Magnum ABC Malaysia Satellite 2006 - Alor Star - Nov 21-26

Discussion in '2006 Tournaments' started by event, Nov 16, 2006.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I would echo the opinions given above. Given that Fang Kaixiang is currently the coach of Djarum in WS, it's unlikely that Djarum will "give" Sylvinna up for Pelatnas so easily :cool: Unless of course Fang also move to Pelatnas, a scenario which I doubt will happen :cool:

2. rudy6713

rudy6713 Regular Member

I remembered that Indoensia government did not want to give Tong Xin Fu Indonesian citizenship...I think our government was really stupid....now he trains chinese again...It seems that like in tennis, we are so arrogant and not hiring foreigner to train Indoensian athlete, except those Soccer...now PBSI did not wnat to use Liang Chiu Shia as well...I am not sure Hendrawan is right guy to coach, not bad but we need a better one..Hope they can promote Fang Kai Xiang to pelatnas

3. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Just realize that Coach re-generation is much more difficult rather than player re-generation. Christian Hadinata has coached in Double Pelatnas for long time, no doubt that INA Double achievement was depend on his dedication. PBSI still didn't find the suitable coach in Single, Indra Gunawan was assistant of Tong Xin Fu and Hendrawan & Joko Suprianto were assistant of Indra Gunawan.

If PBSI want to keep "centralize" National Training, they should hire the best coach in Pelatnas. Ironical they couldn't hire the new coach with "no money" reason while a club already hired coach from China.
    Some good experienced coach who stay in clubs but it wasn't easy to pull in them, PBSI should consider "Coach re-generation" in this club.

In Kejurnas, Rudy Hartono give opinion Pelatnas to "de-centralize", centralize only for big/team event, but Icuk Sugiarto against this idea. Christian Hadinata was excited see some junior players and hoped PBSI re-build Pelatnas Pratama (Junior Pelatnas) again.

Badminton has grown as professional sport and should be compare with tennis. 2 player status on tennis, Full Professional player or Association player.
    As Full Professional Player has freedom to train, choose the coach, choose where to play and get the sponsorships (with their own money).
    As Association player, they have to following the rule from the association (who give the facilities & coach) about prize money, sponsorships also choosing the tournament.
    Mostly Top Tennis Women China player are Association player Li Na, Zheng Jie, Yan Zi, Sun Tian Tian exception Shuai Peng.

A Little different is double, double in tennis 2nd or 3rd priority much different with badminton. Some badminton fans like to watch MD match as most entertainment. I think most of double player want "centralize".

Just my opinion, PBSI should give these 2 option as association player or pro player (under club or individual). If choose as association player, the player have to sign in some agreement (included rules when a player left Pelatnas).

#143 Sandy, Nov 30, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2006
  4. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    Krisna,

Thank you for sharing and stating clearly the form of information. Very interesting things to hear, and i've also heard that he's a difficult person as your stories said. Either way, hope the best for everyone.

Thanks

TBBMBB(N)

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic - How about PBSI giving this idea a thought..

Sandy, some interesting thoughts there(esp. abt the comparison with tennis)..But i'll just give my 2 cents on these above(rest of post snipped for brevity)..
    IMO, how about giving some well deserved rewards to their loyal coaches, esp. for Mr. Hadinata(at least on the financial side & no, i'm not pushing for him)...How about PBSI showing some respect(s) to them for what they've brought and sacrificed for Indonesian badminton..Reading your last statement which i've highlighted in bold, shows how dedicated Mr. Hadinata is = his love & passion for the game is undeniable..Can PBSI folks see this??.:rolleyes: :p :( ..
    Imagine if he decide to leave Pelatnas a long while back, i wonder what the Pelatnas doubles condition will be like??..Thank goodness there are still a few people like Mr. Hadinata out there..:rolleyes: :confused: :( :p

#145 ctjcad, Nov 30, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2006
  6. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Aaah, that's so right! :D I agree completely, Sandy. That's very fair. But, right now, PBSI is still in an unfair agreement with Yonex. Basically, the agreement said that any player representing Indonesia who competes in a 5* or 6* tournament and any player who is in the top 1 to 30 ranking has to wear Yonex. This applies to all Indonesians whether in Pelatnas or not.

So basically, it is very hard for an aspiring Indonesian player to become a top player without getting sponsorship other than with Yonex. Right now Yonex refuse to pay the other non-Pelatnas player any money even though they are in the top 1 - 30, because the agreement with PBSI officials is that Yonex already payed for ALL Indonesian players. In reality, the money only goes to Pelatnas [or in other words, goes through PBSI officials first]....:mad:

This contract has been going on for around 20 years. It expires in October 2008 but can be renewed [yet again]. Unless this clause in the contract is changed that it applies only to Pelatnas players, not ALL Indonesians, then forget about professionalism in Indonesian badminton. The same old disfunctional thing will go on and on.... :crying:

I happen to talk to some PBSI officials. Some don't even realize that there is such a clause in the contract and that it damages Indonesian Badminton [this includes Pak Setiyoso who cannot read English while the Yonex contract is in English and he didn't master the situation]. Some know and don't like it but think they don't have other viable options to get funds [which is actually not true]. Some [mostly former players who are now coaching or in Bidang Pembinaan] know that it is very unfair and prefer individual contracts, but can't do anything because they are not the decision makers.

There are also greedy people like the contract as is because they can get money out of it even though they are not even playing, coaching, training, or toiling every day on the courts.... They just know the contract produces money for the Association and they are in the Association as 'administrators', who work lazily and mostly do nothing but make things difficult for people who have to pass through their 'red tape' barricade. They are the leeches of Indonesian Badminton... [they are the probably worst kind of parasites in the Badminton World] :mad: :mad:

In my opinion this disfunctional Yonex contract has to go first before Indonesian Badminton can see a bright future. Let the market forces shape the contract sizes of the players. If they are bad players, then they get cheap sponsors. If they are good players, then they will get great contracts $$$. And the different advertisers will enter a media war promoting the atheletes they sponsor. Badminton will be in the limelight again... Right now, since Yonex monopolize the top players without any threat from other brands encroaching the top players, they do almost nothing to promote the top players in the media...

7. stiflerz

stiflerz Regular Member

who is she?

8. stiflerz

stiflerz Regular Member

who is she?