Malaysia Open 2007 - Day 6 - FINALS

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007' started by kwun, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    who owned who now?

2. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    I am surprised that Budich got a warning from Kwun for stating his prediction without directly attack any member on the forum... but the same rule doesn't apply to the above...:rolleyes:

I honestly was surprised about Tony/Candra loss in this tournament, but must give credit to KKK/TBH for this win.

3. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    One too many cheeseburgers for Tony...:p
    But why do you feel like Malaysia just clean sweep all the title at this tournament when all they gotta show is one MD title while crushing out on all the rest???

I support good players only, and not the country they represent. Look at Gade... he won this tournament despites the fact that he was hospitalized a week before the tournament, but all you guys give all credits to KKK/TBH, but no credit to Gade???:rolleyes:

China dominated the other 3 fields, and no... it doesn't matter to anyone, because Malaysia is not involved in those situations...:rolleyes: Actually WMC got more credit for being the loser of the final than the winner ZL herself from this forum... like WTF???

#583 bananaboy, Jan 21, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  4. soleha

soleha Regular Member

student
    yup...btul!! :) very powerful from both of them!! they deserve it!!;) Malaysia boleh!! eventhough wmc lose, but m'sia still have silver and gold medal from them.. like what i said in another thread....
    better than nothing....;) ;) hope they will maintain their good performance till d wc.........

5. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Dude, who told u that Gade was not given credit for his hardfought win? :rolleyes:
    He was given one of the loudest applause in the stadium after his win.

6. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    I mean from the forum, only like 3, 4 people did.:p It would have been sad if he didn't receive the loud applause in the stadium after his win... I hope it has nothing to do with the fact that it was BCL on the other side of the court though.:p

7. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

Who say that we dont give credits to Peter Gade? I was visiting a chinese malaysian badminton forum and everyone praised Peter Gade and was amazed at his win despite being hospitalised before the tournament. The crowd gave him a big applause too from what i saw in tv.

8. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    Same reply to you as the above post#584...:p

9. hendryting90

hendryting90 New Member

em... kkk and tbh gratz 2 u 2 coz juz win the 1st malaysia open in super series 4 men double!! bout u ppl performance really very good but i think tbh hav to improve lor!! anyway a good perfomance!

10. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

BCL was given plenty of cheers too during the game, esp from his girl fans.:p
    Just that Gade played better and he deserves the win! Well, i suppose the little migraine gave him xtra oomph? :p:p

11. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

From Bernama

[​IMG] [​IMG] Kien Keat/Boon Heong Win Malaysian Open Men's Doubles

KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 21 (Bernama) -- Malaysia's Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong emerged champions in the Malaysian Open men's doubles today after beating the American-Indonesian duo of Tony Gunawan and Candra Wijaya.

In the match held at the Kuala Lumpur Badminton Stadium here, the Doha Asian Games gold medallists took only 34 minutes to sink the 2000 Olympic winners 21-15, 21-18.

In their previous encounter, the Malaysian pair lost in the Japan Open final in October last year where Tony/Candra won 21-15, 21-14.

Kien Keat, 20, and Boon Heong, 19, who trailed 1-3 at the beginning, managed to equalise and extend the lead before winning the set 21-15.

In the second set, both pairs exhibited well organised and aggresive plays and tried to overtake each other.

At one time, the Malaysian pair were ahead 15-10 but Tony/Candra successfully closed the gap. The game ended with 21-18 in the locals' favour.

Kien Keat said they did not face much problems in the first set but started to make mistakes in the second set out of exhaustion having played since the qualifying round last Tuesday.

"Then, we attacked less and tried to defend but persistent assaults by the opponents forced us to return aggresive and finally beat them," he told reporters.

Tony said the Malaysian pair were more aggresive now compared to when they faced each other in the Japan Open.

"Actually, Candra and I did not train enough together because I was in the United States while Candra in Indonesia. Being in the final today is good enough for us," he said.

For the win, Kien Keat/Boon Heong bagged US$14,400 (RM50,688) while Tony/Candra took home US$5,760 (RM20,160).

Wife of Deputy Prime Minister, Datin Seri Rosmah Mansur, gave away the prizes.

Also present to watch the Malaysian Open finals that offered a total of US$200,000 (RM708,000) cash prizes, were Youth and Sports Minister Datuk Azalina Othman Said and the country's former first lady, Tun Siti Hasmah Mohd Ali.

The Malaysian Open is the first leg of the Badminton World Federation's Super Series tour.

12. chity hour

chity hour Regular Member

agree that Boon Heong have improve ...
    he's kaget .....

Actually, I wanna saw the match again ^_^

13. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    i did not intend to attack him but i think many malaysian like me will inevitably be provoked by such provacative statement, "now its the time for kkk/tbh to suffer the defeat"

Your's too.

14. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    The problem with internet forum is that If I would have said what I posted earlier with the tone I intented to, you would have find it more as "half a joke, and half a statement", but since that's impossible I don't blame you for finding it somewhat offensive to some fans."

The quote which you and I were referring to: Candra/Tony = too good!!!:cool::D:D:D even with a few extra cheeseburgers, Tony will still own those dudes for free.:cool:

And "Punks Terminators" is just something I thought of as a funny counter to "legend killers":p...

15. CaesarZ

CaesarZ Regular Member

You are behaving just like another stereotypical diehard fanboy who thinks in their fairytale world that their "idols" are unbeatable. And cant Malaysians be happy for their MD pair who won the title despite the odds against them?

Btw, I'm sure anyone can state their predictions in the forum but not in a unfriendly, arrogant way(eg. you and budich) that tries to incite flaming in the forum.

16. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    haha....budich.....who's right?

17. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    Diehard fanboy??? ME...???:p:D:D:D
    My so-called "idols" unbeatable??? Gade lose to Lin Dan like 80+% of the time. Fu/Cai=no comment, they just get owned more often than LYB like to see. Tony/Candra=They are just great, not unbeatable... Kim/Ra, close to unbeatable at times.:p

Not exactly a flame war, but something that makes this forum more interesting and exciting than just like agree with everyone and go with the crowd thing... and not to the extreme like Indra with Taufik, but gotta admit Indra is funny as hell though.

#597 bananaboy, Jan 21, 2007
  18. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

I agree with your observation of the predominant reactions on this board but disagree with your interpretation. Our spotlight was under KKK/TBH simply because they are the scene stealer who created the biggest upset of the day, while Gade is a "seasoned winner", whether or not his latest win is a hard-fought one or not.

Similarly, WMC got more credit because she has performed above expectation and showed exceptional guts, both in the final match as well as in the entire Malaysia Open, while ZL's win is expected.

#598 Inky2000, Jan 21, 2007
  19. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Budich has shut his motor mouth. I must say he is more gracious in defeat.

20. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    You are a very reasonable person, and gotta give you credit for it.:D
    What you mentioned make lots of sense, and it is also human nature to show favoritism. Just look at this forum when Lin Dan was upset-ed(spelling?) by Korea's Park Sung-Hwan(whom I believe 90% of BC members don't know how to spell his name or what he looks like) ... nobody even mentioned about his effort really, but then comes a thread "why Lin Dan lost" which mentioned the name "Taufik" more often than Park.SH himself???:confused::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Also, even if someone is expected to win, shouldn't we at least give them some credit for winning when we praise our favorite player(s) about their "unexpected" wins??? It makes lots of sense, doesn't it?

#600 bananaboy, Jan 21, 2007