Review: Yonex Voltric Z Force II

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by LoneRanger, Feb 25, 2014.

1. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Regular Member

Student
    IMG-20140304-WA0023.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    I honestly think it's one of the nicest looking rackets ever made.

3. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Regular Member

Student
    Same, but these pics are without my boue aerotek grip yet, will be gripping once the stock grip get all.... Yea, you know what I mean
    DSC_0349.jpg

4. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

Just had a session with the ZFII... controls were neat, drives was excellent, and my shoulder doesn't hurt. But the smashing was a bit disappointing.... not as fast as I expected. Then again mine is a 4U with Ultimax 66... and was playing with duck feathers in an aircond room.... maybe another session or 2, and we'll see about the smashing....

5. alphaQue

alphaQue Regular Member

Update on grommet muncher: they will provide me with 1 free restring for the overlaps but as for the grommets.. I think im SOL. They think its a result of the factory people in japan who installed it as the grommets are soft.

Pfft

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Whoa! Anyone else seeing this? :eek:

7. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    The grommets are still plastic. They're not made out of tungsten.

8. djbinter

djbinter Regular Member

Do you know whether those new grommets are replaceable?

9. djbinter

djbinter Regular Member

I mean the Tungsten infused grommets that were damaged.

10. alphaQue

alphaQue Regular Member

Not sure if its replaceable at the moment. The guy havent really said there is but I got a feeling its going to be costly when its available. Maybe I should check with yonex canada.

11. alphaQue

alphaQue Regular Member

On a positive note.. finally played with it for 2 hours. Coming from 3u4g zf1@27lbs bg65 to 3u4g zf2@24x26 nbg98 it was easy to adapt. Smashes seems to be faster and have more crisp sound but it could be due to the nbg98 strings. I seem to have more control with the zf2. Overall, happy with it.

12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    From the main VT-ZF2 thread, courtesy of blitzzards....

13. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

I've been stringing for a couple years now and I've never once seen damage like that from people I know who have strung with MaxSports before. I'm not even sure how it could be that much damage from stringing. If it's a shared hole, then they might have used an awl and poked it into the frame instead of the hole, but not to the extent from your image. Either way, you should get compensation from someone. Max Sports was the one that sold it to you? They should be willing to give you a new one and get that one sent back (they are an authorized dealer anyway right?). I would complain for a refund and use that money to get one off MBS instead. MaxSports sells everything for more than what it would cost on MBS anyway.

#53 phaaam, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  14. Deity

Deity Regular Member

I dont get how you guys think maxsports is so expensive. Let's use vtzf2 as an example. If you order one from them it's $260. That's the racket, string, labour, and delivery. $260 is all you pay for the package, no ridiculously high tax. Personally, I think its not a bad deal.

15. JAKE78

JAKE78 Regular Member

alphaQue: so sorry to see what happened to your new racket. i've heard that the quality of the string jobs at maxsports has been going down over the last little while. imo the damage to your racket may be caused by a combination of thin strings (i.e., 0.66mm gauge) and an inexperienced stringer. :crying:

16. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    If you look around you can get it for AUD/CAD220 here, so you guys are paying top dollar. It's probably even less than that in SE Asia.

It's even worse when you think that a top end Victor is A HUNDRED DOLLARS LESS.

But I guess someone has to pay for LCW's Ferrari. :rolleyes:

17. Deity

Deity Regular Member

Totally agree with you but I guess the price depends on the demand and the convenience of the product too does it not?

I actually paid more for a CD coded than a JP coded so yeah it's more expensive in Canada lol.

Victor prices are great but they've been goin up too recently. I don't know why but badminton items in Canada are usually more expensive than in other countries lol. CA coded Victors can reach Yonex prices here. It's kinda annoying..

Well, sorry for side tracking the topic! Just got carried away :p

18. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    I'd say it's a combination of a couple things.

Demand for badminton products is much lower here than in a lot of countries, which means that we import less stuff and end up paying more for our stuff (price of shipping has also a bigger impact on each product since there are less of them). So in the end, retailers pay more for their product and have to charge more.

Also, in the same order of idea, when you get 200 customers a day, it's easier to sell a little cheaper, but here, shops probably get a lot less than that and they can't afford to lower their prices because they have employees, inventory and rent to pay.

19. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    ^ Plus, buying a CD coded racquet in Canada is like paying a little for the insurance. Which is exactly the way it should be! :D

There's always the argument that the racquets won't break, etc etc, but look what happened to the FB...

20. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    I have to say I have returned a couple Flashboosts for customers (plus one of mines) and they were really happy to be able to get a new racket back!