Malaysia Open Grand Final

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2005 / Malaysia Open 2005' started by sunzhi, Jul 9, 2005.

1. rwchen

rwchen Regular Member

I don't think anyone is trying to take anything from Chong Wei's victory, his win justified he played better than LD. However, if it's true that there were bad line calls, the questionable calls should be rightly pointed out so that in future this obvious weakness may be rectified and badminton competition may be improved. I support to resort to new technology too.

2. sunzhi

sunzhi Regular Member

very true, unfair to lee to relate his win through bad calls. but they were there, if you have chance to watch the game in tv, you will have clearer picture from the slow-mo replays. btw, 'diving' is lin's speciality, he does that in almost every game. lee sure has huge improvement since under li mao and hope he will do just great in the coming WC.

a litl note about lin dan's mental strength. to me, he has always shown his mental toughness with his never say die attitude even when he is far back in points, hence, 'always' wins in settings. but watching him in this match, maybe it's just his off day, he was like throwing and giving up the game when lee was ahead in game 3. lee's last few points wr kinda given by lin instead of won by lee. lin's returns and smashes were many inches wide, its just not him.. i m kinda worry that thr's a change in lin's mentality and perseverance to emerge victorious when he is trailling.. hope he isnt already satisfied with his so many wins..

my 2 cts..

3. sunzhi

sunzhi Regular Member

Attached Files:

4. sunzhi

sunzhi Regular Member

that call looked out to me... i will watch it again ;) agree with your point of players venting their frustration on the linejudges..

Attached Files:

5. sunzhi

sunzhi Regular Member

Attached Files:

6. sunzhi

sunzhi Regular Member

more captures on MD....

Attached Files:

7. maxwellian

maxwellian Regular Member

Hi Yong: Tried pm and email but you have switched off both options. I live in S'pore and is keen to have a copy of the MS and MD matches. When/where can I lay my hands on them? You can contact me by pm or email to maxwellian2005@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

8. sunzhi

sunzhi Regular Member

more captures on MD...

Attached Files:

9. sunzhi

sunzhi Regular Member

more captures on MD...

Attached Files:

10. event

event Regular Member

My point exactly. I am sure that nobody denies what Streamyx said about the strength of Lee's game. The deception, the net shots, and, of course, those cross-court smashes all were just amazing. I just would have liked to have seen all of that without the line call problems and this kind of thing happens more when there is someone playing at home; moreover, I can't remember ever seeing a home player complaining about calls. If there were a way to eliminate it, that would be fantastic.

I, too, got the impression that Lin Dan stopped trying immediately after the line arguments. At the same time, Lee made some incredible plays in the same set of points. He did get his head back into it in the setting of the first game but Lee's own perseverance and skill meant that wasn't enough.

11. verve_pipe

verve_pipe Regular Member

student~!duh...
    where is li yongbo! i've not seen him through put MO...

12. KourKK

KourKK Regular Member

I think ANY player, being able to fight from 10-0 down shows his mental toughness, like Wong Choon Han Agaisnt Lin Dan in the All Englands, He was one set down, And losing 8-0 in the second set, he gave it his all and won the set, although he lost the game overall... 10-0 down and coming back to win the set shows determination by Chong Wei

13. kokcheng

kokcheng Regular Member

Case closed

No matter what happens at MO,the fact is Lcw won the match against lin dan.Line calls controversy does not only happen in Malaysia.It happens everywhere in the world.It happens in all kinds of sports.Heard of the hand of God.Lin Dan may be still the better player than Lcw,but on the night of 11th July 2005 Lcw is the champion.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

14. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    On a neutral note, an almost one year stint away from world badminton had be surprised with the kind of improvement LCW had been making. I didn't thought he was a match for BaoCL until I watched the game. Line calls aside, I'd say his weapon of deception, tricks and net control makes him such a different player from what I remember he was like almost a year ago.

I must say, getting Yonex equipments does make him a better player does it? :)

15. maxwellian

maxwellian Regular Member

I think the credit for Lee CW's improvement has to be himself, then Li Mao for his coaching. But some credit must go to Misbun cos even before Li Mao took over, Lee has already starting to show his immense potential. His footwork, net and deceptive plays and even, his smashes are starting to develop into lethal weapons. He was finalist at last year's S'pore Open, then under Misbun's coaching.

I believed Li Mao sharpened the edges around those weapons and most significantly has worked to improve Lee's fitness (though still not up to the level of Lin Dan, I guessed).:)

16. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

camilla martin, in 2001 against kim ji hyun ( i don't remember the exact name), at the korea open final ( kim ji hyun stopped her career after this open ).
    Kim was leading 10-0 in the rubber !!!! after that camille shouted ARE YOU READY !!! and she fought back and won the game and the match 13-11 ... =)
    this is quite extraordinary .. many players are able with "the fighting spirit" lol
    to come back in a match =p

17. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    You mean Camilla shouted at Kim?

18. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

if i remember from what i read yes =p
    well i'm going to make a research ... =p

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

don't forget the legend Rudy Hartono..In one of the AE tourney, if not mistaken against Morten Frost?? he was down like 1-13 or 1-14 and rallied back to win the set..

20. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I don't think it was Morten Frost as Rudy Hartono and Marten Frost were generations apart. Hartono belonged to the 1960s and 1970s, Frost 1980s.