Review: Yonex Voltric Z Force II

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by LoneRanger, Feb 25, 2014.

1. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Regular Member

Student
    Well, in my perspective.
    The ZF2 can also manage one hell of a swing speed due to the momentum in the head, aero frame etc... But if requires more energy to put off. I think for doubles you're more suited to the I Force. However if you're a rearcourt player but really want that extra power, a ZF2 wouldn't do bad but will take some time to get used to and will require more from you

2. LoneRanger

Student
    But I suggest you here others opinions first because I'm the kinda person can't tel much diff from a ArcFB to a ZF. Even though I notice the diff, it doesn't affect me 1 bit. Weird...

3. KLFreedom

KLFreedom Regular Member

Before using I-Force, i was using Z-Speed 3U, it is good in smashing and it has a very good swing speed, but i dont like the feel, it was so "dead" to me. I-Force is good in terms of feel, speed and the power, but i prefer stiffer shaft, therefore i add ZF2 4U to my list. Do u think that ZF2 4U swings faster than Z-Speed 3U? Maneuverability?

4. LoneRanger

Student
    ZSP 3U faster

5. KLFreedom

KLFreedom Regular Member

ZF2 4U is slower than Z-Speed 3U? Then I should just stick to m I-Force

6. p2user

p2user Regular Member

I'm not a good player, but I recently brought the I-force and z-speed. I really like the i-force as I find it easy to use, light and has power. With the z-speed I brought due to the color scheme and got it at a good price. When playing with the z-speed I to find out a bit dull in feel and I have trouble achieving the same power life from my i-force or z-force I have.

But have the z-force 2 on order and will see how they perform before I lower my racket count. Since the wife is already annoyed with the amount of rackets I accumulated :eek:

All this is my own opinion but please bear in mind that I will never be able to wield these top of the range racket and get the full benefit out of them. The only constant I have with all my rackets is that I kept them all at 24 lbs with orange bg80 power.

7. KLFreedom

KLFreedom Regular Member

Orange bg80P? Really eye-catching...Is your ZF2 3U or 4U? Please kindly give a comparison between these 3 rackets. Thanks man...and watch out for wife's wrath..:D

8. p2user

p2user Regular Member

Yep orange to stand out of the crowd :thumbup:

I've actually ordered both, 4u and 3u :) so I can see if the reports are right saying the 3u is less tiring to use compared to the original 3u z force. As I got tired too quickly with my 3u z force and moved to a 4u z force which made a big difference. Still keeping the 3u z force hoping that one day I would be able to be use it without tiring. Also it was the first expensive racket I've brought so sentimental value aswell. Wouldn't receive the rackets till mid April :mad: so I report back once I have them and tried them out. But having a lots of fun with the i-force and trying out the z-speed until the magical rackets arrive :cool:

Well my wife is making sure this time that I do down scale my racket collection :( but will give me time test out the new ones then make a decision.

#108 p2user, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  9. lemoncola

lemoncola Regular Member

How is the feel of this racquet? Because it is a fast racquet, does it mean there is not much feeling/feedback? I tried Li Ning N90 III for couple games and the feel is quiet nice. I think the feel is quite important.

10. okooko

okooko Regular Member

Student
    tell her you're buying them at half the price so you have have twice as many.

11. okooko

okooko Regular Member

Student
    I wouldn't call it a fast racket, moreso one with more swing weight due ot its head heavy nature.
    If you are looking for feed back, go for a head balance or head light racket as the weight on the head dulls your feels/senses if anything.

I have the arc11 and vtzf2, the zf2 feels like it has more push/depth on drives/clears etc as you'd imagine and average drops but you'd need to control your motion knowing its heavier than the arc11 at the top

12. Cinchen

Cinchen New Member

Hi, since you have arcsaber11 as well, which one do you personally prefer (overall) for playing double?
    Thank you for your review and opinion.

13. okooko

okooko Regular Member

Student
    I would say the ZF2 for XD and ARC11 for MD.
    I am willing to sacrifice some additional smash potential with the ZF2 to gain some more speed and agility with the head-lighter ARC11.

14. ratul_kai

ratul_kai Regular Member

can someone pls compare zf2 with AT700 and N90?

15. Stealthking

Stealthking Regular Member

Well, the VTZF 2 is everything you guys have said over the last 7 pages, but the most impressive thing I've found about it as a stringer is that those new grommet strips make stringing the top crosses on the racket a real walk in the park.... If nothing else, that was pure genius... :)

16. binjoau

binjoau Regular Member

I have been playing with this racket now for the last 3 months about 6-9 hours a week. I am an intermediate player who likes to play from the back in doubles. My VTZF2 is the 3U version, BG65 at 24lbs.

After coming from a mid flex VT-70 I found the timing was quite an issue for me to adjust to as well as a little elbow fatigue switching to the stiff flex.

After a week or two to re calibrate my swing I have found a few things with this racket:

Smash power - a considerable increase given a good contact, I find the sweet spot to be harder to find than the VT-70 however when you get it just right, WOW!

Clears - very effortless, even backhand clears can be a breeze.

Drops from mid to rear - precise, I find the racket, although quite stiff gives good overall feedback.

Close up net play - honestly... a bit of a struggle, I find (although partially string related) that the repulsion and tight control needed at the net is difficult to master and I feel this point of my game requires more work to be as effective as my VT-70.

Fatigue - I do find that this racket to be bit tiring, not where it hurts my elbow but the extra stiffness / weight can be felt after 2 hours of competitive social play. I may look into buying a 4u version and seeing if this improves.

Thanks,

Alex

17. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Finally, I've written a review of this racket and will be launching it on my website next week.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

18. Taufik-LYD

Taufik-LYD Regular Member

ICU staff nurse
    I agree with you. Nanoray range should be even to headlight balance and what they did is made it head heavy with flexible shaft - advance and professional more suited for stiffer shaft.

Arcsaber Z-slash II is a brilliant idea maybe with this new Horizontal-A concept technology making the sweet spot even more larger..

19. nthanhhai

nthanhhai Regular Member

I can't wait to read this Paul.

20. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    irrelevant now.

#120 yan.v, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2014