P. V. Sindhu पुसर्ला वेन्कटा सिन्धु

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by cobalt, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Link: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...-work-on-her-defence/articleshow/74212562.cms

PV Sindhu looks to work on her defence

"It's not like I have been playing bad (in the last few tournaments). It's just that I committed a few unforced errors which proved to be the difference," said the World No. 6 after laying the foundation stone for

PV Sindhu Badminton Academy
    - to be set up by Heartfulness Institute - at Lalaji Memorial Omega International School on Wednesday.

In her bid to hit top form, Sindhu is emphasizing on two key aspects - patience and shoring up her defence. "I have been working on my defence. Also, (I feel) I have to be little more patient. After a (long) rally, I end up committing a simple error where I have to give (away) points," said Sindhu.

In the last 11 months, Sindhu has taken to Heartfulness - a meditation and relaxation technique - in order to remain calm and maintain optimum levels of concentration during the course of a game. "It will not give you instant success. Meditation techniques help you remain calm and keep you going. During matches you can get impatient, become angry and lose points. That's where the role of Heartfulness comes into play," said Sindhu.

She is looking to put her best foot forward at the

All England Open
    to be held in Birmingham from March 11 to 15. Sindhu feels there is very little that separates the world's top-15 players. "The top-15 players in the world are of the same standard. It all boils down to who plays well on that given day. If Plan A doesn't work on a given day, you must have Plan B in order to stay in the game," she said.

With the Olympics just over five months away, the rise in expectations hasn't weighed Sindhu down. "From 2016 to 2020 - a lot of things have changed in my game and life. I am not taking any pressure (of expectations) and only focusing on working hard to win (a medal). Lot of people have said I have achieved a lot but I still feel this is only the beginning and there is a lot of more I want to (achieve)," said Sindhu.

#921 Baddie lover, Feb 22, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    LenaicM and Sumanth99 like this.
  2. Baddie lover

Link: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...hu-says-tai-tzu-ying/articleshow/74293237.cms

Not a lot of difference between me and Sindhu, says Tai Tzu Ying
    Jaspreet Sahni | TIMESOFINDIA.COM | Updated: Feb 25, 2020, 09:22 IST

"It's very open, anybody's game," said Tai Tzu, who played for the

Bengaluru Raptors
    in the PBL, while talking exclusively to Timesofindia.com during the Hyderabad leg of the tournament.

"Women's singles is very competitive right now. There is obviously Sindhu, there is Marin, there is Chen Yu Fei, He Bing Jiao, Ratchanok Intanon. Everyone is capable of winning the Olympics (gold)," said the 25-year-old.

"There's not really a lot of difference between Sindhu, Saina and myself," she said, bringing Saina in the mix. "We all play (a) different style of game; and on any given day, winning depends on who plays better on the day. It's not like I'm better than them or they are better than me. We are all at the same level," said the two-time All England Open winner, who also holds the record for the longest winning streak (31) in women's singles, which earlier stood in the name of China's Li Xuerui (30).

"I'm a very relaxed person. I eat well, I sleep well, I am always happy. When I play, I'm happy. And I think as long as you are happy, you do well," the Asian Games champion said.

"My style of game is very relaxed. I don't get disturbed by what the opponent is doing. It does not matter if the opponent is screaming or shouting or expressing a lot. I just focus on my game, and I just try to play to the best of my ability. I'm not a very expressive person on court," Tai Tzu said. That could precisely be the reason why she was at ease in the PBL and took the Bengaluru Raptors to their second consecutive title, beating Northeastern Warriors in the final.

"PBL is a very fun tournament. We meet a lot of international players, there is no pressure of ranking, so we can all relax, make a lot of friends, get to know different cultures, eat different kinds of food and also we learn about everyone in a more relaxed environment," she said about the league.

Which players does she potentially see sharing the Olympic podium with her in Tokyo? Tai Tzu smiled as the interpreter relayed the question to her in Mandarin.

But her response was clear and unambiguous. "Sindhu," she said.

Among the men?

"Sai Praneeth, and if (Kidambi) Srikanth qualifies, then he also has a good chance of winning a medal," she said before getting up with a gesture of thanks, almost like her bow of respect at the end of every match.

3. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    She is very funny, good one Tai Tzu.

s_mair and Baddie lover like this.
  4. Baddie lover

She's too polite to say Saina and Sindhu are at same level to her. And yeahh funny too to mention KS and BSP as medal contenders ;)

badmuse likes this.
  5. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

She is too professional. She came to India and is playing PBL and she has to say good things if asked about local players.
    She knows, Saina is far far away from her and Sindhu now but still she gives credit to Saina. That is her speciality.

#925 Baddyforall, Feb 25, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    badmuse, Baddie lover and Sumanth99 like this.
  6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Don't bite the hand that pays you!

It's all about being a good guest. :)

badmuse and Baddie lover like this.
  7. Baddie lover

Link: https://360badminton.com/news/agus-dwi-santoso-to-become-sindhus-new-coach/

Agus Dwi Santoso to become Sindhu’s new coach?

By
    Koijam K
    -
    February 26, 2020
    [​IMG]
    Indonesian coach Agus Dwi Santoso will soon join the Indian badminton team as a singles coach, according to reports from Amar Ujala.

Agus is a reputed coach who helped Hendrawan (now Malaysia’s men’s singles head coach) win a world championship gold and an Olympic silver.

His asking salary of ₹5.75 lakhs per month (8000 USD) has reportedly been approved by the sports ministry.

[​IMG]
    Agus Dwi Santoso, left on the photo
    The singles department of the Indian badminton team has seen a gradual decline in performance over the past twelve months.

PV Sindhu, its star player has produced abysmal results except for the lone title at the World Championships last year.

Earlier head coach Pullela Gopichand had expressed his doubts over finding a good replacement for ex-coach Kim Ji Hyun in the limited time before the Olympics.

Agus Dwi Santoso became a free agent earlier this month after his bitter departure from the Badminton Association of Thailand. Gopichand reportedly spoke to Agus and grabbed the opportunity.

Agus served as a singles coach in Thailand from Dec 2018 to Feb 2020. During his tenure, Kantaphon Wangcharoen became the first ever Thai player to win a medal (bronze) at the World Championships in the men’s singles event.

Before this, he also served as the singles coach in South Korea. Son Wan Ho became the world no. 1 during this period.

badmuse and Sumanth99 like this.
  8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Good catch if true

9. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

kidam and sai are ridiculous. Saina 4 years ago was that level but not now. But pv is true. Tai lost in olympic and wc against pv. The last time they meet, its a tough fight for tai

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Sumanth99 likes this.
  11. Baddie lover

She totally melted and got off guard since the start of the second game. Nozomi was all over her in second game and decider. This is a worrying sign for her. Aggressive in first game and way too submissive in other two games.

12. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

13. Swas44

Swas44 Regular Member

14. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Sindhu was reluctant to stay in England and hastened her departure to India, or she lost the plot after game 1.

15. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

I doubt she let go of the games so easily, especially after winning the first one. May be the slow hall didn't favour her powerful style of play once she used most of her energy in G1 and in the other hand favoured NO's game a bit better.

Considering her previous tournament results I thought she played pretty well. Not at her full potential but I felt she was playing better than she did lately. Good G1!

Overall I'm sure she was affected by the Covid-19 situation but like other players too.

Saru, badmuse, Swas44 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Baddie lover

Yeahh, it's the same for everyone else. I think she lost the plot since the start of game 2, wasn't able to finish rallies coupled with extremely resilient play by Nozomi.

LenaicM likes this.
  17. pradeep chand

pradeep chand Regular Member

18. Dragon88

Dragon88 Regular Member

Pusarla Venkata Sindhu has just been honored with the Times of India Sports Awards (Tosia) - India's prestigious sports award. The award for Sindhu comes from her gold medal at the 2019 World Championships Badminton Tournament in Basel, Switzerland. For nearly a decade, Sindhu has been a prominent name not only in Indian sports but also in the world. According to the World Badminton Federation, Sindhu is the most successful athlete of the World Championship. In 6 times attending this important tournament, she won 2 bronze, 2 silver and 1 gold. Recently, Sindhu's performance has stalled. Hopefully this top award will be the motivation for her to overcome and achieve many new achievements

Anks and Sumanth99 like this.
  19. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

20. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member