P. V. Sindhu पुसर्ला वेन्कटा सिन्धु

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by cobalt, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    please translate.

2. Swas44

Swas44 Regular Member

Any Indonesian can help us with the translation? Perhaps @yuquall or @wade ?

3. Swas44

Swas44 Regular Member

I mean reacted to the issue sorry, didn't check properly and thought he had commented as well.

4. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

It was just some Indonesian posters showing concern for coach Flandy. And the coach just thanked them for their concern "Thank you for ur concern" without saying anything to deny nor to confirm the related issue.

First poster : Please don't let it happen (to Coach Limpele), I'd feel sorry for Mr. Limpele. I hope they can appreciate their coaches.
    Second poster : And Karma moved fast. After winning the WC, Sindhu's result dropped down. She qualified to WTF just because of her status as WC. Coach Limpele must be careful coaching there.

Hope this helped.

5. tepokbulu

tepokbulu Regular Member

sindhu is similar to srikanth
    their coaches are gone and their performance is down
    why oh why

6. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Did these respective coaches have any other great results after leaving india ?. Why?
    Those posters are nothing but some obnoxious indonesians. Nothing else. Cheers.

mohans, Sumanth99 and Baddie lover like this.
  7. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    If Srikanth in any intelligent he should have hired Mulyo as a personal coach.
    Coaches may not play and win but they definitely motivate.

8. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Srikanth won 2014 China open defeating a well playing Lin Dan.
    Sindhu won silver in 2016 Olympics.
    You shouldn't attribute a player's performance completely to a coach.

Baddie lover likes this.
  9. Biglever

Biglever Regular Member

Engineer
    Sindhu's father responded to Kim's allegations. I just hope that this events will make her stronger than ever.

Here are the excerpts:

A bitterly hurt Sindhu, typically, refused to respond to Kim's allegations, or to present her own side of the story; and it was left to her father, PV Ramana, a former national volleyball player, to put the entire unsavoury episode in true perspective.

Ramana, who used to ferry Sindhu over a 30-km distance for training at the Pullela Gopichand Badminton Academy (PGBA), and has always been at his daughter's side throughout her career, asserted, "Before accusing Sindhu of being heartless, I would like to know one vital thing — did Kim inform Sindhu that she had become terribly sick, and needed hospitalisation and intravenous injections?"

Ramana categorically stated that Sindhu had no idea that Kim had become so ill that she required IV injections. It was when the coach did not turn up for scheduled practice that the player rang her up and asked her why she had skipped the training sessions.

"You see now how that statement 'When are you coming (back) to coach me?' is twisted completely out of context?" Ramana said. "Obviously, Sindhu, who is a hardworking girl, wanted to know when the two could resume their training and practice regime. Had she known that Kim was so ill, do you think she would not have rushed to her aid at the hospital — although, in my opinion, that is not Sindhu's job."

In any case, Sindhu's father was of the opinion that Kim, as a paid employee of Indian badminton, was duty-bound to immediately inform chief national coach Pullela Gopichand of her indisposition.

"Kim says nobody came to see her; but you must ask Gopi whether she kept him informed of her sickness," said Ramana. "From information that has reached me, I can tell you that Kim slept at the house of Krishnapriya, one of the players, instead of at her own apartment, which is much closer to the PGBA."

Gopichand, on his part, refused to either confirm or deny whether he had been informed of Kim's disposition by the coach herself; or indeed, to be drawn into a discussion on a subject that has caused him considerable displeasure. It would appear that the coach felt starved of the recognition she felt she richly deserved.

Ramana, however, maintained that Sindhu never undervalued Kim's role in her development, and always acknowledged the Korean's sterling contribution in her own consistently top-class performance at the Basel World Championships. "Not only that, but she insisted on her coach going to Delhi to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi," he said. "Tell me, how many coaches get to meet the country's Prime Minister?"

Whispers within the PGBA would have it that Kim was unhappy at not being given absolute authority to take both the Indian women's singles forerunners under her wing. The Korean was keen that Sindhu and Saina Nehwal should train and play together, but it is a well-known fact that the two queens of Indian badminton are bitter rivals, have never seen eye-to-eye, and train and practice together only before an international team tournament.

Apparently, Kim wanted to resign her post before the Thailand Open that was played in the first week of August 2019, and was the precursor to the Basel World Championships. However, she was persuaded by Indonesian doubles coach, Flandy Limpele, to stick on until the end of the World Championships, and then examine her options afresh.

Evidently feeling that she could hardly hope to better her coaching performance in India in the six months leading into Basel, the Korean appears to have decided that retreat was the better part of valour — which would have been acceptable, had the said retreat been handled gracefully, and without a belated, unsavoury bid to tarnish the image of the country's first-ever official badminton world champion.

Full article here:

https://www.firstpost.com/sports/pv...heartless-jibe-at-world-champion-7817721.html

Play hard. Train harder.

nilesh123, badmuse, Sumanth99 and 3 others like this.
  10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    That's very professional of PVS not to get involved in a slanging match.

There are always two sides of a story.

Some of the allegations look a bit strange to me. Maybe Kim just didn't like the lifestyle in India. However, it doesn't look like good to go and coach somewhere else so quickly. Hence, some "issues" need to be "explained".

Indians are very, very, very respectful to teachers. I would be extremely surprised if Kim was not treated well in India.

#890 Cheung, Dec 23, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    CLELY, Baddyforall, badmuse and 5 others like this.
  11. mohans

mohans Regular Member

Because coaches sign performance-deals with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Curvy

Curvy Regular Member

Believe there are some communication breakdowns between player, coach and the management. Kim has one of the best English skills among the Korean setup and perhaps she is a little sensitive to begin with, the management cuold have done it better to resolve any misunderstanding right from the beginning and a could have been avoided.

Baddie lover likes this.
  13. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Link: https://www.thehindu.com/sport/other-sports/sindhu-targets-olympics-gold/article30452387.ece/amp/

Excerpts:

“Post the World championship gold last August, no doubt I have had a disappointing run. But it is not all over. I can always comeback,” the 24-year-old Sindhu said in an exclusive interview with The Hindu as she shared her thoughts for the new year.

Was 2019 better than 2016 when you won the Rio Olympics silver?

In 2016, no one expected me to do well. Now there is a lot more recognition, expectations are high and with that comes bigger responsibility. So both years are different but with great memories.

Essentially, I am keen to start off the new year on a high in the Malaysian Open and the Indonesia Masters this month though it is not possible always to keep winning every tournament.

Is there a critical review of your game at the end of 2019?

Yes, of course. It is important to know your mistakes and work on them. I am looking to be lot more patient now in my approach even as the other aspects of the game are being taken care off during the daily training sessions.

What are the three goals you are chasing now?

The Tokyo Olympics gold, World No.1 ranking and winning a few Super Series titles including the All England.

Your thoughts on the PBL.

This is going to be a different PBL. There are a new set of players. Matches against World No. 2 Tai Tzu Ying (for Bengaluru Raptors) should be interesting, looking forward to them. The league has always been very interesting, lots of fun and excitement in the air.

The whole atmosphere is different out there in PBL as you play for yourself and also for the team. The support too will be different and importantly you can correct mistakes, if any.

On playing for Hunters.

We have to support each other and play like a team to clinch the title.

LenaicM, badmuse and Sumanth99 like this.
  14. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

15. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Doesn't seem very sincere to me. We all know a top player can't go from winning the WC title easily to exiting almost all tournaments after the first round for 6 months because of "patience" issues and "other aspects of the game"...

I wished she provided us with a less made up answer (my opinion) on that question and a better insight on how winning a major title affected her life, focus on training, motivation and her raw performances.

Baddie lover likes this.
  16. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Cheung, badmuse and Baddie lover like this.
  17. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Haha yeahh. I was surprised too by this interview lol. The previous interview was more of a cover-up one. And this interview is more like a mature one. Really confused o_O

LenaicM and badmuse like this.
  18. Biglever

Biglever Regular Member

Engineer
    She might have thought, since there are lot of readers for The Hindu, let me do cover-up and give diplomatic answers. The Scroll is not as popular as The Hindu.

Play hard. Train harder.

LenaicM likes this.
  19. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

badmuse and Baddie lover like this.
  20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Maybe the reporter for The Hindu is not a very good one.

Sumanth99 likes this.