtesy performance of Neeraj Chopra.

PS: The guy won our first Athletics World Championship gold.

2. Baddie lover

Dominant display by SatwikChirag against ChiaSoh with whom they have a 1-7 h2h record. Match was totally on our favour, have never seen this kind of impenetrable and patient defence by Satwik Chirag before. The confidence, body language, temperament all was there today. The game might have looked easy for non badminton fans but those who know badminton, it was never an easy match to begin with. We totally fought for each and every point and stamped our authority. Cheers guys, historic medal for us. Whether we can go one rung above, have to wait till tomorrow. Jai Hind.

Sumanth99 likes this.
  3. Baddie lover

4. Baddie lover

*Momentous Historic Day for Indian Badminton*

India’s 1st Asian Games gold medal in badminton came due to excellent performance by SatwikChirag. Throughout the individual event, especially semis and finals, they have shown tremendous body language, determination, patience, confidence. Chirag Shetty has been hands down a very consistent player and best Indian player (alongwith Prannoy) for last few months or shall I say 1-1.5 years. But I’ll have to talk about Satwik- his defence, his placement, his temperament everything has changed. Top class rallies happened in semis as well as final and it swells my chest with pride to say we’ve finally won that elusive gold medal.

From 2010 Saina QF loss against Yip Pui Yin to getting 1 bronze in team event in 2014 to getting 1 silver Sindhu, 1 bronze Saina in 2018 to getting 1 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze in this edition. Massive respect to Indian badminton team and coaches like Gopichand, Mathias Boe, Guru Sai and others who have helped the players. With this I want to edit their achievements list now.

First Indian pair to win super 500 (Thai Open)
    First Indian pair to win WC medal
    First Indian pair to win super 750 (France Open)
    First Indian pair to win BAC gold medal.
    First Indian pair to win super 1000 (Indo Open)
    First Indians to win Asian Games gold medal.

#144 Baddie lover, Oct 7, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2023
    Baddyforall, lurker and Sumanth99 like this.
  5. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Next, Asian games, everything will change. There will be no prannoy, Sindhu or srikanth. It will be all youngsters. But I dont see any talents who are like Sen . They are good at some times and below average at some other time. It's really worrying time.
    Note;
    AYUSH SHETTY won bronze in BWF world juniors.

6. Baddie lover

Chirag and Satwik sitting beside PM Narendra Modi in the felicitation ceremony of Asian Games medalists. I wish I could go there today, one of the locations of correspondence of my office.

https://www.youtube.com/live/hMeI5oXJdqA?si=l1qGUWurtM8tXy-I

Edit: Not just medallists, I could see non medallists too.

#146 Baddie lover, Oct 10, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2023
    browning and Sumanth99 like this.
  7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    World ranking number one.

browning likes this.
  8. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Huge, way to go.......

9. London_Player

London_Player Regular Member

admin
    Disappointed to see them, not in the world tour finals. There are other pairs who haven’t won any tournaments this year yet they are in the draw. The whole system needs an overhaul otherwise we won’t see the best pairs or the best players in action.

10. Baddie lover

3rd final in 3 tournaments this year. Finally got third time lucky. Didn’t even drop a single game this tournament. Loved their game and attitude.

Chirag is playing really well from back court. And I can see variations in game of Satwik. Opponents are afraid of them as both hit shuttles very well and are fearless. My sincere gratitude to Mathias Boe for making them what they are at present. Also, I would like to say they are where they are because of Tan Kim Her, Flandy Limpele and Mathias Boe each one having an impact in different stages of their careers.

SatChi good luck for All England and stay injury free. We are with you guys. Love your trademark celebration - Chirag jumping to chest of Satwik and then Satwik dancing with his racket swinging.

Sumanth99 likes this.