P. V. Sindhu पुसर्ला वेन्कटा सिन्धु

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by cobalt, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Whether there's cultural differences or any communication issues, respect and consideration for others are basic human traits, in my opinion.

If true, I don't blame the Korean coach Kim Ji Hyun for feeling neglected or not getting the respect she deserved, esp after her contribution to Sindhu's WC success.

Biglever, samkool and Sumanth99 like this.
  2. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

There is no article mentioned about it except for the video somebody provided. We dont know what they were talking about unless somebody translate it word by word. Let's wait for somebody who can translate Korean language.
    @event can help us regarding this.

3. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer

You can find the post here: https://www.facebook.com/新羽球王室-Royal-Badminton-Sports-475356206299031/

People discussed about their improper manners/attitude in comments section as well. They went hard on India, given lot of incidents of mistreatment of foreigners we don't have a strong moral ground to defend.

Not having basic sensibilities is too bad on her(Sindhu's) part.

Baddie lover likes this.
  4. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    this could mean long term badminton development in india took two steps back...

5. Baddyforall

Definitely, it is a cultural difference. I know a korean friend who visited india as tourist and he was surprised to see Uber driver went down to have a fight with another car driver leaving my friend in the car while on the way to the destination place and it won't happen in Korea. He said that In Korea, customer is the king but in India it seems Drivers are the king. This example is nothing when compared to many such differences . In india, it is totally different to Korea in culturally even though it is in Asia. Sindhu have given credit to Kim for her success but i don't know what else Kim was expecting.

6. Biglever

Biglever Regular Member

Engineer
    Cultural difference? Could be. Not much respect for coaches? Definitely. It's very obvious that Kim didn't like the work culture and the environment here. Maybe she expected differently? Basically if you take any sports in India, there won't be much importance given to the coaches except a very few like Gopichand, cricket coach (he is a joke, btw).

There is too much importance given to the players in terms of fame, money. For example, after WC, Sindhu was showered with huge amount of money and ads. I believe Gopi too got some rewards. But what about Kim who spent most for her time and energy in bringing Sindhu back to form in very short period of time? I guess they just left her in cold. In a country like India that follows very little process in terms of administration, it would be difficult to survive for individuals from Korea, Japan who were brought up with organized process.

I am also interested to know why she didn't inform this while leaving. It was mentioned in the news that she is taking a break due to her husband's I'll health. So I am little surprised by her serious allegations. The question I have is why now not then?

Play hard. Train harder.

Baddie lover likes this.
  7. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Kim Ji Hyun was felicitated and taken to all the top Indian officials. I have already posted several photos. After winning when PV Sindhu was interviewed she thanked KIm for her invaluable success. I have also posted several links of Sindhu and her dad praising Kim to the skies.

As for other coaches copying her methods: The very purpose of bringing foreign coaches to India is for the Indian coaches to model and learn from the foreign coaches.

I think she may have had some ego issues with Gopichand which was the real catalyst that made her take the extreme step. of leaving.

Link: https://sportstar.thehindu.com/badm...and-badminton-academy-sai/article29269774.ece

Kim Ji Hyun: The Korean hand in P. V. Sindhu's world domination
    Korean Kim Ji Hyun, former Asian Games gold medallist, is now credited for playing a key role in P.V. Sindhu's victory at the 2019 World championships at Basel in Switzerland last Sunday.

[​IMG]V.V. SUBRAHMANYAM

HYDERABAD 27 AUGUST, 2019 18:15 IST
    [​IMG]
    Korean coach Kim Ji Hyun with India's new world badminton women's singles gold medallist P.V. Sindhu. - SPECIAL ARRANGEMENT

“I am not here to make money, but to produce champions”, says Korean Kim Ji Hyun, former Asian Games gold medallist and now credited for playing a key role in P.V. Sindhu's victory at the 2019 World championships at Basel in Switzerland last Sunday.

“Well, I would have left my job here (with Sports Authority of India at the Gopi Chand Badminton Academy in Hyderabad) if I were not enjoying it. And also, I make it a point that every one of my trainees enjoys their role,” she says in an exclusive chat with Sportstar on return on Tuesday.

Kim believes Sindhu played her best match in the Worlds finals. She said, “We were outwardly specific that she should attack from the word go against Nozomi Okuhara, it was obvious that she should not let the opponent get any freedom given her reputation to engage in long rallies.

“We worked on a lot of things and the emphasis was on all-round improvement of Sindhu’s game because we all know that she is a big player with the Olympics around next year,” Kim said.

“I am over the moon definitely after she has won gold. Now the emphasis will continue to keep improving on physical, mental and skills as always for you cannot afford to relax in the run-up to Olympics,” she added.

We have a very good bonding that is really helping me to get real good results in the recent past,” she said.

Biglever and Baddie lover like this.
  8. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer

The probability of your argument seem higher.
    She even met with PM of India, what else can one ask for in regards to fame.
    May be she want to disrupt the focus of Sindhu in favour of whoever she is coaching(may be Sung Ji Hyun).

badmuse likes this.
  9. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

No no no, that's very harsh to say about her. If the reports are true, one point which is worrying me is when Kim was hospitalised, why didn't the management show care or why were they insensitive towards her ?

I don't think she was felicitated less or given less credit. Cultures can be different no doubt but it is naive to generalise the community due to deeds of some.

The jealousy of other coaches might be there. The ego clashes and all.

And if other coaches are copying her training methods, what's there to worry ? Doesn't one of the motives of bringing the foreign coaches is to spread knowledge to domestic ones ?

badmuse likes this.
  10. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    May be I was, I am sorry for that. I've had over thinking problems and still have, I am learning to acknowledge it.

But this time let me reason more formally.

Axiom: A perfect person wouldn't call an imperfect person imperfect, at least won't announce it publicly.

Statement: "Coach Kim is perfect whose is concern should be addressed" is false.
    Proof
    {
    Let me try to prove this using the method of contradiction.
    Let us assume that "Coach Kim is perfect/good". This means Kim is concerned about Sindhu and desires good for her. But since she is a good/perfect person she shouldn't call a bad/imperfect person(Sindhu) bad, at least publicly.
    Since she violated the axiom of a good/perfect person, our assumption that "Coach Kim is perfect/good" is wrong.
    Hence proved that "'Coach Kim is perfect whose is concern should be addressed' is false".
    }

Since we've established that Kim isn't at least 100% perfect/(error free) we shouldn't worry about her statements and burn ourselves too much.

Baddie lover likes this.
  11. jctai

jctai Regular Member

Whelp... none of it matters now. Fact remains Sindhu is not performing now. Maybe she's working with her current coaches and trainers to bring her back to the level where she could compete in the Olympics if she still care since she got all the fame and money from her people.

12. Swas44

Swas44 Regular Member

As mentioned earlier here, I agree that it must have just been a case of misunderstandings and miscommunication due to cultural differences. Sindhu is known to be quite polite so this is surprising. We will never know the full picture unless we hear Sindhu's story as well. It's good that the Indian media hasn't picked up the story yet, it might disrupt her preperations. But I think she will be forced to release a statement soon as Korean fans are messaging her on Instagram and Facebook.

badmuse likes this.
  13. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

LenaicM and Baddyforall like this.
  14. Baddyforall

15. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

With Coach Kim's interview we know only one side of the story.

That being said PVS' performances have been a joke after her World title and her Instagram feed is simply unbearable as it is a series of post and stories advertising products or stylists or whatever/whoever pays her to post anything related or not from badminton.

If I were her coach and Coach Kim seems like she takes her job seriously, I would be irritated to see my player so distracted and performing so far from her actual capacities. While I'm not sure how Coach Kim has really been treated by PVS I'm also not surprised she left her position.

badmuse and Baddie lover like this.
  16. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
  17. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Kim JI hyun gave the following interview a week after the WC win, conflicting statements. There are 2 sides to every coin. Unless you hear both sides of the story it is better not to judge.

Link: https://sportstar.thehindu.com/badm...and-badminton-academy-sai/article29269774.ece

Kim Ji Hyun
    "“Well, I would have left my job here (with Sports Authority of India at the Gopi Chand Badminton Academy in Hyderabad) if I were not enjoying it."

On PV Sindhu

"“We have a very good bonding that is really helping me to get real good results in the recent past,”

18. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Should PV Sindhu respond to these allegations. Should Sindhu remain silent or speak out? There are moments when silence is golden. If Sindhu chooses to remain silent and not make this a major controversy. We should respect her decision in not escalating the issue. Both Sindhu and Kim will be hurt and in pain.

Kim JI hyun gave the following interview
    a week after the WC win, conflicting statements. There are 2 sides to every coin. Unless you hear both sides of the story it is better not to judge.

Kim Ji Hyun
    "“Well, I would have left my job here (with Sports Authority of India at the Gopi Chand Badminton Academy in Hyderabad) if I were not enjoying it."

On PV Sindhu

"“We have a very good bonding that is really helping me to get real good results in the recent past,”

Swas44 likes this.
  19. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    Well that also has the link to video interview where she says all these things.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

20. Swas44

Swas44 Regular Member

Looks like the Doubles Coach Flandy has something to say about the PVS-Kim issue.

Attached Files: