Malaysia Badminton results discussion

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by nokh88, Jun 29, 2017.

1. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

yeah, even Aaron/Soh one rising pair is not enough, BAM need at least 3-4 MD pairs to compete in world stage...

2. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

Sourabh not necessarily that much better than Cheam..but he gave the match away, too many unforced errors.

3. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Aidil Sholeh Ali Sadikin, seems to be one of the promising MS junior. He has a smooth and clean footwork, and nice
    racket strokes quality. If developed properly, he probably will be promising as Lee Zii Jia and Leong Jun Hao.
    I can see the similarities in his style with a certain player, but I cannot seem to put a finger on which one.

4. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Hopefully they can do better against CHN in QF of WJC team event. (I heard?)
    Usually MAS will do well in Team Events, but let's see.

5. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

Just watch his video after you mentioned the name..indeed very fast and smooth footwork. Hope he work hard and keep progressing.

6. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Yeah, he has a good form overall, but tends to stay passive all the time. He really needs to work hard to fix that.
    Regarding WJC result, GJW disappoints again and all the scenario of 2017 repeats again.
    Win XD, no fight in MS, barely lost in MD, and WS disappointment...

7. Master

Master Regular Member

Five shuttlers have already tendered their resignations. Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin (men’s singles), Lee Zii Yii (women’s singles), Woon Khe Wei, Tan Sueh Jeou and Goh Yea Ching (women’s doubles) are on the list.

Not only players, but some coaches are also on their way out as Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) continued to trim down the national team.

The entire squad will consist of only 48 players by the end of next month, a reduction of 12 players from the existing 60-player set-up.

We have asked coaches to comeback with the proposed names (to be released) by next month,” said Chin Chai after chairing the CNT committee meeting yesterday.

Currently we have 17 coaches, and we will trim it to 12. These are the coaches whose contracts are expiring soon. We have informed them before this meeting but it will be unfair for me to name them now."

[Source]

8. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

good news for Malaysia badminton fans:

MAS rookie and rising pair Aaron Chia/Soh Wooi Yik enter to the All England mens double final for the first time since Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong in year 2011. Furthermore it is their first debut, first BWF HSBC Tour Super 1000 tournament final round of the year...

9. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

We lost in the quarter final of asian badminton team championship. I seriously don't like the fact that ee are sending our B team over.

10. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

what is 'ee'?

11. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

Opps, i mean "we"

12. Looi Weng Leong

Looi Weng Leong New Member

Most Malaysian players are still thinking the superstar status when did well in a tournament but the following tournament they are not consistent.Look at those CPS/GLY,GVS/TWK after Olympics what have they won?Too much concentrated on social media and sponsor endorsement till leaving BAM.I understand pressure during the games but when they don’t even have the fighting spirit.Malaysia not famous coaches like Jeremy,Chong tan Fook,Tan Kim Her they are not so famous during their playing days but you see the player they trained all with flying colours.Sometimes player also need to have discipline and work together with the coach not like superstar.I strongly admit that LCW are a true legend and superstar cos he work hard to achieve what he have today.Lastly,I don’t understand why BAM sponsor a local artist Elizabeth Lee(Lizzy) to be ambassador,what can she do to improve Malaysia Badminton ..?BAM should use the fund to improve facilities or coaching recruit.

13. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

i think Indonesia also have their own superstars...

14. Looi Weng Leong

That’s why Indonesia Badminton standard is almost like Malaysia now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Is it now? Let's see.. 3 MD and 1 WD in Top 5, 2 MS and 2 XD inTop 10. Is it almost like Malaysia?

16. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

that is malaysia badminton players before year 2008...

17. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I thought when he said "now" he meant 2019?

18. minions

minions Regular Member

Utter nonsense. Minions are pretty much INA badminton's biggest superstar. Not to mention AG, JC, and Fajar/Rian. All of them are in the top 10. They can trouble any players on their day.

19. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

Malaysian Badminton seems to be getting worse and worse as we move towards the sudirman cup. Predictably we gonna suck big time there. Aftermath, the usual cries of dismay and indignation (we used to be great damnit) ... Nothing is done different...repeat next year×10yrs.
    Sigh ...

20. Looi Weng Leong

If the player attitude still the same Malaysia badminton is over.Look at Japan and India now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk