RsM Tournament/BC gathering Updates!

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by Devilicious, Aug 7, 2005.

1. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    New York City. About 380 miles south of Montreal. ;)

2. Jinryu

Jinryu Regular Member

Librarian, RacketsportsMontreal.ca owner
    Holy crud, I go to work for a day and turn my back on this thread and there's like 20 messages in here now. Dang!

Anyway, I'm just resizing the photos that my sister took (they're too big and would kill my limited bandwidth) but I'll let you all know as soon as possible. Unfortunately i don't have MANY pictures, so if anyone else did take any pictures (film of digital) let me know and I"ll figure out someway to get them from you.

3. MissT

MissT New Member

It would have been interesting if the mixed had semis with best of three mnatches. Demarco is indeed an amazing player. ;)

4. Chow Mein

Chow Mein Regular Member

I was the one next to him running around like a maniac. Even though we didn't win, it was still a great second set. I gave it everything i had.

5. Jinryu

Jinryu Regular Member

Some photos are up!

Some of the pictures are up! If you want, since the captions haven't carried over, I suggest you pick one of your favorites and suggest a funny caption. :D

Check gallery at www.racketsportsmontreal.ca

Anyway, gotta go to work now, more updates later tonight!

6. Jinryu

Jinryu Regular Member

Please, if possible, don't hit refresh a billion times per day because i have limited bandwidth, and once it konks out no one will be able to see anything:eek:

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Hey, how can you guys make me look like a ghost in the pic? :eek: Ok, my face was indeed look like blanked after losing the 1st MXD. :(

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    One thing you might consider to do regarding to ur bandwidth. Go to sign up with those free host site (usually, give u quite a bit bandwidth for free with free membership, such as http://free.hostdepartment.com), and put all the pictures over there. Then, just create a link in ur own site, and link to the free one (the pic storage site).

Hope this might help a bit.

9. Jinryu

Jinryu Regular Member

Yeah, that's what I,m doing, I'm using photobucket.com ... though if free.hostdepartment gives even more, then rarrrrrrrrw, I'm all over freebies. Thanks for the tip.

And as to the photo, sorry about that! It's not the greatest picture, but the other ones didn't come out so great. I think it's because of your wristy technique, most of the pictures my sister got of you on her digicam (which doesn,t do action very well) look as if someone chopped off your hand and you're just waving a dismembered stump.:eek:

10. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Ok, I am officially being labeled as, "not good for camera"... :crying: j/k...

I know, the way i turn and release the shot, is weired in some sense. :cool:

11. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Even if not as much, 2 free together is better than just 1 takes all the load. Just divide the pics into different sections, and as long as there are links in between, it should be fine.

However, sometimes, I do find out free.hostdepartment's upload interface is not that user friendly. You might consider to use ur own FTP s/w to do it. :rolleyes:

12. Jinryu

Jinryu Regular Member

This subject was discussed in another thread here at BC about the problem with taking badminton pictures... unfortunately the only digital cameras capable of doing anything decent in indoor lighting are beyond the average recreational budget.

I did get to see some interesting techs at the tournament. One person, supposing that he's square with the net and wants to hit a backhand, instead of stepping over counter clockwise (he's right handed) he'd do a 180 clockwise spin hit the backhand. :eek: Wish I got that on film, he was actually pretty accurate with it too!

13. silentlight

silentlight Regular Member

student/programmer
    Okay, I see how that may look cool but I really don't think that's a good idea. I didn't see it but somehow I get this picture of Harlem Globetrotters in my head.

14. Devilicious

Devilicious Regular Member

student
    LOL! We were too scared of you! Something in the back of my head told me I should be careful when playing against players labeled with "West Island Badminton Club" shirts. :D There was even a coach with you guys or something (the blond hair lady)?

15. Devilicious

student
    I saw pretty much confusion in your first game with Demarco; both running and stopping short for a shot, both letting the partner run for a shot, etc. Basically, the exact same thing that happened to our first game.

Better work on tactics with partners before playing the next time. =)

16. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    It's good seeing you again, LB! :D

edit: Removed pic, due to some members not comfy with visual pubicity :)

-dave

#36 wood_22_chuck, Aug 9, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2005
  17. Devilicious

student
    Yeah right, I was the one who came to you with the Timbits! You didn't even help yourself a 2nd time did you (you were watching me play I think?)?

Don't blame everything on yourself. Blaming the shuttlecocks is a much better excuse. :p

Actually, in the beginning, I always went to that crowd when I'm not playing. Then later, I saw you were always sitting there alone. I felt so bad since you're the "special guest" but people kept talking to each other in french or cantonese and you couldn't understand! I better appologize for the hostility :eek:

18. Devilicious

student
    LOL Dave! You really needed to point him out eh :D
    ---
    edit: Arrgghhh Dave again!! You now made me edit my post too!! There's no more picture of Lazy, lol
    ---
    Lazy, notice how you hold your racket in the 4th picture :eek: *shakes head like insane* unbelievable...

#38 Devilicious, Aug 9, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2005
  19. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    No doubt. Team work is the #1 in double games. Even though, we did had the practice session on fri night, but 1 or 2 games with each other is way too little when compare to other long time partnership.

If I am honored enough to get another chance to team up with ur guys, I might consider to arrive at least 2-3 days earlier next time. :)

20. Devilicious

student
    The day after RsM... dim sum adventure!

Saturday night, everyone left home at different hours after the RsM tournament. The next day, BC members gathered to have dim sum together.

Sunday's meeting was very enjoyable, though only 4 (Silentlight, Friendies, Lazy and I) of us went to have dim sum. It was the first time I discuss about badminton so much with passionate players (sadly, most of my friends aren't interested in the sport)! We talked and talked (about BC, the tournament, our experience, and I even discovered there's a Nintendo game called "Badminton" -__________-") although we finished eating long ago. The waiters were going nuts since we wouldn't leave the table! They didn't do anything to us as we have yet paid. It was so hilarious! They kept coming over to take plates away and in the end, we were still talking with only a table cloth left. We drank all the water we had, so everyone was getting really thirsty, but we still stayed. :rolleyes: Eventually near the end, when we couldn't stand the thirst, we decided to go when a waiter came to ask if we wanted water refill :D.

Obviously, we said "sure" and guess what... stayed longer!!!! LOL. I think the waiter regretted it after :p. When the guy gave us the water, Silentlight was saying, "Mmm, we could stay another hour with this..." :D

People who came to the restaurant after us have all left by the time we got up. We started eating before noon and got out (finally) at... near 3:30-4pm?! :eek: :eek: Nevertheless, it felt great. =)