Satwik SaiRaj RankiReddy/ Chirag Shetty

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by Baddie lover, Oct 28, 2019.

1. London_Player

London_Player Regular Member

admin
    I think Reddy played better than Chirag and made less unforced errors than him.
    Chirag stopped coaching him during matches and telling him what to do, being a passive and quite guy, Reddy doesn’t mind but it felt Chirag was his coach and barking orders to his partner - like go to the net or smash! This is unlike any other MD pair in the tour!

#121 London_Player, Jun 22, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2023
  2. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

True. This reminded me of an interview of Satwik Sairaj Rankireddy where he was talking about his favourite doubles players which incidentally is Hendra satiawan but the reason was unique. He said Setiawan never cares about the opponent's mistakes and wont point it on him. Shetty was right next to him when he spoke that.

3. Baddyforall

4. Baddyforall

5. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Satwik pays tribute to Indonesian Legend Markis Kido

6. Baddyforall

Satwiksairaj Rankireddy smashes Guinness world record for fastest badminton shot during Korea Open

Indian badminton player Satwiksairaj Rankireddy, popularly known as Satwik, smashed the Guinness World Record for the fastest hit by a male player in the sport during the Korea Open, where Satwik recorded a mind-boggling speed of 565 km/h with his smash.

This record-breaking smash has not only put Satwik on the global map but also broken a decade-long record previously held by Malaysian player Tan Boon Heong. In May 2013, Heong set the record with a smash speed of 493 km/h. However, Satwik's recent performance has surpassed this by a significant margin, marking a new era in the sport of badminton.

https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/ba...ton-shot-during-korea-open-2408280-2023-07-18

Simeon likes this.
  7. Baddyforall

I posted-this message in Korea Open Thread but was deleted hence i am posting here/

8. Baddyforall

9. Baddie lover

After r16 match against HeZhou in Korea Open, I texted my friend @Sumanth99 this:

Did you see confidence and composure in SatwikChirag ? Their presence on the court oozes confidence and I can totally see by their body language that they are the favourites.

I watched yesterday’s match against Hokikoba and today’s match against WangLiang. I must applaud SatChi for the way they've played. Another thing I would like to mention is they played against the Chinese crowd too. Chinese are very vocal and to sustain that pressure and winning against them is praiseworthy especially when you are from a country where most of the people buckle under pressure.

Good to see Korean crowd supporting SatChi in the end. And that Gangnam dance by Satwik was ;):p:cool:

browning and Sumanth99 like this.
  10. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Yeah, I just don't want us to jinx much. Remember there once was a Lee Zi Jia, not that long ago actually.

11. Baddie lover

Jinxing happens when people say like they used to say xyz pair will dominate the field -
    LeeWang after wining OG gold or ChiaSoh after winning WC or FajRi after winning AE and not much time ago about WangLiang how they’ll dominate the field. So yeah, there needs to be a fine line between appreciating what’s there and going overboard and exaggeration guesses.

Sumanth99 likes this.
  12. London_Player

admin
    They’re in excellent form as they haven’t lost a game yet. In tomorrow’s final, I see them as a favourite. I wonder what happened to their Danish coach as we haven’t seen him recently and now see Gopichand as their coach.

13. visor

visor Regular Member

That Danish coach is Boe!

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

14. Baddie lover

Congratulations Satwik and Chirag on winning Korea Open super 500. Though it’s a super 500, but they had all the top MD pairs in the world right now. They defeated HeZhou, former WC HoKiKoba, WR2 WangLiang (against whom they had 0-2 h2h) in two straight games and WR1 FajRi in three games in finals.

Before the finals, I had given 65-35 or 60-40 favour to SatChi after reading about FajRi form and watching SatChi matches this week. In the first game, have to give to the Indonesian pair. They restricted Satwik and Chirag very well, making them play fast flat exchanges and not lifting to them. It felt we will lose the first game easily. But kudos to Indian pair, they fought back really well to score 5-6 consecutive points and close the gap.

Second game and third game, we neutralised FajRi game. Played better flat fast game as compared to first game and reversed the momentum for which they must be given credit. I can’t be any more happier and proud of them. Keep showing good attitude and give your best. I’d like to see more titles from you both but even if you fall short after giving your best, you’ll always have my support.

Congratulations for the win and Best of Luck for next 2 tournaments.

ps: Just checked in bridge. They say we’ll be world ranked 2 tomorrow?

#134 Baddie lover, Jul 23, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2023
    samkool and Sumanth99 like this.
  15. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    ...but playing like they're #1. heh heh.

Sumanth99 and Baddie lover like this.
  16. London_Player

admin
    Ok his name is Boe, any insight as to why we don’t see him anymore?

17. ainchekar

ainchekar Regular Member

Am not sure why...has his contract expired?

yenyesoh and Bieffe like this.
  18. Baddie lover

Watched highlights against LeeWang. In some rallies (2-4 rallies), I really found that old school best ever MD era touch. Thunderous smash, fast furious and defence.

I’d still say 2008-2016 MD is the best you’ll ever see and present MD era is 40 percent or lower of it.

19. Baddyforall

20. Baddyforall

Want to win everything badminton has to offer: Chirag Shetty

https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/ba...kireddy-world-championship-2421657-2023-08-15

India badminton star Chirag Shetty has said that he wants to win everything that the sport has to offer. Shetty has been in imperious form in men's doubles with his partner Satwiksairaj Rankireddy.

Chirag Shetty, a prominent figure in Indian doubles badminton, has set his sights on an illustrious retirement filled with medals from major tournaments. Alongside his partner, Satwiksairaj Rankireddy, the duo has been making waves in the badminton scene, clinching victories at the Indonesia Open, Asia Championships, Swiss Open, and Korea Open.

In an interview with PTI, Chirag expressed his fervent desire to win all possible tournaments in the circuit. "A couple of years down the line when I retire, I want to have a room filled with all the big medals that badminton has to offer," he said. His ambition extends to all prestigious events, including the Olympics, Asian Games, Commonwealth Games, and world tour finals.

The dynamic duo, currently ranked second in the world, previously won a bronze medal at the World Championships and are gearing up for the upcoming edition in Copenhagen, Denmark, starting August 21. Chirag emphasized their strategy of focusing on playing their best badminton, confident that it would lead to victory against any pair in the world.

Over the past year, the Mumbai-born player noted a significant improvement in their consistency. He also highlighted their ability to switch positions on the court as a major advantage, often catching their opponents off guard.

Their success skyrocketed after the Badminton Association of India (BAI) appointed Mathias Boe, a 2012 London Olympics silver medallist, as their coach in preparation for the Tokyo Games in 2021. Chirag credits Boe's guidance for their increased consistency and self-belief.

Despite their rise to the world number two spot, Chirag clarified that they are not chasing rankings but are more focused on winning big events. "I would be happy being a world champion than becoming a world number one any day," he stated.

While the 2024 Paris Olympics is their ultimate goal, Chirag and Satwik are currently setting their sights on short-term targets, such as the World Championships and Asian Games. Despite their disappointment at the Tokyo Olympics, where they failed to qualify for the knockout stages, the pair remains undeterred and continues to strive for excellence in their sport.