Malaysia Open 2007 - Day 6 - FINALS

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007' started by kwun, Jan 20, 2007.

1. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    Just maybe he is in a different time-zone of the world... it's 7:20am in my city right now... 1 more hour from me going to my regular Sunday badminton!!!:cool::D:D:D Are you jealous??? It's 3 hours long... Just kidding.

2. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Now I know why you called yourself bananaboy ....ooops just kidding too.

3. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    Maybe you should enlighten me on that... even I don't know why I picked that login name...:p

4. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Not sure what everyone is going on about. But I can say I'm very impressed with KKK/TBH's performance. Who wouldn't be? They're just making greater and greater achievements! TG/CW aren't unbeatable, but certainly still one of the greatest MD pairs ever.

I'm very pleased that PG won his match. Out of my 5 favourite MS players (not only based on their skill) - TH, CJ, LCW, PG, LD only PG made it through to the Finals. In fact only PG made it through to the SF. So I'm glad he won especially after what happened just before the tournament.

I'm not quite as excited about the other events personally although I've got to say Zhu Lin is looking very impressive. She should go far.

5. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Favoritism is one possible explanation to some of the postings here but in general, I don't think all of us bother to thrive for fairness and comprehensiveness when we post our reactions, i.e., if you praise one winner, then you MUST praise the other 4; or once you praise a loser, you MUST praise its winner as well. We are not writing a scientific report. We usually only react to those who impress us the most in the game in posting quick comments (we don't have the time and energy to post a lengthy message to ensure fairness and comprehensivenes in order to make bananaboy happy) - and that's not necessarily because we favor who and who.

6. jeyel

jeyel Regular Member

Amazing display again from KKK/TBH. Much better performance compared to the semi-final. The future certainly looks bright for these guys now.

If they keep this up, I daresay they are going to be M'sia's best doubles team EVER (IMHO they are already playing much better than Razif/Jalani, Soon Kit/Kim Hock and Choong/Lee).

7. sherlyn

sherlyn Regular Member

It's so dramatic to see KKK/TBH played in today's game. Their bodies were flexing a lot like elastic, flying here and there for the great save, and speedy played against TG/CW.

Enjoyed to see Rexy putting his hand around TBH's waist when giving advices..hehe :D Looked so much like daddy's-teaching-his-kids and I owez caught the last word "faham? faham?"(in Malay which means understood) from him.

Ah, so much fun to see KKK roared like a lion when there's a mistake fr him causing INA leading 3-1 in the 1st set semi yesterday :cool:

8. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

if u read each of the pages under this thread..indee there were lots of compliments given to gade...

9. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

what more can i say about KKK and TBH!? they were unbelievably good playing tony and candra in the finals! i watched the video several times and noticed that their defense was rock solid... their offense was also better than tony and candra's... but i must admit that tony and candra's placing was better...

to KKK and TBH, congratulations... you might as well replace tony and candra in the future:)

to tony and candra, spend some time more training together... the world today has much much talent than it has ever had... it's not like old days when your body condition feels great and there are few players to challenge you...:) anyhow, congratulations for showing the whole world how badminton should be played:D

10. winnie

winnie Regular Member

fr wat i saw today at the stadium, they reli play well.. but tbh seems not very confident tat he keep on looking back searching for the coach-rexy for approval.. dunno if it's jz me.. then during the end of breaks, aft coaching them, rexy touch tbh head seems like rewarding him "good boy" or wat, then tbh was very happy n bcome very confident.. haha so cute..

by the way, i met them in person today!! manage to get kkk signature n oso took photos with him.. tbh was too fast.. he leave seems like rushing to somewhere tat he din notice i hold out my hand to congrates him.. haihz..
    kkk who left late cannot leave after tat cos many fans surrounding him asking for signature n photos tat he pouted saying, "pls let me leave.. im rushing for aeroplane to korea.. i haven even pack my baggage yet.. the aeroplane is not going to wait me.. then pouted again". haha so cute!!

11. winnie

winnie Regular Member

credits to cw/tg for their sports' spirit.. they were reli frenly n nice aft the match even tho they lose. i saw them n they attended to every request from the fans on locals.. 2 thumb up for them!!

12. MaLiq

MaLiq Regular Member

ooohh...harsh words...
    please mind what you say and think carefully before stating out your predictions because your "predictions" might just bite you in the A$$..hehe

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

My quickie comments on the Finals day...

...just one statement : The barn DID BURN to the ground...:p :D :) ;) :cool:

Wow, i bet it was a truly exhilirating day for all the M'sian fans who were watching at the stadium. Finally, no more strolling in the park got Tony&Candra.:p May i say, pandemonium is the appropriate word. Once again, my congrats to the new young pair of KKK/TBH, they deserve the title, their 2nd major title in as many months. Looking realistically, they still have lots to learn and many more experiences to gain. But one thing is for sure, they do have the hunger, enthusiasms & willingness to learn in playing together.
    Anyways, back to my earlier prediction of the chances of Tony&Candra to lose, well, i wouldn't say the veterans "self-destructed" but i would say most likely their ages has caught up with them. Imagine, the playing age difference between those 2 pairs is roughly 10 yrs. apart:rolleyes: :p
    *sigh* Sometimes i wonder, what if Tony never left and still played with Candra 5-6 yrs ago. And now trying to pick up where they left off?? Who knows where would they stand in IBF/BWF's history.:rolleyes: :p :( Those long lost yrs *sigh*....Anyhoo..:p
    - For Peter Gade, well, what can i say. He not only deserves the title, but earns my vote as having the best story in the whole tourney.:cool:
    - For Zhu Lin, no XXF & ZN as participants, no problem. She just keeps the winning tradition going.:cool:
    - For Gao & Huang, still the pair to fear and beat...
    - For Zheng & Gao, is this the new XD wonder for CHN?? Personally, i thought they never missed a beat with Zheng as Gao's new partner.
    Overall, congrats to all the winners, it was a fun Finals. One down and 12 more to go. On a personal note, it's too bad we weren't able to watch the MD portion.:p
    Now, shall we move on and enjoy the upcoming Korean Open, where the KOR contingent is waiting for all the "tired" bodies to compete there?;) ..and let's all hope for the same exciting and fantastic competitions as what the MO brought us..;) :D :cool:

#613 ctjcad, Jan 21, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  14. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Malaysia Open 2007: Mens Doubles Final was a great match.

Hi budich,

Perhaps now you can understand what Rexy Mainaky was saying before the match.

Most of us @Badminton Central know how experienced and capable TG/CW are. Their skill levels are highly respected. And Rexy knows them well, back in Indonesia.

But what Rexy said was that the great speed, the good defence and the good attack of KKK/TBH could help them beat TG/CW.

Well, it's now recorded in history that it was a match to remember. :):):)

Cheers... chris@ccc

15. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Not the same ...

I don't think the Korea Open will have the drama we see in Malaysia Open ...
    -No first round matchup between Taufik vs Lin Dan.
    -I don't want to see Gade in hospital again.
    -KKK/TBH will not win the title(hard to repeat right after you won one)
    -Korea is not Malaysia, the holly ground of badminton. Not the same atmosphere.
    -Lin Dan will go far this time.
    Of course, my opinion is subjected to change if Malaysian players advance far :D

16. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper

Umm, they are not playing competitively like when they were on the Indonesian team. This is just for their own leisure as it conveniently fits their schedule.

Plus, they each live in different countries and must work to support themselves and their family so they do not have time to practice together anymore.

If you carefully read Tony's comments at the end, you'll see that he's no longer as competitive as when he was in the Indonesian team. They are happy with the results being that they do not have time to train together anymore.

"Actually, Candra and I did not train enough together because I was in the United States while Candra in Indonesia. Being in the final today is good enough for us," he said.

I must say that you Malaysian fans are really positive with some good results. I never remember this much commotion when Fu/Cai beat TG/CW in the 2006 Hong Kong Open. This is almost like when Malaysia beat Korea to land a spot in the semifinal of the Thomas Cup. Let's hope that they can keep this up. :)

17. Speed & Power

Speed & Power Regular Member

The Malaysians have a special place in the history of badminton, from winning the first Thomas Cup to producing all-time legends like Eddy Choong and many other memorable achievements. They(M'sians) simply love their badminton just like how the Brazillians love their football. Badminton to most Malaysians is more than a game, it is a source of national pride & honor b'coz of the history of the game in that country. To my understanding, Malsysians are some of the most passionate badminton fans in the world. So, any kind of +ve result would chalk up a carnival atmosphere!

18. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Yeah exactly! U should see how Malaysian's cheer for the players in the stadium, not only our own players (of course they will get the loudest cheers..), but other players as well, like PG, Gaoling, Jap Girls, PSH, its nearly like givin them the homeground support. The atmosfere is like a football stadium :eek:

19. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

This is because they r more of an all rounder player than CaiFu. Rock solid defense, flat drives and netplay were also just as good and not to mention their avg age is only 20, still hv long way to go...

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hehe, you're probably right...

...true, true, it won't have the *same* excitement, but *different* excitement...how's that??..hehe:p :D ;)
    I just thought the excitement @ the MO was the result from the diversity of and, to a certain extent, unsuspected players/pairs represented in each events.;) :cool:
    *Btw, i can't believe we're only thru the 1st SS event...can't imagine if this is how it's going to be the rest of the yr, esp. with the new SS seeding format..:p:)

#620 ctjcad, Jan 21, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2007